https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

kit released

Started by LVBPTS, July 28, 2021, 10:02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craven Mad

Quote from: Twig on July 28, 2021, 01:55:25 PM
Quote from: Craven Mad on July 28, 2021, 11:14:40 AM
I'm just pleased that we're not sponsored by betting sites!

Don't mind the kit, but I prefer kits that are either: i) v minimal/monochrome, or ii) totally bonkers 90s styling. This sort of doesn't fit either of those briefs for me, but at least we're not taking money from the gambling leeches.

We are being sponsored by a betting company. The shirt has the Spreadex logo prominently displayed!

I've just looked at the pics again and can't see Spreadex anywhere - where abouts on the shirt is their logo?

Riversider

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 28, 2021, 02:15:05 PM
Quote from: Twig on July 28, 2021, 01:55:25 PM
Quote from: Craven Mad on July 28, 2021, 11:14:40 AM
I'm just pleased that we're not sponsored by betting sites!

Don't mind the kit, but I prefer kits that are either: i) v minimal/monochrome, or ii) totally bonkers 90s styling. This sort of doesn't fit either of those briefs for me, but at least we're not taking money from the gambling leeches.

We are being sponsored by a betting company. The shirt has the Spreadex logo prominently displayed!

I've just looked at the pics again and can't see Spreadex anywhere - where abouts on the shirt is their logo?

It's on the back

The Rock

Brilliant piece of work and very shrewd of the Khan's!

The colour scheme of the home kit is so revolting that anyone visiting the cottage will surely have their eyes pierced into near blindness by the awful logo. It will be nearly impossible for teams to play against us.

Fact.

MartyFFC

Absolutely no way would such an affront to fashion have been selected on Parker's watch. He wouldn't have allowed it

HV71

The away kit looks sharp and tidy . The home kit looks the complete opposite- it's a mess. A missed opportunity as far as I am concerned.....look at the Leeds kit ( which is also by adidas) we could have gone for a plain white with the adidas stripes in black - the sponsor's logo would then have looked much better.

https://www.footballshirtculture.com/images/2021/leeds_united_2021_2022_home_shirt.jpg

west kowloon white

Shame this site is becoming so woke It's a football shirt and a lot of people like a little flutter now and again.Granted a few also can't control their addiction.

Craven Mad

Quote from: west kowloon white on July 28, 2021, 03:36:42 PM
Shame this site is becoming so woke It's a football shirt and a lot of people like a little flutter now and again.Granted a few also can't control their addiction.

Being anti-gambling isn't 'woke' - it's a personal preference and no one is making you agree...

MartyFFC

Gambling is pretty much the same thing as insurance, ultimately you're giving someone money with the understanding of receiving more back in return in the event of something specific happening. Fine margins between being something responsible and a moral abomination

David Allen Crankshaw

I just can't understand why we need a striped shirt. It looks awful.

WhiteJC

I would imagine its meant to look like one of our previous kits, probably the 83-84 Oscar version or 87-90, 94-96 or the 2012-13 Kappa version?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: David Allen Crankshaw on July 28, 2021, 03:59:34 PM
I just can't understand why we need a striped shirt. It looks awful.

To put us behind bars.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Quote from: west kowloon white on July 28, 2021, 03:36:42 PM

"A few"? You do know how widespread gambling addiction is do you.  Anyhow I'm absolutely not anti gambling, I simply want to see the advertising properly controlled to protect kids and the vulnerable. Nothing "woke" about that I hope.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: MartyFFC on July 28, 2021, 03:59:13 PM
Gambling is pretty much the same thing as insurance, ultimately you're giving someone money with the understanding of receiving more back in return in the event of something specific happening. Fine margins between being something responsible and a moral abomination

The last time I put money on a horse, the wind blew it off.

Never forget your Roots.

Whitestone

It's the worst kit release since the Pizza Hut kit. The pinstripes combined with the sponsors logo just don't go together well. I seriously question those responsible for choosing this particular Adidas version and the re-release of the Pizza Hut kit. What were they thinking ? Think some fan input should be considered in future.

Woolly Mammoth

Yes the Pizza Hut debacle gave me sleepless nights, and now we are back to the scene of the crime. The people responsible should be investigated, brought to justice and sued for defamation, it's as though they went out their way to design the worst shirt possible.

Never forget your Roots.

WindyCity

Not good!  It is what it is.  I guess you take the sponsors wherever you can get them, but that big W front facing is not to my taste.  Oh well, let's just try to get promoted this year!

love4ffc

Not a fan of the Pinstripe.  Agree with Fernhurst that it looks like a baseball jersey.  Also pleased like others that the front sponsor is not a gambling site.  In the end as others have said it is what is.  Which is a kit that I won't be buying. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

cottage expat

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on July 28, 2021, 10:45:00 AM
Quote from: SG on July 28, 2021, 10:21:42 AM
Its a modern football shirt - don't really care as never going to buy it. Sponsors pay a lot of money so there is always going to be a prominent logo. Its what those who are playing in it do that matters to me.

All of this.

It's utterly unimportant how it looks, unless we are entering a team on to Project Runway or something.

Agree. Who knew we had such a proliferation of fashion critics on this board (-:

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: WindyCity on July 28, 2021, 04:45:59 PM
Not good!  It is what it is.  I guess you take the sponsors wherever you can get them, but that big W front facing is not to my taste.  Oh well, let's just try to get promoted this year!

Not in that shirt, we will be denied entry.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: cottage expat on July 28, 2021, 05:47:52 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on July 28, 2021, 10:45:00 AM
Quote from: SG on July 28, 2021, 10:21:42 AM
Its a modern football shirt - don't really care as never going to buy it. Sponsors pay a lot of money so there is always going to be a prominent logo. Its what those who are playing in it do that matters to me.

All of this.

It's utterly unimportant how it looks, unless we are entering a team on to Project Runway or something.

Agree. Who knew we had such a proliferation of fashion critics on this board (-:

The art of selling is display.

Never forget your Roots.