watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Pier Proposal

Started by JimOG, July 23, 2021, 10:15:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HV71

This would be amazing- and as Statto points out - would surely make our ground the greatest in the world. Sadly , as already mentioned, anything that tampers with the Boat Race will surely come in for extra scrutiny - - the rowing fraternity will undoubtedly throw their oar in

Riversider

Quote from: HV71 on July 23, 2021, 03:34:24 PM
This would be amazing- and as Statto points out - would surely make our ground the greatest in the world. Sadly , as already mentioned, anything that tampers with the Boat Race will surely come in for extra scrutiny - - the rowing fraternity will undoubtedly throw their oar in
The people behind the design concept of The Fulham Pier are world class at their job, I'm going to hazard a guess that they've factored in any impact on the boat race.

Holders

If it would somehow allow us to cross from/to  the south side without that long walk over the bridge and around the park that'd be great. Or imagine a park and ride somewhere upstream where the traffic is less bad.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Riversider

Quote from: Holders on July 23, 2021, 03:49:25 PM
If it would somehow allow us to cross from/to  the south side without that long walk over the bridge and around the park that'd be great. Or imagine a park and ride somewhere upstream where the traffic is less bad.
You've not understood how the Thames Clipper works, it will provide a regular service between Fulham and Woolwich and all stops in between.

sarvenpa

I think it looks fantastic, great commitment from Mr Kahn.

Twig

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 23, 2021, 02:48:51 PM
Quote from: Twig on July 23, 2021, 02:45:57 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on July 23, 2021, 01:08:01 PM
I'm wondering what angle our resident anti Khan conspiracy theorist is going to use to shoehorn this into his plot. :005:

If you are talking about Shad Khan then I'm genuinely not aware of any "anti Khan conspiracy theorist". Who am I missing?

There's one particular poster who keeps raving that firstly we were being asset stripped by Shad Khan, then he was going to sell up CC and move us into Wembley, then it was the Riverside stand was never going to happen and he was just humouring us with all these grand plans, and finally once we started work it on it, it was only to make us more attractive to sell.

Ah ok, I've obviously not paid him much attention!

MickTheBeard

The one thing you might have missed is the extra walkway which would allow access to new stand when football is played would be shut,would now be open for punters,that's for their advantage,let's hope im wrong,could mean they don't need football move them to ex gas works Motspur park football is only played approx 30days a year at the cottage,ten pin bowling anyone,how about a water ride in the Haynes stand,house of horrors in the cottage,watch candy flos sticks to your scarf.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Riversider on July 23, 2021, 04:24:59 PM
You've not understood how the Thames Clipper works, it will provide a regular service between Fulham and Woolwich and all stops in between.
So, are you implying that it would be possible to board at the existing Putney pier stop (in front of the Thai Square restaurant) and cross to the Cottage?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Holders

Quote from: Southcoastffc on July 23, 2021, 05:21:06 PM
So, are you implying that it would be possible to board at the existing Putney pier stop (in front of the Thai Square restaurant) and cross to the Cottage?

I haven't the slightest idea. Crossing from Putney to the Cottage doesn't offer much advantage if the park is open. It's just that these days coming in from the south or west one has to park so far away (and on the south side as it's hopeless to try and cross the bridge) that an option to cross the river from upstream to the Cottage if ever that were to be possible) would be very convenient. Stops between Fulham and Woolwich wouldn't offer any advantage to me personally as that's the wrong direction but it might suit others.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Statto

Quote from: Southcoastffc on July 23, 2021, 05:21:06 PM

Yes but the clipper charges a flat rate for all journeys so it would cost about £7. Then another £7 if you come back over the river after the match!

Andy S

To me it enhances the river and makes it more accessible. I can foresee another pub open to the public an a lovely walk by the ground

grandad

What a wonderful project. I really hope the Ruperts won´t scupper the idea.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Fulham1959

Quote from: MickTheBeard on July 23, 2021, 04:56:08 PM
The one thing you might have missed is the extra walkway which would allow access to new stand when football is played would be shut,would now be open for punters,that's for their advantage,let's hope im wrong,could mean they don't need football move them to ex gas works Motspur park football is only played approx 30days a year at the cottage,ten pin bowling anyone,how about a water ride in the Haynes stand,house of horrors in the cottage,watch candy flos sticks to your scarf.

What on earth does all that mean ?  A few full stops and proper sentences might help.