watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Today’s squad v Parker’s promo squad

Started by FulhamStu, July 26, 2021, 10:45:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

We have lost Betts, KMac and StefJo, none of these 3 were regular players.

As things stand today, we have gained:

Gazzaniga, Anguissa, Tosin, Kongolo, Tete, Wilson, Seri and Robinson.

At the moment, with our current squad we really should get promotion.

We will need to trim the numbers and I am sure Silva is working that out.  As long as can can survive FFP there really should be no excuses.  It may take a few weeks to get it all working coherently but player for player and coach for coach we are in much better shape.

St Eve

Seri and Anguissa will go. Th sharks are swimming around Tosin and Robinson and we will probably lose one. Will Kongola ever be fit?

General

Quote from: St Eve on July 26, 2021, 12:01:31 PM
Seri and Anguissa will go. Th sharks are swimming around Tosin and Robinson and we will probably lose one. Will Kongola ever be fit?

Someone is very down and in the dumps/ doom and gloom aren't we?

Tosin had a relegation release clause which other clubs could've triggered but didn't. Unless they've had an epiphany then they would've most likely done it before then when the asking price was defined and at a potential low compared to what we can ask without it being caveated, which we can now do.

Robinson has seemingly had interest if you believe the press all the time, but he played for Wigan, is playing alongside his national captain and in London for a team that has a high chance of competing to go back up. I don't see him as one who's likely to try and force a move and I don't think we're in a weak position and in need of selling. He's got years left on his contract and whilst I'm a critic of the khan's, they do have a habit of keeping players on the books that they want. They have the money that makes it more about what's best for the club rather than cashing out as soon as a decent offer comes in.

I think re seri and anguissa you may be wrong - both have played seasons away from the club and anguissa did particularly well when at villareal, aside from that and despite a fair few managers coming in, neither of them have set the Premier league alight or even got consistent game time. I think they both have a lot more to offer still but they've not seemed that committed to the club or cause since joining.. I honestly am not sure they have many better options these days. Seri in particular. They're currently expensive flops. The club won't sell them to haemorrhage them as assets and write off their value, which would be significant.

If they stay, under marco who I have read is a fan of the two of them, they may get more regular game time, boost their confidence again and help us get promoted, plus this time they've finally made stronger relationships with the squad so it's perhaps less of a barrier.

Kongolos fitness is an issue. I've not seen him in any training photos etc yet in preseason or in any lineups.  Don't know why we signed him with that being the case when we did. Clearly talented and would be a great addition but is an injury case, something that has proven to be an issue under the khan's (most notably cairney, mawson and kongolo).