watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Joachim Andersen to Palace?

Started by WindyCity, July 28, 2021, 06:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindyCity

Hadn't seen anything about this here.  Unconfirmed report.  Maybe old news?  If true, Palace did well indeed.

Andy S

I wish him well but towards the end of the season he appeared a little slow.this is ok as long as you have some quick players around you but he does need to get to know them. Each season is different so it will be interesting to see how he does

WindyCity

Quote from: Andy S on July 28, 2021, 06:40:22 PM
I wish him well but towards the end of the season he appeared a little slow.this is ok as long as you have some quick players around you but he does need to get to know them. Each season is different so it will be inter3sting to see how he does

No big deal, but a bit surprised to see the mild critique of this player.  JA had been lauded all season long on this board as one of the best FFC defenders we've had in a long time......

Pluto

I wish him well but towards the end of the season he appeared a little slow.this is ok as long as you have some quick players around you but he does need to get to know them. Each season is different so it will be inter3sting to see how he does

Probably tired from carrying the entire team all season and/or demotivated at having being relegated in such a pathetic fashion because of Parker's poor tactics.

PaulJ123

He was ok. People got carried away because he was an improvement on Odoi and Ream.

Very slow on the turn but can pick out a pass. Think mid to bottom of the table is his level.

Genuinely believe Tosin is the better player.

RaySmith

grandad

When Palace get relegated we can get him back on the cheap. He would have had a season in the PL which will help when we pass Palace on the way up.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Deeping_white

He's good but will be better suited to a team that sits deep because he's one of the slowest CB's I think I've seen in a Fulham shirt

Whitestone

Things would have much worse last season without Andersen. The best CB since the halcyon days of Hangeland and Hughes.  I dread the thought of seeing Ream on a regular basis next season.

MartyFFC

Poor fella has another relegation dogfight to look forward to

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: WindyCity on July 28, 2021, 06:44:00 PM

No big deal, but a bit surprised to see the mild critique of this player.  JA had been lauded all season long on this board as one of the best FFC defenders we've had in a long time......

He probably lost interest when he knew we weren't going to survive. Although lauded my many Fulham fans I think many top teams saw his limitations, therefore I think Palace is the best he can expect.
I'm sure many FFC fans will be watching his progress.

Bassey the warrior

Confirmed he's signed. Great signing for them.

Unsurprising to see the typical revisionist posts, now he's left he's somehow a perceived to be inferior to when he was here.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on July 28, 2021, 08:19:23 PM
Confirmed he's signed. Great signing for them.

Unsurprising to see the typical revisionist posts, now he's left he's somehow a perceived to be inferior to when he was here.

Ok I'll bite because I'm assuming I'm part of the revisionism since I called him slow? You can't really deny that his pace was an issue, there were several instances of him getting turned and not being able to recover because he's slow, and in the PL that's an issue because 80% of wingers are rapid and in a team that sits higher up the pitch, he's going to be exposed for a lack of pace which is probably why he's going to a more defensive Palace team rather than expansive Spurs who wanted him before Palace initially

Matt10

I understand the argument about pace, but if CBs are being judged on that, then there are deeper-lying (no pun intended) issues within the manager's system. Considering Nuno had Coady, Saiss and Boly at Center-back, I'd say it was more about anticipation and angles to defend. Joa's a spring chicken compared to them, and I can't help but wonder why Spurs didn't sign him.

In addition, I cannot recall many times where Joa was forced to be on a dead sprint last year, other than maybe Newcastle away, where it kept pace and [didn't] foul Wilson. My only negative was when he'd lose his man in the box, but that looked to be more confusion/repetition with him and Tosin.

Also, while I'm not a believer in labelling people, the revisionist concept is interesting. It does seem quite common that when players leave us, we either say good riddance or good luck - but in Joa's case it's like we're saying good luck, but tongue-in-cheek. I just think that's disrespectful to the player and what he tried to do with us. He's an exceptional talent, which was well identified, and I'm definitely upset he's not with our club.

SP

Great signing for the Palace, very unlikely they'll struggle this season IMO.

WORTHINGFULHAM

Lookman joining him very soon so i am told

SP

Quote from: WORTHINGFULHAM on July 28, 2021, 09:06:40 PM
Lookman joining him very soon so i am told

And we were told Palace were after RLC again, they're far too shrewd.

The Rational Fan

Anderson is very slow, but in every other aspect of the game you have a truly world class defender. I am really surprised that Spurs didn't snap him up, I doubt they can get anyone better and Anderson would fit in well with three quick defenders around him. If Crystal Palace sign him, then I think they will avoid relegation and promoted clubs might all yo-yo.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Whitestone on July 28, 2021, 07:48:26 PM
Things would have much worse last season without Andersen. The best CB since the halcyon days of Hangeland and Hughes.  I dread the thought of seeing Ream on a regular basis next season.

I agree, I hope we have enough defenders to ensure I never see Ream play a third game in a week ever again. No point getting a new striker and if Ream features too much.

RaySmith

CB's tend to be tall and  strong, which is what you want, but therefore probably not that fast, which they generally don't need to be anyway, since they are usually facing the play, and it's a lot about anticipation, and reading the game for them.

Times when  Andersen, and Tosin were caught out , were usually  towards the end of games,  when we were desperately  chasing a game, and they were exposed to fast breaks, and v City in the second half, when anyone might be caught out.

But Andersen was immense for us last season, and we'll certainly miss him, and his partnership with Tosin, even in the Champ.

He'd do well for Palace, and be a good signing for them, I think.