https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff - 30/07/21...

Started by WhiteJC, July 30, 2021, 12:06:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

Quote from: General on July 30, 2021, 06:16:52 AM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on July 30, 2021, 12:38:23 AM
Has anybody ever actually spoken to one of these Wales/Birmingham/Anyothertown that ends 'online' outlets?

Because every single one of the articles that I have ever read by one of these 'online' shitrags are written by 10 year olds spamming their lack of ability over local Facebook pages for likes and clicks.

Granted this may be different in different regions but I would be very surprised if that was the case.

Yeah there's a lot of copy and paste attempts at journalism out there. I'd be fascinated to know who or what's behind them as I imagine they're just content mules to get advertising revenue. They're not very good are they/they aren't good.
Whitejc does a great job bringing all these articles together. However I rarely read them fully as most of them are just copy & paste. Most of them are not real journalists.
Where there's a will there's a wife

WhiteJC

Exclusive: EFL insider says Dwight Gayle could be the proven goalscorer Fulham need

The Transfer Tavern's EFL spy reckons that Dwight Gayle could score the goals that were missing for Fulham last season.

Whilst former manager Scott Parker showed the Cottagers up defensively, they managed just 27 goals in the Premier League last season, with only rock-bottom Sheffield United scoring fewer.

Talisman Aleksandar Mitrovic failed to hit the heights of the previous campaign, scoring just three in the league, whilst top goalscorer Bobby Decordova-Reid ended with just five.

And if Fulham are to achieve promotion at the first time of asking once again, they're going to need someone to step up to the plate and fire them back into the big time.

That someone could be Dwight Gayle, who only signed fresh terms with Newcastle earlier this month, but the Northern Echo believe that was to protect his value.

Gayle scored just once in the Premier League last season, but is proven at Championship level, netting 23 times in each of his previous two campaigns at this level, to go with the 13 he managed at Peterborough prior to signing for Crystal Palace – a total of 59.

The EFL insider exclusively told The Transfer Tavern:
"I'm expecting some big hitters with the money that Fulham have available. I am expecting a big push and a lot of the players will come from abroad and will probably be full internationals.

"Dwight Gayle of Newcastle has scored goals in the Championship and the Premier League, and could give Fulham something they missed last season being an out and out goalscorer."

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/fulham-fc-news/exclusive-efl-insider-says-dwight-gayle-could-be-the-proven-goalscorer-fulham-need-e185/

WhiteJC

Fulham set to beat Middlesbrough to signing of Flamengo's Rodrigo Muniz

Fulham are closing in on the capture of Flamengo striker Rodrigo Muniz, according to reports from overseas.

Muniz, 20, has been closely linked with a move to Fulham this summer.

The Brazilian youngster has shone in his homeland for Flamengo, scoring a total of eight goals in 22 league games for his side during the 2021 campaign.

Now though, reports from O Dia (via HammyEnd) claim that Fulham chief Alistair Mackintosh has been in touch with Flamengo regarding the potential purchase of Muniz, with the Whites set to pay two loads of £3.4million – one up front and the other as a 'second instalment'.

Flamengo are also reported to have a 20% sell-on fee in the deal, with a five-year contract on the cards for the striker.

Silva lining
Fulham boss Marco Silva is quickly putting together an impressive summer haul at Craven Cottage.

He's managed to bring in Harry Wilson and Paulo Gazzaniga so far. Muniz is expected to join too and HammyEnd have reported how Silva is the main pulling factor in getting Muniz to join Fulham after he was also linked with a move to Middlesbrough.

The former Watford, Hull City and Everton boss is certainly a respected name in the game and that shows, after Wilson opted to join from Liverpool and Gazzaniga also after his release from Spurs.

Warnock's striker search
At the other end of the country, Middlesbrough boss Neil Warnock will no doubt be casting his eyes over other striker targets as his search for goals goes on.

His side let both Ashley Fletcher and Britt Assombalonga leave last season and he's since brought in Uche Ikpeazu from Wycombe Wanderers, though he alone won't give Boro the goals they need to compete in the top-six next time round.

Muniz would've been a really keen signing for the club but Fulham, given Silva and the obvious attraction of London, always seemed to be the more attractive destination and for Muniz, it's a hugely exciting move at such a young age.

https://the72.co.uk/243376/fulham-set-to-beat-middlesbrough-to-signing-of-flamengos-rodrigo-muniz/

WhiteJC

Striker has told Marco Silva he wants to join Fulham – Agents reject offer from Middlesbrough

On Thursday, we already had a couple of stories with the deails of Fulham's bid for Flamengo striker Rodrigo Muniz. The latest information on the saga had come from O Dia journalist Venê Casagrande, who claimed that the Whites are putting on the table a total amount of €8m for the signing.

The reporter first published the information on the outlet, and later, featured on his Youtube channel a video with a lot more details on the pursuit.

Besides all the news regarding the talks between the clubs, there's now some insight about how Rodrigo Muniz received Fulham's approach and his response to it.

Venê Casagrande explains that manager Marco Silva first got in touch with the player's representatives, and then asked if he could speak to the striker himself. The agents accepted it and the two had a conversation on the phone.

Even though Muniz has other offers from the likes of Al Nasr and Middlesbrough, it's said that after the conversation with Silva, he became convinced that the best thing for his career would be the move to Fulham.

In that chat, it's claimed that the player even asked Silva if he'd make his debut against Middlesbrough, since that's their second fixture in the Championship season, and said he wants to be at the club as soon as possible.

Boro's bid is better for Flamengo, since they offer €5m for only 50% of the player's rights. However, Muniz's representatives have already told the Brazilian club that they're not taking that offer, as they want the move to Fulham.

Venê Casagrande says it's a matter of time until a transfer is done, and right now, it looks like it's Fulham who'll win the race.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/striker-told-marco-silva-wants-join-fulham-agents-say-middlesbrough-offer-will-not-accepted/

WhiteJC

Crystal Palace have added proven Premier League quality with £15m deal for Joachim Andersen

Joachim Andersen became Crystal Palace's most high-profile signing of the summer transfer window on Wednesday evening.

The 25-year-old centre-back, whose form on loan for Fulham last season had seen him linked with Tottenham, West Ham and Manchester United, could end up costing a touch under £20million.

And while other outfield signings like Marc Guehi and Michael Olise offer exciting potential, having sparkled in the Championship, Danish international Andersen has already shown his quality at Premier League level.

There weren't many players who could walk away from Fulham's relegation from the top flight and be able to claim that their stock had risen, but that certainly applied to the Lyon defender.

And once Andersen was over ankle ligament damage he played every minute for the Whites in the league from the start of November – barring a dismissal at Newcastle which was later overturned – until the penultimate fixture of the season at Manchester United.

It was a measure of his stature that in his fourth game for Fulham, a 2-1 win at Leicester City, he was handed the captaincy.

Andersen added class and composure to Scott Parker's backline.

The indications are that new Palace boss Patrick Vieira wants to play out from the back and that will become a whole lot smoother to execute after the Eagles' made their fourth acquisition of what is looking an impressive rebuilding job.

Andersen was the best outlet for Fulham in terms of sparking attacks from deep, regularly spraying a diagonal pass from right to left and releasing Ademola Lookman.

The thought of the Danish international producing the same kind of perceptive pick outs to get Wilfried Zaha or Eberechi Eze motoring should be a salivating proposition for supporters.

Andersen's season only finished on July 7 after his country were knocked out of the European Championships by England.

He came on in the defeat to the Three Lions and also had late substitute appearances against the Czech Republic and Wales.

While Palace did not announce the fee, Lyon seemed to have no such reluctance on their official website – claiming it is just under £15m with further incentives of £2.1m and a 12.5 per cent sell on.

Fulham paid £1m last season with an option to buy.

But as soon as their hopes of retaining top-flight status were over, so too was any notion of keeping Andersen or PSG goalkeeper Alphonse Areola.

"The management of the club and Patrick Vieira have given me very strong assurance that they know my qualities, they believe in me and want me to play an important role in the team," said Andersen, who also made 39 appearances in Serie A for Sampdoria.

"I have a very positive impression of Patrick from the conversations I have had with him, and I have heard nothing but great things about the manager, the club and its plans for the future."

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/crystal-palace-have-added-proven-premier-league-quality-with-15m-deal-for-joachim-andersen/

WhiteJC

Details emerge over offer Middlesbrough made for key target as Fulham set to beat them to imminent transfer move 

Middlesbrough came in with an offer worth around 5 million euros (£4.3 million) for Flamengo forward Rodrigo Muniz this summer, but are set to lose out on him to Fulham with an imminent arrival expected, according to O Dia.

Neil Warnock's side have been on the hunt for further additions in the final third this summer after already securing the services of Uche Ikpeazu.

It has been reported that Boro have been assessing the South American market as well as the domestic one as they aim to find the right options to bolster their squad.

There have been consistent reports that Middlesbrough have been rivalling Fulham in holding an interest in Muniz this summer. The latest report from O Dia reveals that Warnock's side went as far as making a £4.3 million offer to Flamengo for the 20-year-old.

However, the same report outlines that Fulham after initially wanting to agree a loan-to-buy deal for the forward have now come in with an offer of around €4 million (£3.4 million) that includes a further €4 million to be paid later on.

Muniz is believed to have preferred a move to Fulham ahead of Middlesbrough and it is now thought that he is ready to sign a five-year deal with them which will be announced imminently.

The verdict

This is a real blow for Middlesbrough and Warnock's side will be frustrated that Muniz has opted to make the switch to Fulham despite Boro having done all they can to get a deal for him over the line.

The 20-year-old could have been a real injection of talent into the squad, but they now need to move onto other potential targets upfront.

It is interesting to see the level of transfer fee that Boro were prepared to go to win the race for the forward's signature this summer. That shows perhaps that money is available to Warnock and perhaps more than was anticipated.

If that is the case then Middlesbrough should be able to recover from this setback and bring in another quality option in the final third.

For Fulham, this is a major statement of intent and it shows that they are ready to back Marco Silva to secure moves for the players he wants to add to the squad.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/details-emerge-over-offer-middlesbrough-made-for-key-target-as-fulham-set-to-beat-them-to-imminent-transfer-move/

filham

So important that we get a new quality midfielder , if the Grimes deal falls through lets hope we have other options.
From last season we could well lose Lemina,(already gone ), Anguissa,( likely late move to premier club), Cairney(injury),
Stefjo(settled at QPR) which leaves us with Onamah and Reed and I would think that some  other teams could well have their eyes on Reed.

blingo

Quote from: grandad on July 30, 2021, 09:20:32 AM
Quote from: General on July 30, 2021, 06:16:52 AM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on July 30, 2021, 12:38:23 AM
Has anybody ever actually spoken to one of these Wales/Birmingham/Anyothertown that ends 'online' outlets?

Because every single one of the articles that I have ever read by one of these 'online' shitrags are written by 10 year olds spamming their lack of ability over local Facebook pages for likes and clicks.

Granted this may be different in different regions but I would be very surprised if that was the case.

Yeah there's a lot of copy and paste attempts at journalism out there. I'd be fascinated to know who or what's behind them as I imagine they're just content mules to get advertising revenue. They're not very good are they/they aren't good.
Whitejc does a great job bringing all these articles together. However I rarely read them fully as most of them are just copy & paste. Most of them are not real journalists.

Feel free to try and do better.

bigalffc

Quote from: whitejc on July 30, 2021, 09:23:03 AM
Exclusive: EFL insider says Dwight Gayle could be the proven goalscorer Fulham need

The Transfer Tavern's EFL spy reckons that Dwight Gayle could score the goals that were missing for Fulham last season.

Whilst former manager Scott Parker showed the Cottagers up defensively, they managed just 27 goals in the Premier League last season, with only rock-bottom Sheffield United scoring fewer.

Talisman Aleksandar Mitrovic failed to hit the heights of the previous campaign, scoring just three in the league, whilst top goalscorer Bobby Decordova-Reid ended with just five.

And if Fulham are to achieve promotion at the first time of asking once again, they're going to need someone to step up to the plate and fire them back into the big time.

That someone could be Dwight Gayle, who only signed fresh terms with Newcastle earlier this month, but the Northern Echo believe that was to protect his value.

Gayle scored just once in the Premier League last season, but is proven at Championship level, netting 23 times in each of his previous two campaigns at this level, to go with the 13 he managed at Peterborough prior to signing for Crystal Palace – a total of 59.

"I'm expecting some big hitters with the money that Fulham have available. I am expecting a big push and a lot of the players will come from abroad and will probably be full internationals.

"Dwight Gayle of Newcastle has scored goals in the Championship and the Premier League, and could give Fulham something they missed last season being an out and out goalscorer."

Oh no not this old chestnut again please!

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/fulham-fc-news/exclusive-efl-insider-says-dwight-gayle-could-be-the-proven-goalscorer-fulham-need-e185/
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

bencher

Quote from: bigalffc on July 30, 2021, 12:47:18 PM
Quote from: whitejc on July 30, 2021, 09:23:03 AM

Oh no not this old chestnut again please!

Such an insider this guy. Obviously has no clue about our FFP limits, and the fact that Dwight Gayle is about as likely to join us as Carlton Cole or Jason Koumas. I'd have been more impressed if he'd suggested Diego Rolan.