News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham related - remember that crypto chat in here...

Started by jayffc, July 27, 2021, 10:33:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayffc

https://worldmobile.io/blog/post/fulham-fc-partnership/?s=09

Fulham partner with blockchain company World Mobile ( a huge part of Cardanos project)

I remember the crypto naysayers in here a while back, wonder if they've looked into it any more since then

Regardless. As a cardano holder and fulham fan I'm chuffed to bits with this. World Mobile are doing some wonderful work in Africa at the moment.

Crypto is coming ya'll.

Statto

Crypto is coming. To replace notes and coins. But it will still be crypto pounds and crypto dollars. Bitcoin etc most certainly ain't coming. Tanked since our discussion on here, and the world has been further alerted to climate change and the need to cut carbon emissions, which with Bitcoin and the other decentralised crypto currencies just ain't compatible. My only hope is that poor blingo wasn't too exposed.

Craven Mad

I don't object to crypto in principle but I have huge concerns about the environmental impact of them...

Woolly Mammoth

I remember when you could buy a horse and cart for two sheep and a goat.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

70sPimlico

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 27, 2021, 02:15:57 PM
I don't object to crypto in principle but I have huge concerns about the environmental impact of them...
I've been very committed to IOTA for many years. It's a great project. I think the last report said the energy for 1 x BTC transaction was the same as 5.6 million IOTA transactions and it was far better than MasterCard & visa etc. Check out the IOTA foundation if you are that way inclined

H4usuallysitting

I'd like to see someone try & pay a fare like that in my cab....crypto.... I'll give you *#@&+#@* crypto

General

I'll bite. I invested relatively small sums but still a decent amount in crypto this year from January and since then have seen it double. It went down again, but since January I've been in profit during the whole period apart from for about 1 and a half to 2 weeks max.

The environmental impacts and questions aren't negligible but in many ways they are as a lot is being done to address those concerns and bitcoin is one of thousands of crypto, some of which are useless and have no purpose, but some of which have far better environmental footprints and much much smaller considering what they're trying to implement.

Crypto is here to stay and will, alongside cartography, block chain, defi change how this world works.

You can also pay for things now with crypto. I've seen people pay for things with it and use crypto atms to convert into fiat. Now I know the naysayers will say "ahh yes but they're still using fiat".. you're missing the point. This is the beginning of a process (in relative terms). Its a matter of time before other mainstream crypto start being used in a similar manner to fiat.

For what its worth, whilst I appreciate everyone has an opinion on crypto there seem to be a lot of speculative opinions on here not really formed by much.

blingo

Quote from: Statto on July 27, 2021, 01:59:44 PM
Crypto is coming. To replace notes and coins. But it will still be crypto pounds and crypto dollars. Bitcoin etc most certainly ain't coming. Tanked since our discussion on here, and the world has been further alerted to climate change and the need to cut carbon emissions, which with Bitcoin and the other decentralised crypto currencies just ain't compatible. My only hope is that poor blingo wasn't too exposed.

Blingo is miles in front Mr Statto. Bought eth at £86 and bitcoin from 6600 to 30000 dollars. I recouped my investment long ago and am sitting on a lot of both running on free money. I hold eight different crypto on much smaller scales. Five are down about 40pc but it's sweet money. Taken a 10k punt on xrp either reaching settlement or beating the sec. Blingo is not as silly as he is on here.

Bc will hit 100k and eth 10k

SP

The Bitcoin machine that was in the entrance of the Whitgift Centre Croydon has gone, I wonder if they sold many?

blingo

The crypto atms are being installed at a rate of 53 per day in the USA. Crypto is here to stay whether you believe in it or not. A lot of companies will go to the wall, just like in the dot com boom. Look at crypto like Google was in its infancy. However do NOT invest money you can't afford to lose, and yes it is VERY volatile.

General

Statto

Quote from: blingo on July 27, 2021, 10:03:36 PM
The crypto atms are being installed at a rate of 53 per day in the USA.

Lol, being installed by Crypto companies so mugs like you can turn your cash into bitcoin then pay them commission to trade it with each other on their platform. Comparing it to the dotcom bubble is a bit of a stretch - there were actually some proper businesses in some of those companies. Nothing of any substance underlying Bitcoin - it's essentially a ponzi scheme.

Willham

Quote from: Statto on July 27, 2021, 11:47:00 PM

Lol, being installed by Crypto companies so mugs like you can turn your cash into bitcoin then pay them commission to trade it with each other on their platform. Comparing it to the dotcom bubble is a bit of a stretch - there were actually some proper businesses in some of those companies. Nothing of any substance underlying Bitcoin - it's essentially a ponzi scheme.

Nothing of substance yet it's a currency? A national currency of el Salvador and when you pay tax on everything you ever buy doesnt that make pound sterling and every other form of currency a gonzo scheme too then?

Statto

Quote from: Willham on July 27, 2021, 11:51:45 PM

Nothing of substance yet it's a currency? A national currency of el Salvador and when you pay tax on everything you ever buy doesnt that make pound sterling and every other form of currency a gonzo scheme too then?

It might if they weren't backed by the state

blingo

You can be a sceptic Mr S and of course it's your choice, but if we all thought that way we would still be at the beginning of the Industrial Revolution. Have you really studied what crypto can do now and the massive future it has?
It is exactly like the dot com boom, there are some crypto companies doing sterling work creating the future of money, but, exactly like the dot com boom, there are thousands of new companies jumping on the bandwagon that will pop. I take it you are in banking?

cmg

Quote from: blingo on July 28, 2021, 09:37:34 AM
.....there are some crypto companies doing sterling work creating the future of money,

Luvvit!

I actually had a blockchain myself the other day. Fortunately I was able to get hold of a plumber who fixed it before it became too fungible.

blingo

Quote from: cmg on July 28, 2021, 10:20:30 AM
.....there are some crypto companies doing sterling work creating the future of money,

Luvvit!

I actually had a blockchain myself the other day. Fortunately I was able to get hold of a plumber who fixed it before it became too fungible.

:dft012: :dft012: :dft012: :dft012: :54: :54:

Ged

Quote from: jayffc on July 27, 2021, 10:33:31 AM
https://worldmobile.io/blog/post/fulham-fc-partnership/?s=09

Fulham partner with blockchain company World Mobile ( a huge part of Cardanos project)

I remember the crypto naysayers in here a while back, wonder if they've looked into it any more since then

Regardless. As a cardano holder and fulham fan I'm chuffed to bits with this. World Mobile are doing some wonderful work in Africa at the moment.

Crypto is coming ya'll.
Im into crypto and especially Cardano so over the moon with this news . Why keep your money in a Bank when The national average interest rate for savings accounts is 0.06 percent with inflation running at 2.5% so your loosing over 2.4% of your money every year. Cardano is up 841% on this day last year

jayffc

Quote from: Statto on July 27, 2021, 01:59:44 PM

Sadly Statto I think you are in for a rude awakening when you look into the adoption.

Digital currencies will not replace crypto. They serve different purposes and I would advise perhaps your lack of research on this is showing.

If you know anything about crypto you know it fluctuates thats no suprise...its dipped like this before...and it returns to all time highs time and time again over the last 10years...at the moment we are very early still but mainstream adoption is already on the doorstep. Major banks are setting up crypto exchanges as we speak, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan all bought in already and setting up ETF's... etc etc

Dont concern yourself with short term price action,zoom out and see the trajectory of crypto...Since we spoke...5million students were signed up in Ethiopia to use the Cardano blockchain tech (atala prism) which is a digital identity database... the EU also in talks with them regarding digital covid passports etc other deals already well under way in various other african countries and others outside of Africa following suite...also since we spoke the first country has adopted bitcoin as legal currency and other Latin america countries are also following their lead.

Businesses are already looking to become tokenised, facebook has announced its intention to become a "metaverse" company rather than just a social platform

Sorry bud but theres alot to catch up on.
I suggest a deep dive to understand all that's going on fully....the things you are saying regarding it being economical are the standard tropes that have been debunked a million times... there is a world of crypto beyond bitcoin that is 1000x times more economical and that said...the amount of energy burned by the current banking system and all that goes into running it is actuall way worse.

There is tons of info out there on this.if youd like some places to start I'd be happy to send some easy accessible references

jayffc

You can be a sceptic Mr S and of course it's your choice, but if we all thought that way we would still be at the beginning of the Industrial Revolution. Have you really studied what crypto can do now and the massive future it has?
It is exactly like the dot com boom, there are some crypto companies doing sterling work creating the future of money, but, exactly like the dot com boom, there are thousands of new companies jumping on the bandwagon that will pop. I take it you are in banking?

The fact that your knowledge of crypto goes as far as bitcoin is a ponzi...shows there is ALOT to learn.

Btc is an agreed store of value in the same way that people one day went...oi mate this bit of rock is worth 2 o them cows ok and people went...f off what a load of balls....years later...Gold became the store of value. (Yes I know its digital,just numbers and tech blah but this is the way of the world now!)

As I say cryptos have evolved and there is a whole world of uses cases beyond a store of value.

Start with watching the Cardano Africa special on youtube perhaps...might be a good realisation that real world inplimention is here...the 5mil students onboarded to the network is a trial run essential...if it goes smoothly there are already plans to roll their blockchain tech out into various other sectors.