News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wilson, Grimes, Muniz & Trybull - are these the type of players we want?

Started by Jeroen, July 23, 2021, 05:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeroen

We have been linked with Wilson, Grimes, Muniz & Trybull and although there seems merit in Wilson & Grimes, you never know with rumours, but...

Are these the type of player s we want/need? With our current squad we should be looking at players that can come in and not only get us promoted, but are able to step up to the prem - No point of signing anyway now that we have to send out on loan after we get promoted.

Genuine question as I don't know the players well enough, but could they step up? But there is no point of new players that wont make the grade in the PL

filham

It is not always clear which individual players will make the grade in the top flight.
It is possible that after as season fighting for promotion a player will develop under a particular manager and improve with the team to become Premier League ready.

Deeping_white

Wilson and Grimes yes, both have their peak to come and could easily become PL standard players. Muniz is supposedly very highly rated and was wanted by Atleti so clearly some big teams think he's got what it takes - will be a risk taking someone from South America at a young age and expecting them to cope with the English game but it's fairly physical out there so if he can adapt then we might have a potential gem. Trybull I would suggest isn't up to the standard for PL football hence Norwich always loan him out when they go up (basically their version of StefJo) so can't really see why we'd want him other than as a cheap depth option, because he would be behind a starting trio of TC, Reed and Grimes and then we've got Onomah & Seri in theory so perhaps just playing the Arter backup role?

Tabby

Grimes has looked like a tidy player whenever I've seen him and think he could possibly make the step up. I wasn't impressed with Trybull when I've seen him.

Can't say I've seen Wilson or Muniz enough to make any kind of judgement.

Arthur

Quote from: Jeroen on July 23, 2021, 05:20:52 PM
No point of signing anyway now that we have to send out on loan after we get promoted.

But there is no point of new players that wont make the grade in the PL

I think it's good to start with this ideal in mind, but the Club has to be realistic also. And being 'realistic', to my mind, means recognising that those players who can 'make the grade' might rather not wait another season to play P.L. football. Nor might they want to take the risk of our failing to reach the promised land in the first place.

In which case, if not every signing can be someone who could grace the P.L., we must try to bring in the best Championship-quality players we can, to ensure that we are at least better than the teams we are going to be up against this season.

JimmyConway

Technically they are all very good so it's a yes from me. Will mean we create more chances and hopefully score more goals.

davew

Why are we worrying about players who could make the PL grade, first of all I would like to see a squad that can get us back to the PL and we haven't got one at the moment! Am struggling to keep up to date with all of the activity in the transfer window so far, does our Club realise it is actually open??
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

We Are Premier League

Four yes for me, that would more or less be all the signings we need this summer, but we probably need to sell Zambo to keep our finances under control.

JimmyConway

Wilson & Grimes are both very very left footed. If you factor in Cairney then it will be interesting how they shape the team though Wilson tends to play on the right and cuts in on his left.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: davew on July 23, 2021, 07:46:25 PM
Why are we worrying about players who could make the PL grade, first of all I would like to see a squad that can get us back to the PL and we haven't got one at the moment! Am struggling to keep up to date with all of the activity in the transfer window so far, does our Club realise it is actually open??

Agreed. The standard should be does the player improve on the current squad? Do the finances makes sense in the short and long term? If the answer is yes to both, you do the deals.

Wilson > Knock, yes.
Grimes > StefJo, yes.
Muniz > AK, ? This is where you have to trust the coaching staff or scouts because not sure any of us really know the answer there.

Twig

Quote from: WolverineFFC on July 23, 2021, 08:33:39 PM

Agreed. The standard should be does the player improve on the current squad? Do the finances makes sense in the short and long term? If the answer is yes to both, you do the deals.

Wilson > Knock, yes.
Grimes > StefJo, yes.
Muniz > AK, ? This is where you have to trust the coaching staff or scouts because not sure any of us really know the answer there.

But I am being to.d that Grimes is a defensive CM and StefJo was definitely not. So as I see it, if we sign Grimes he will be competing with Reed and I know where my money would be.

Classic94

Happy with Grimes and Wilson. I don't know enough about Muniz to have an opinion, but sounds promising. Plus another CF option isn't a bad thing. Trybull would be a bit underwhelming.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Twig on July 23, 2021, 09:07:15 PM
Quote from: WolverineFFC on July 23, 2021, 08:33:39 PM

Wilson > Knock, yes.
Grimes > StefJo, yes.

But I am being to.d that Grimes is a defensive CM and StefJo was definitely not. So as I see it, if we sign Grimes he will be competing with Reed and I know where my money would be.

If past tactics hold, Silva is going to be playing a double pivot in the midfield which leaves room for Reed and Grimes to play together once FZA likely moves on. I do not know much about Trybull but expect he becomes the cover along with JMS? Onomah/TC/Fabio are at the top of the midfield 3.

StefJo is not a fit for Silva's tactics and to be honest has been out of the 1st 11 for the past 3 seasons. So to me Grimes > StefJo.

filham

No doubt the yardstick simply has to be is the new player an improvement on what we already have and is he the type of player to fit in with the coaches system.

JackHamlet90

Wilson will be a really good addition.
Grimes I like as a player think that's a good replacement for StefJo.
Both have potential to play a part in the Prem.
Turnball I'm not sure on & the Brazilian lad I know nothing about him but that's the sort of signing I think we should be making

Twig

Quote from: JackHamlet90 on July 24, 2021, 07:40:29 AM
Wilson will be a really good addition.
Grimes I like as a player think that's a good replacement for StefJo.
Both have potential to play a part in the Prem.
Turnball I'm not sure on & the Brazilian lad I know nothing about him but that's the sort of signing I think we should be making

Grimes rarely gets on the scoresheet whereas StefJo did so I'm not sure they are directly comparable.