more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Matt Grimes

Started by JoeS, July 30, 2021, 09:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeS

All seems to have gone quiet...

Rumours of a bid accepted and a medical due...now Swansea saying there have been no bids made for him let alone any bids accepted.

Anyone have any idea what's going on? I think we're one body light in midfield and Grimes would fit the bill perfectly, but if for whatever reason we don't get him...Will Hughes please

sarnian

90% of what you read is a rumour started by so called websites allegedly in the know which are then spread by others trying to jump on the bandwagon. Until officially announced don't believe anything and then you won't be disappointed.  That's why I will wait for official confirmation on Muniz before believing all the speculation from people who are trying to translate Portuguese rumours.

WestSussexWhite

My understanding is there was a bid that was accepted (don't know why Swansea are saying no bids, they said the same about Steve Cooper after we'd spoken to him) and a medical was booked for yesterday after Grimes came out of isolation as he was a close contact of someone who tested positive. However, Grimes' agent cancelled the medical on Wednesday citing a minor injury, however; it seems he is delaying to see if a prem move materialises (after talk of Brighton being interested). The deal is currently still on the table, but fulham are getting increasingly frustrated at Grimes' lack of decisiveness, and are therefore exploring other options incade the Grimes deal does not come off

Fulham 442

Thanks for the update WSW

Finnans Right Peg

Hey wsw do we know who those other options are

Texas White

Hopefully we are not waiting on him. If he is undecided we should withdraw our offer and move on.

Statto

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 30, 2021, 09:39:53 PM
My understanding is there was a bid that was accepted (don't know why Swansea are saying no bids, they said the same about Steve Cooper after we'd spoken to him) and a medical was booked for yesterday after Grimes came out of isolation as he was a close contact of someone who tested positive. However, Grimes' agent cancelled the medical on Wednesday citing a minor injury, however; it seems he is delaying to see if a prem move materialises (after talk of Brighton being interested). The deal is currently still on the table, but fulham are getting increasingly frustrated at Grimes' lack of decisiveness, and are therefore exploring other options incade the Grimes deal does not come off

But with all due respect is this derived from a genuine insider or another journo?

MartyFFC

Don't think I'll be losing any sleep if it doesn't come off; struggling to see how he improves our first XI

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Statto on July 30, 2021, 10:14:24 PM
Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 30, 2021, 09:39:53 PM

It's a genuine insider, he doesn't get everything right as things change so quickly but gets a lot of stuff right

But with all due respect is this derived from a genuine insider or another journo?

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on July 30, 2021, 09:54:24 PM
Hey wsw do we know who those other options are

No afraid not, Silva has drawn up a shortlist of a number of players in each position he wants strengthening. So far he has got the top target in each position (assuming Muniz joins). If Anguissa was to be sold for big money, then Will Hughes will likely be the player they try to get to replace him. However, I don't have any other names currently. Silva wants a midfielder in if possible before the Boro game. So expect r some sort of movement One way or another next week

Finnans Right Peg

MartyFFC

Forgot all about Will Hughes, seem to recall there being a lot of hype around him when he was at Derby. I think Silva signed him for Watford and so would seem to be a likely target. He seems to have been around forever yet is apparently still only 26

junior white

My issue with Grimes is he was all set t0 have a medical, as per WSW, now he has cancelled that and is waiting for a possible prem move. Then we should move on and not wait for someone who is now delaying our summer and season plans.

If Silva, as per WSW, has given a list of target sin each position he is happy with then lets move onto the second target quickly, get it done and move forward.

JackHamlet90

Grimes is a good player but if he doesn't come it's not the end of the well if we kept the current midfield I would be quite happy

Anguissa Seri Reed Cairney Onomah Francois as options in there is top class at this level

Statto

Quote from: JackHamlet90 on July 31, 2021, 09:03:27 AM
Grimes is a good player but if he doesn't come it's not the end of the well if we kept the current midfield I would be quite happy

Anguissa Seri Reed Cairney Onomah Francois as options in there is top class at this level

Need more cover there IMO, most of those names are inconsistent, unproven or injury prone

JEEVES

Quote from: Statto on July 31, 2021, 09:08:01 AM

Need more cover there IMO, most of those names are inconsistent, unproven or injury prone

Agreed. I mean 3 of them max are decent players and one's injury prone.

Twig

Agree and specifically I think it's the creative midfield where we lost out last year with TC's absence. If he isn't going to get back to a decent level of fitness then we need either cover or a replacement.

Asotosyios

Quote from: Twig on July 31, 2021, 09:31:51 AM

Agree and specifically I think it's the creative midfield where we lost out last year with TC's absence. If he isn't going to get back to a decent level of fitness then we need either cover or a replacement.
I disagree - if, and it's a big if, all of them stay when you add Wilson and Carvalho you have 8 players for 3 positions. I'm sure that's a big enough number, especially if we want to give some time to the academy players (Carvalho and Francois).

If Seri or Anguissa or both go, then yes we need another midfielder or two.

Wilson and Carvalho can play as no10 behind Mitrovic, so I don't think we will be looking for an attacking midfielder.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

hovewhite

Harrison reed is making way for Grimes,why?

JEEVES

Quote from: JEEVES on July 31, 2021, 09:21:35 AM

Agreed. I mean 3 of them max are decent players and one's injury prone.

I've just got home from Charlton. I have to comment on my own comment. Francois is a serious option in CM. I was very impressed. Carvalho was great but I already knew that.