watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunday Fulham Stuff - 25/07/21...

Started by WhiteJC, July 25, 2021, 09:30:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham's DOUBLE deal! Harry Wilson seals £12m move after almost 16 years at Liverpool while goalkeeper Paulo Gazzaniga is snapped up by Cottagers after his Tottenham contract expired

Fulham have gone into the market and signed Harry Wilson and Paulo Gazzaniga
    Wilson joins from Liverpool in a £12m move after being at the club for 16 years
    Gazzaniga's contract at previous club Tottenham expired earlier in the summer
    New boss Marco Silva will be hoping pair help team make swift top-flight return

Fulham have made a double swoop to bring in Harry Wilson and Paulo Gazzaniga as they look to earn an immediate return to the Premier League.

After last season's relegation and then Scott Parker leaving the club to join Bournemouth, the Cottagers have had to act quickly to ensure their preparations for the Championship season are not disrupted.

And new boss Marco Silva has splashed £12m to sign Harry Wilson from Liverpool and bring an end to the 24-year-old's 16 years at the club.

Fulham have have officially confirmed the signings of Harry Wilson and Paulo Gazzaniga

The Welshman arrives for a £12m fee from Liverpool after spending 16 years at the club

Gazzaniga had been without a club after his contract at Tottenham expired earlier this summer

That includes several loan moves though, including last season at Cardiff, and in all his time at Anfield he made just two senior appearances - a start in the League Cup and a cameo off the bench in the FA Cup.

'I'm delighted to sign for Fulham,' Wilson told FFCtv.  'From my first chat with the Gaffer on the phone, I loved what he was saying and felt that he understood me as a player, and that played a massive role in me coming here.

'The ambition of the Club to get back into the Premier League appealed to me as that's where we all want to be. I'm hoping I can come here, have a good season and help get the Club back into the Premier League.'

Wilson left the Reds' training camp in Austria on Saturday for a medical after agreeing personal terms.

The Welsh international was involved with his country's Euro 2020 campaign earlier this summer, making three substitute appearances.

The 24-year-old's sale means Liverpool have generated over £30m this summer with the sale of fringe players Kamil Grabara, Liam Millar, Marko Grujic and Taiwo Awoniyi.

Gazzaniga meanwhile also underwent a medical on Saturday, joining the Cottagers after his contract at Tottenham expired over the summer.

The Argentine joined Spurs four years ago from Southampton, reuniting with Mauricio Pochettino who he played under on the south coast.

However, he was a clear number two to Hugo Lloris, and will hope the move to Craven Cottage results in first-team football. Fulham had Alphonse Areola in goal last season, but he returned to PSG at the end of his loan spell.

Fulham midfielder Stefan Johansen has completed a permanent move to QPR.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9822043/Fulhams-DOUBLE-deal-Harry-Wilson-seals-12m-Liverpool-Paulo-Gazzaniga-joins.html

WhiteJC

Harry Wilson and Paulo Gazzaniga: Fulham add duo to squad

Fulham have signed Liverpool attacking midfielder Harry Wilson and former Tottenham goalkeeper Paulo Gazzaniga.

Wales international Wilson, 24, joins the Championship club in a move understood to be worth about £12m on a deal that could last until 2026.

Argentine Gazzaniga, 29, has signed a two-year deal after being released by Tottenham earlier this summer.

He moved to Spurs from Southampton in 2017, but spent the second half of last season on loan at Spanish side Elche.

"The ambition of the club to get back into the Premier League appealed to me as that's where we all want to be," Wilson said.

Wilson also spent last season on loan - at Cardiff City - and was part of his country's squad at Euro 2020.

He made 38 appearances for the Welsh club and three substitute appearances at the European Championship, where he was sent off in the last-16 defeat by Denmark.

Wilson made only two senior appearances for Liverpool, starting one League Cup game and coming on as a substitute in the FA Cup.

He has also had loan spells at Crewe Alexandra, Hull City, Derby County and Bournemouth during his time with the Anfield club.

Benfica previously made an approach for Wilson but initial talks broke down over the valuation of the player.

The Reds rejected a bid of about £11m for Wilson from Burnley last summer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57958502

WhiteJC

Arsenal 'complete deal for Fulham starlet Mika Biereth'

Arsenal have reportedly bolstered their youth ranks with the signing of Fulham starlet Mika Biereth.

The 18-year-old is yet to make his first senior career appearance, but he has risen through the Cottagers' youth ranks and enjoyed a hugely successful 2020-21 season with the Under-18s.

Biereth registered 34 goal contributions (21 goals, 13 assists) from 21 appearances in the Under-18 Premier League South as Fulham topped the table, although his side suffered a 3-1 defeat to Manchester City in the national final.

The teenager's performances did not go unnoticed, though, and The Athletic now reports that Arsenal have won the race to sign Biereth for their academy.

The report adds that Fulham did table a professional contract to the prolific forward, but he rejected the Cottagers' offer in favour of making the move across the capital to Arsenal.

Biereth also netted one goal in the FA Youth Cup last season and made three appearances for the Under-23s in the Premier League 2.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/arsenal/transfer-talk/news/arsenal-complete-deal-for-fulham-starlet-mika-biereth_456800.html?newsnow

WhiteJC

Arsenal snap up lethal Fulham striker who scored 21 goals last season

Arsenal struggled at times last season and against teams where they really would have been expected to get all three points.

Arsenal as a side just didn't seem to click and couldn't put together a consistent enough run to worry opponents or the table. They finished a disappointing 8th.

The Gunners have made three transfers so far this summer window. Albert Lokonga (RSC Anderlecht) and Nuno Tavares (Benfica) have been snapped up. The pair of 21-year-olds are also joined by Fulham youngster Mike Biereth according to The Athletic's transfer tracker (July 24, 6 pm).

Fulham will be adjusting to life in the Championship, and hoping to get out of it, under the guidance of new head coach Marco Silva.

However, it will be an adjustment that they will have to make minus the goalscoring talents of 18-year-old London-born starlet Biereth.

According to The Athletic, Arsenal have moved in and snapped up the talented young striker after he turned down Fulham's offer of a professional deal at Craven Cottage.

Biereth was on fire last season for Fulham's Under-18s with an astonishing record in front of goal. In just 21 games, the young striker scored 21 goals and provided 13 assists.

This total of 21 goals included hat-tricks against Spurs and Aston Villa Under-18s as well as an outstanding display away at Leicester. In this game, Biereth hit a hat-trick of both goals and assists in an 8-0 Fulham victory.

Thoughts?
What is Arsenal's gain here is definitely Fulham's loss. Mike Biereth's season last time out shows the potential that he had.

Whilst youth football is hardly able to measure up to the rigours of first-team games, you cannot discount the returns that he had, 21 goals and 13 assists make big waves at any level.

Fulham might have been minded to introduce him to the first-team at Craven Cottage in this season's Championship. However, that is all supposition now.

What is clear is that he has left Craven Cottage and travelled the 7 miles north to Arsenal and The Emirates.

https://the72.co.uk/243066/arsenal-snap-up-lethal-fulham-striker-who-scored-21-goals-last-season/

WhiteJC

Fulham Confirm Paulo Gazzaniga and Harry Wilson Signings

Fulham have completed the signings of goalkeeper Paulo Gazzaniga and winger Harry Wilson. Gazzaniga joins on a free transfer after leaving Tottenham Hotspur at the end of last season, while Wilson has completed a £12 million move from Liverpool.

Paulo Gazzaniga and Harry Wilson Join Fulham
Permanent Move for Wilson
Wrexham-born Wilson joined the academy at Liverpool in 2005, meaning this permanent move away from the Reds brings a 16-year spell to a close. Despite being highly rated, he never made a Premier League appearance for the club, instead appearing once each in the FA Cup and Carabao Cup.

He did, though, garner top-flight experience on loan at Bournemouth in the 2019/20 season, scoring seven times in 31 league games and impressing along the way.

Wilson has found the majority of his success in the Championship. He was one of the loan stars of Frank Lampard's Derby County team in 2018/19, helping them to the play-off final after the brilliant semi-final success against Leeds United. He also scored a stunning free-kick in the Carabao Cup win away at Manchester United.

The 24-year-old spent last season in the second tier, scoring seven goals in 37 games for Cardiff City.

None of these loan moves were enough to force his way into the first-team at Liverpool. Wilson's favoured position is on the right of a front three, where Mohamed Salah is at the top of the pecking order. The Reds also have Xherdan Shaqiri to play there and the long-term successor, currently, is seen to be teenager Harvey Elliott, leaving Wilson with no opportunities to impress.

This move to Fulham can finally allow him to settle at a club where he has the ability to be one of the top players there.

On his move, Wilson said: "I'm delighted to sign for Fulham. From my first chat with the gaffer on the phone, I loved what he was saying and felt that he understood me as a player, and that played a massive role in me coming here.

"The ambition of the club to get back into the Premier League appealed to me as that's where we all want to be. I'm hoping I can come here, have a good season and help get the club back into the Premier League."

Gazzaniga to Provide Competition
Argentine goalkeeper Gazzaniga joins the Cottagers on a free transfer after leaving Spurs at the end of last season. He had been very much a back-up choice for Spurs but did get a handful of appearances in the 2019/20 season when Hugo Lloris was out injured.

Overall he featured 37 times for Spurs after joining from Southampton in 2017. His arrival at Fulham will see him provide competition for Marek Rodak's number one spot alongside fellow goalkeeper Fabri.

Gazzaniga said of the move: "Fulham is a great club. I love the challenge and I think this is an excellent opportunity for me.

"When they spoke of the project here at Fulham the decision was easy. The Championship is a very strong league and I am looking forward to getting started."

https://lastwordonsports.com/football/2021/07/25/fulham-paulo-gazzaniga-harry-wilson/

WhiteJC

Fulham sign former Tottenham goalkeeper Gazzaniga on free transfer

ulham have signed goalkeeper Paulo Gazzaniga on a free transfer.

Gazzaniga left Tottenham Hotspur at the end of the 2020-21 season upon the expiry of his contract, and has now penned a two-year deal with the Championship side.

The west London club also completed the signing of Harry Wilson from Liverpool.

What has been said?
Gazzaniga said: "Fulham is a great club. I love the challenge and I think this is an excellent opportunity for me.

"When they spoke of the project here at Fulham the decision was easy. The Championship is a very strong league and I am looking forward to getting started."

Tony Khan added: "We're thrilled to welcome Paulo to Fulham; we believe he'll be a valuable addition to our squad. He's had many clubs pursuing him since his contract expired, and I'm glad that he chose to come to Fulham."

Why have Fulham brought him in?
Alphonse Areola has returned to Paris Saint-Germain after his season on loan from the French side.

That leaves Fulham with Marek Rodak and Fabri as senior goalkeepers on the books, with academy product Marcus Bettinelli also leaving after his contract expired. Fabri's last league appearance, however, came in November 2019 for Mallorca.

Rodak was Fulham's first-choice goalkeeper in the 2019-20 campaign when they won promotion back to the Premier League.

How did Gazzaniga do last season?
Initially brought to Tottenham by Mauricio Pochettino, who he worked with at Southampton, Gazzaniga fell out of favour in north London under Jose Mourinho.

Joe Hart was brought in to be Hugo Lloris' understudy, and Gazzaniga failed to make an appearance in the first half of the 2020-21 season.

The 29-year-old then joined Spanish side Elche on a six-month loan, making eight La Liga appearances as they narrowly avoided relegation.

Gazzaniga ended the campaign as Elche's first-choice goalkeeper, crucially keeping a clean sheet in the 2-0 victory over Athletic Bilbao on the final day of the season to keep Elche in the division.

He made 37 appearances for Tottenham in his four seasons at the club.

https://theathletic.com/news/fulham-sign-former-tottenham-goalkeeper-gazzaniga-on-free-transfer/BElfNGuzAOZj