watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Sign Wilson and Gazzaniga

Started by colham, July 24, 2021, 10:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arthur

Two good signings. I'm especially pleased with Wilson. When you bring in a player who would likely make the starting XI of every other club in your league, that has to be a good signing.

JEEVES

Quote from: ALG01 on July 24, 2021, 10:08:19 PM
Let us hope they work out well.
Not bad signings but very late after being relegated such a long time ago.

Read this like 5 times in a row trying to work out what it meant. Are you saying that these 2 signings should have been made before the start of last season?

Arthur

Quote from: JEEVES on July 25, 2021, 12:48:05 AM

Read this like 5 times in a row trying to work out what it meant. Are you saying that these 2 signings should have been made before the start of last season?

I wouldn't be surprised if he means that despite Wilson being fully focused on playing for Wales at the European Championships and not prepared to discuss where his future might lie until afterwards, it is the fault of the Club that he didn't sign for us in May.

KingofCheese

Harold Wilson was prime minister not Harry Wilson.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

JEEVES

Quote from: Arthur on July 25, 2021, 12:58:20 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if he means that despite Wilson being fully focused on playing for Wales at the European Championships and not prepared to discuss where his future might lie until afterwards, it is the fault of the Club that he didn't sign for us in May.

Read it 5 more times. get it now. basically saying considering we were relegated all the way back in May. We've made these transfers late. But to anyone who's been following the club for the last few years.. 2 signings before deadline day is amazing!

Statto

No doubt these signings were fully endorsed by our head of scouting who doesn't exist yet

The Rational Fan

Quote from: JEEVES on July 25, 2021, 01:12:58 AM

Read it 5 more times. get it now. basically saying considering we were relegated all the way back in May. We've made these transfers late. But to anyone who's been following the club for the last few years.. 2 signings before deadline day is amazing!

I commonly hear fans state we should a) sign players earlier and b) sign quality players like Brentford do. As Brentford generally sign players later, it seems some fans want us to sign players earlier and later than we currently do. I am fairly certain Premier League clubs were interested in Harry Wilson earlier in the window, but he also realised he would play preseason as first XI, but end up us a bench player after deadline signings, so preferred us instead.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: Statto on July 25, 2021, 01:29:18 AM
No doubt these signings were fully endorsed by our head of scouting who doesn't exist yet

TK has already welcomed them both to the club which answers that one I guess..

That said, it's been lovely not to have thread after thread about the guy. So far, I think its been so good.

ealex40

:plus one:
Quote from: HV71 on July 24, 2021, 10:21:34 PM
Welcome - our best wishes to you both!

:plus one: 049:gif

FFC In Oz

Two great signings.

Obviously we needed some competition for Rodak in goal, and Gazzaniga has a wealth of experience at the top level, given the issues Lloris has had with injury over the years.  I expect him to keep Marek on his toes.

I'm very excited about Harry Wilson.  Not only is he a classy player with a wand of a left foot, but importantly he gives us a threat from dead ball situations.  When was the last time we had a player who was capable of scoring a handful of free kicks each season?

Jules

These are 2 very good signings indeed. One or two more of this quality in and I will be pretty confident of going back up next season.

G_Gribby

At Twitter the Liverpool fans seems to be pretty understanding with that Harry Wilson leave, but also unhappy with the fact it's happening. They believe that mr Wilson never got a proper chance.
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

Woolly Mammoth

It's a start and pleased with these signings especially Harry Wilson, and adding them to the current squad is encouraging.
I just hope in the meantime we do not lose any key players if we are to make a serious challenge.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Looks as if we have made two very good signings and just in time to get bedded in for the start of the season. Well done TK.
However I am not going to get too excited until we have seen them in action in a Fulham shirt. I am still smarting from how I raved this time last year about the signing of RLC and what a flop he turned out to be.

sunburywhite

Quote from: Arthur on July 25, 2021, 12:47:33 AM
Two good signings. I'm especially pleased with Wilson. When you bring in a player who would likely make the starting XI of every other club in your league, that has to be a good signing.

Very true
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

bobby01

Pretty sure Marco eluded to more coming at the end of his interview.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Fulham1959

Quote from: bobby01 on July 25, 2021, 10:48:08 AM
Pretty sure Marco eluded to more coming at the end of his interview.

The elusive Marco Silva !

cmg

...yep. We should also have signed Gazzaniga in May despite the fact that he was still under contract with Tottenham until July 1.

paulbrookersmazydribbles

Some suggestions on Twitter by journalists that the Wilson deal is actually an initial loan.

Penfold

Quote from: paulbrookersmazydribbles on July 25, 2021, 02:06:16 PM
Some suggestions on Twitter by journalists that the Wilson deal is actually an initial loan.

The claim is a loan which converts to a permanent deal on 1 July 2022. Defers the transfer fee until the next accounting year.