watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

One week from the start of the season

Started by Andy S, July 29, 2021, 02:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Apart from the sea air Would you prefer silva position or Parker's?

I would prefer Silva's position while parker must already have doubts about Parkerball and whether he has the staff to make it work

Somerset Fulham

Honestly, and not being rude, but I don't care.

Lambo

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on July 29, 2021, 03:46:01 PM

:plus one: lets just focus on FFC

filham

Quote from: Lambo on July 29, 2021, 03:48:18 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on July 29, 2021, 03:46:01 PM

:plus one: lets just focus on FFC
Yes lets focus on FFC and I would think Silva must be worried as to whether or not Mitro , Robinson, Tosin Reed and Anguissa will still be with us when the window closes. I wonder if Parker has similar concerns.

bobbo

And still no word on our season tickets or access to away matches.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

JimmyConway

Why would Parker have doubts? Looks a decent squad if no one leaves.

General

I think we've a better squad and I already like silvas demeanour and approach more than parkers. That said this is a results business. Whilst I think Parker is one dimensional he did get us up. That said he had a much better squad even then than I think Bournemouth have now so it'll be interesting to see how everything comes together and it definitely adds added spice to the fixtures between us and also the top of the table, where unless things go catastrophically wrong I imagine we'll both be competing at.

KJS

What is this Parker infatuation some seem to have?? He was not a good manager his tactics were awful and he has gone just let it rest please🙄

MartyFFC

I reckon Parker will do well down there. The average Bournemouth fan must be at least 75, and so will undoubtedly appreciate being able to take a nap during the game without missing any action

Statto

Not sure why anyone who mentions Parker now gets dug out by a few posters on here. At the end of the day football is just a game, and it's fundamentally about getting one over on other teams, especially your mates' teams and those you dislike. For us that's Brentford, Derby etc and for this season, given the manner of Parker's departure, of course it's going to be Bournemouth too. If you won't get any satisfaction from beating them and singing "one greedy bastard" etc then football probably isn't for you. I will bloody love it.

SP

Having lived in shorts for the last 18 months, with one week to go, I'm more concerned about fitting into my trousers.

Fernhurst

"Not sure why anyone who mentions Parker now gets dug out by a few posters on here"

Yes, he is just another opposing manager much like "Colin" and should be treated as such.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

The Rock

I'd say we are in a MUCH better position than we were last year at this time. We get Muniz and one other, maybe lose one player of significance, and that's it.

Last year it took until the 6th match to get all our players, and about 10 matches until they started gelling. I do think if we were better prepared the players might have fought more when the going got tough.

Woolly Mammoth

I don't particularly agree with Scott Parker getting Dug Out, for two reasons.
The first reason i do not like to see him Dug Out is that he has left, let it go, your only beating yourselves up about it and for what. Far more important other issues to concern ourselves with that will effect Fulhams season and how we cope once the season commences.
The second reason I do not like to see him Dug Out is because he will be sitting in a Dugout at every match or at least standing in front of the Dugout.
When he returns to the Cottage is it necessary to see him Dug Out in the Dugout.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

70sPimlico

Quote from: The Rock on July 29, 2021, 08:48:57 PM
I'd say we are in a MUCH better position than we were last year at this time. We get Muniz and one other, maybe lose one player of significance, and that's it.

Last year it took until the 6th match to get all our players, and about 10 matches until they started gelling. I do think if we were better prepared the players might have fought more when the going got tough.

Absolutely correct. But it took mismanagement of the highest order to quickly turn the new team from really promising to really poor in the space of 3 months. If you took the last 3rd of the season and spread it over a whole season, we would have 15 points & 15 goals. He deserves some credit for that absolute shambles