watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Harry Wilson - a view from Cardiff

Started by jayffc, July 25, 2021, 01:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayffc

Interesting thread on his season with Cardiff, Plenty seem to accept he has talent, but underwhelmed - though many blame this on their system rather than the player himself.

https://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=221803

Lets hope Silva can revive this kids career in an attacking team now that he has a (potentially) permanent home.

bencher

Full marks for including a Jason Koumas reference in the article  064.gif

At his age and given what seems to have been a less than stellar season (and note the disparaging comment about his free kicks), I will try to stay optimistic, but I do wonder if we've just bought Liverpool's RLC. Let's hope Silva gets the best out of him.

Stevieboy

Interesting the comment re RLC and made me think if RLC could have provided even the modest output of Wilson, 4 goals and 11 assists, we may have still been in the Premier Keague.

JoelH5

Quote from: bencher on July 25, 2021, 07:45:12 PM

At his age and given what seems to have been a less than stellar season (and note the disparaging comment about his free kicks), I will try to stay optimistic, but I do wonder if we've just bought Liverpool's RLC. Let's hope Silva gets the best out of him.

Please don't compare anyone to RLC. The biggest waste of space to ever play for us in the PL under the Khans
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Bill2

Quote from: JoelH5 on July 26, 2021, 09:58:58 AM

Please don't compare anyone to RLC. The biggest waste of space to ever play for us in the PL under the Khans
I feel that all this criticism of RLC is a bit harsh. We (I) had great expectations and was seriously disappointed in his performance, is that his fault or the people who brought him in. If Wilson turns out the same surely it's  our scouting which is at fault not the player.

bencher

Quote from: Bill2 on July 26, 2021, 10:11:36 AM
Quote from: JoelH5 on July 26, 2021, 09:58:58 AM

I feel that all this criticism of RLC is a bit harsh. We (I) had great expectations and was seriously disappointed in his performance, is that his fault or the people who brought him in. If Wilson turns out the same surely it's  our scouting which is at fault not the player.

It's impossible to know what one cause leads to disappointing performance. It's more than likely a number of factors, and I would imagine coaching is a big one. With RLC (and I know this thread is not about him), the most frustrating part was that he actually got into lots of very good positions without end product. Poor shots, tame headers, an inaccurate final pass. He came with a big reputation. With Wilson, he has shown he can cut it at this level. He probably needs the right pattern of play to show his best stuff. I suspect at Cardiff his confidence was low because the team did not get the best out of him, and I think that applies to Cav, RLC and others in the last year or two. Fresh slate now with a new manager, let's see what happens.

I also think he is a player that thrives on quick counter-attacking football, not the tiki-taka that Parker tried to implement with non-Barca level players.