watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Where does Bobby Reid fit in ?

Started by Riversider, July 25, 2021, 01:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Try as I might I can't find a place in our starting eleven, can anybody configure an eleven where Reid features  ?

FulhamStu

In one of the front 3 positions.  Wilson Mitro BDR.  He will obviously have comp for Cav, Knockeart, Kebano and Carv, as will Wilson.  We will I expect lose somebody, prob on loan if we can't get money from perm move away.  It's the same at the back. 

Finnans Right Peg

Or if we play 442 he could play just off mitro and do all the running for mitro 

Jimmy Hill

Was thinking about this

Gazzinga
      Tete.       Hector.     Toisn
Ried.       Reed.      Anguissa   Robinson

Wilson.    Mitro.        Cavliero

jayffc

Currently, you could try and invert him on the LW, where we are light on quality imo as I dont love Cav and Knockaert as starters. Would rather move one of them or even both on if we could bring in some quality there.

Kamara and kebano fine for depth but not setting the world alight so again if we can move 2 of the above on and bring in 1 higher quality winger I'd be happy with that

So you could go BDR left wing with Robinson overlapping.

He has also played as a CAM before so not out the question he could play a bit there give Cairney's fitness is a massive question mark.

All in all he's a great utility attacking player to have at this level and I'd be happy to have him on the bench as an option. Most likely though is he'll be battling to win back the RW spot with Wilson.

PaulJ123

Think he's a bench player really, useful to have as can play in a lot of positions but shouldn't starting for me.

Controversial but I'd prefer Cav playing LW. Inverted wingers will suit our fullbacks better.

I'd like to see:

Rodak
Tete Tosin Kongolo Robinson
Reed Zambo/Grimes
Wilson Carvalho Cav
Mitro

jayffc

Quote from: PaulJ123 on July 25, 2021, 01:46:19 PM
Think he's a bench player really, useful to have as can play in a lot of positions but shouldn't starting for me.

Controversial but I'd prefer Cav playing LW. Inverted wingers will suit our fullbacks better.

I'd like to see:

Rodak
Tete Tosin Kongolo Robinson
Reed Zambo/Grimes
Wilson Carvalho Cav
Mitro

Another Vote for this line up

That said,as mentioned, I want a quality LW and CAM option brought in
Then a quality CF alternative to Mitro. Seems Muniz if the option up top we want. No signs of a move for a CAM though - perhaps Silva thinks Seri might stay and have a comeback season. The CM rumour suggests to me were likely to see Zambo/Reed out the door.

Deeping_white

Play him as a #10 behind Mitro which is where he got all of his goals for Bristol City. TC won't play 46 games so you can play him as an #8 when fit and switch it up with BDR closer to the centre forward in other games. He can play wide as well but I'd want him floating around the forwards because this season the impetus will be on us to break teams down as they're going to sit deep as much as possible

Cookie6262

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 25, 2021, 02:18:32 PM
Play him as a #10 behind Mitro which is where he got all of his goals for Bristol City. TC won't play 46 games so you can play him as an #8 when fit and switch it up with BDR closer to the centre forward in other games. He can play wide as well but I'd want him floating around the forwards because this season the impetus will be on us to break teams down as they're going to sit deep as much as possible

Exactly this  :plus one:

General

Quote from: Jimmy Hill on July 25, 2021, 01:20:37 PM
Was thinking about this

Gazzinga
      Tete.       Hector.     Toisn
Ried.       Reed.      Anguissa   Robinson

Wilson.    Mitro.        Cavliero

Swap out cavaleiro and put BDR there.

We're light in midfield in my opinion. Cairney isn't reliable these days due to injury, anguissa redeemed himself last season a bit but still has a tendency to go missing in games. Seri, well so far 3 or four managers have had him and hardly played him so that doesn't bode well. Johansen was the most combative and ready made for this league. Knockaert and cavaleiroblow hot and cold too often and lack finishing product (says a lot that Wilson goes straight into the lineup, although hopefully marcos and boa can get our wingers firing on all cylinders).. onomah needs to bulk up a bit in my opinion. Neeskens can do a job at this level, but I'm so used to him being a sub over a starter.

Goals from midfield was something we've missed recently so Wilson is a plus in that department and also from set pieces.

I'd be looking for another forward, CM with a bit of creativity and another winger if I had the choice.

Statto

With anguissa likely going, Reed unlikely to play 46 games, Grimes nothing more than a rumour, Onomah pretty average and Carvalho a mere prospect, I reckon there's plenty of space in our Central midfield as it stands and agree with Deeping that Reid is probably the best candidate for the advanced role there.

filham

We all have a lot of respect for Reid, he has skill , always gives us max. effort and almost has pace. However he  has a habit of regularly missing half chances and really cannot be used as a front man in a team looking for promotion. He can best serve us on the bench as an impact sub to be used where most needed, he can operate in a number of positions.

LC

Surprised by many of the comments on here. He was probably our most consistent player last year (excluding loanees) and scored a decent number of goals in the PL. BDR will start on the right or in a number 10 position. Wilson will start played the whole of last season as a number 10, so he'll either play there or on the right. Both BDR and Wilson must start.

filham

Quote from: LC on July 25, 2021, 04:27:49 PM
Surprised by many of the comments on here. He was probably our most consistent player last year (excluding loanees) and scored a decent number of goals in the PL. BDR will start on the right or in a number 10 position. Wilson will start played the whole of last season as a number 10, so he'll either play there or on the right. Both BDR and Wilson must start.
Sorry , but Ried did not score sufficient goals for a front three player and as I saw it he was second only to Cav. for missed chances. Our problem all season was the lack of punch up front and Reid and Cav. have to be the main culprits.

filham

I am thinking of :-
                                                         Rodac
                                       Tete      Tosin    Ream  Robinson
                                                              Reed
                                                     Anguissa     Cairney
                                             Wilson      Mitro     Carvalho

Last season's front three are stained with the terrible record of only nine goals scored at the Cottage and just have to be changed. 

LC

Quote from: filham on July 25, 2021, 05:07:54 PM
Quote from: LC on July 25, 2021, 04:27:49 PM
Sorry , but Ried did not score sufficient goals for a front three player and as I saw it he was second only to Cav. for missed chances. Our problem all season was the lack of punch up front and Reid and Cav. have to be the main culprits.

He played many different positions for us and was one of our better players. But yes we needed more firepower

MartyFFC

For me it's 50:50 between BDR and Cav for a place in the starting XI. Be good to have some healthy competition for places.....

filham

Quote from: MartyFFC on July 25, 2021, 05:28:41 PM
For me it's 50:50 between BDR and Cav for a place in the starting XI. Be good to have some healthy competition for places.....
I don't think the two of them together scored ten goals last season in spite of being regulars, they need to be replaced and relegated to the bench.

MartyFFC

I think BDR scored 7 which is far from impressive, however it has to be taken into context i.e. playing in a team that wasn't interested in moving the ball forwards. I definitely think BDR can bag 15 in the championship.....

Somerset Fulham

Didn't BDR also play as a wing back last season?

He's a good player, especially at this level and will be in the side.