watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Steff Jo to QPHa (now official)

Started by Riversider, July 23, 2021, 02:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G_Gribby

As I live in Scandinavia I of course feel some extra inches for Stefan Johansen.
Have a tonic life mate! Well done for the club.
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

Pluto

Good for him but this is disappointing in my opinion. He was shafted by Parker in favor of far inferior midfielders. Looked top class as QPR's best player last season and definitely feel like he could have contributed under Silva.

Whitestone

Quote from: Pluto on July 24, 2021, 08:21:16 PM
Good for him but this is disappointing in my opinion. He was shafted by Parker in favor of far inferior midfielders. Looked top class as QPR's best player last season and definitely feel like he could have contributed under Silva.

No one can doubt Stef Jo's contribution and commitment. The three musketeers will live long in the memory and in particular that 23 game unbeaten run. Johansen slipped down the pecking order long before Parker when he was loaned out to West Brom. I think there must have been an upsurge in the purchase of rose tinted spectacles lately. The reason he looks good at QPR is obvious isn't it ?

Texas White

Wish him the best.. he deserves that

Southcoastffc

Good luck Stefjo. Superb player, great attitude, energy, grit and flair, one of my all time favourites. Vardo's finest.  QPR are very lucky to have him.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

bod

Definitely one of my favourites and sorry to see him go.
Nothing wrong with sentiment on here, although I understand the practicalities with the move.
He will give great service to Rangers. Good luck Stefjo.

colinwhite

Quote from: Pluto on July 24, 2021, 08:21:16 PM

Parker may have been guilty of many things but didnt shaft . Stef jo thats just ridiculous

Whitesideup

Quote from: JEEVES on July 24, 2021, 05:22:38 PM
Quote from: Whitesideup on July 23, 2021, 05:54:17 PM
Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on July 23, 2021, 04:57:59 PM
Too much sentiment in this thread. Steff Jo is not the player that he was and although he will show some signs of his former self he cannot be trusted to last a season of 90 minute football.
Quite a lot of QPR fans disagree. They were very happy with him last year, and 30 is no age. How old was Danny Murphy when he joined us? No, this is a good move for QPR, and not a good one for us... unless his knee injury is serious, but there was little sign of it at QPR.  You can't blame Stefjo as he was frozen out of the team at Fulham. I for one think he deserved better.

Course they disagree, he's probably the best player in their squad, which shows the gulf in quality between our squad and theirs. I love Stefan Johansen but you can't use Danny Murphy in your argument. Stefjo is yet to establish himself as a premier league quality player. Danny Murphy on the other hand was absolute class and only took the step down at the very end of his career.

I totally agree about the difference in class between the two. For me Danny Murphy was one of the best central midfielders in the premier League when playing for us, and one of the outstanding Fulham players in our most successful period.  But of course I can use him in my argument. The point I am making is not a comparison of footballing ability, simply age, and that at the age of 30 many a player has a good few years left in them. You should not write players off just because they turn 30.