watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff - 31/07/21...

Started by WhiteJC, July 31, 2021, 12:06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Middlesbrough dealt Marcus Tavernier setback as Neil Warnock provides injury update ahead of Championship opener at Fulham
Middlesbrough are sweating over the fitness of Marcus Tavernier ahead of their Championship opener with Fulham next weekend.

The 22-year-old has picked up a hamstring issue and missed Boro's pre-season friendlies against York and Rotherham.

When asked about the playmaker after his side's 1-0 win over Rotherham, Warnock said: "Different reports really. I was told he might miss the start of the season then I was told he might not miss the start of the season.

"He's nicked his hamstring but it's not a severe grade or anything, we'll have to wait and see.

"I'm still optimistic he might be involved next week.

"He gives us so much more. I've had to give him a bit of a roasting because his warm-ups have not been so good.

"When I've watched him on video training, he hasn't warmed up properly then he's exploding into games.

"He has to warm up properly. We've had a chat and I think he's taken it on board, not just for now but for his career."

Boro winger Isaiah Jones was also forced off with an injury against Rotherham in the first half after starting as a left wing-back.

"I think he smashed his nose and the doc thinks he might have fractured his eye-socket as well," replied Warnock when asked about Jones.

"I spoke to his agent this morning and he's telling me he's better going out on loan. I said when did you speak to him last, he said about a week ago, I said he's playing tonight!"

Boro winger Sammy Ameobi is also set to miss the Fulham game with a knee injury.

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/football/middlesbrough-fc/middlesbrough-dealt-marcus-tavernier-setback-as-neil-warnock-provides-injury-update-ahead-of-championship-opener-at-fulham-3330024

WhiteJC

The Transfer Tavern's EFL spy has suggested that Adam Armstrong might end up at Fulham this window.

The Blackburn striker has established himself as one of the most lethal second-tier goalscorers in recent seasons, scoring 44 times in the Championship across the last two years combined, including 28 last term.

Armstrong's form has led to plenty of Premier League interest, with the likes of Southampton, West Ham and others battling it out for his signature.

But the Rovers frontman has made just a handful of Premier League appearances during his teenage years with Newcastle and doesn't have a top-flight goal to his name.

With that in mind, another season at Championship level could benefit the 24-year-old, especially in a Fulham side that are expected to score plenty and challenge for promotion once again.

New Cottagers manager Marco Silva currently has Aleksandar Mitrovic at his disposal, but the Serbian scored just three times in the league last season and didn't look up for the challenge for the majority of 2020-2021.

And with Fulham desperately needing another name regardless of whether Mitrovic sticks around, the EFL insider exclusively told The Transfer Tavern:

"Adam Armstrong from Blackburn could be one, similar to Dwight Gayle, but has more goals in his game in my opinion.

"He's proven now and a good bid might get him to move to a big club like Fulham, with its wealth."

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/fulham-fc-news/exclusive-efl-spy-says-blackburns-adam-armstrong-could-sign-for-fulham-e185/

WhiteJC

Fulham in Talks to Sign Rodrigo Muniz From Flamengo

According to Peter Rutzler of the Athletic, Fulham are in talks to sign Brazilian striker Rodrigo Muniz from Flamengo. The Cottagers are looking to add another striker to bolster their attacking depth.

Fulham Looking to Sign Rodrigo Muniz
The Cottagers Looking to Add Depth in Attack

Fulham are in talks to sign 20-year-old Brazilian striker Rodrigo Muniz from Flamengo. The West-London side have started talks with Flamengo, but are yet to reach an agreement with the Brazilian club. Despite the interest from Brazil, Fulham are reportedly leading the race to sign the 20-year-old striker.

In recent years, Fulham have been very thin on centre-forwards. As the only recognised senior centre-forward, the Cottagers had relied heavily on Aleksandar Mitrovic to find the net. The lack of depth in the position was very visible during their last season as Fulham struggled in front of the goal. The normally reliable Mitrovic had a disappointing season, scoring just three goals in 27 league appearances.

The resulting lack of goals saw Fulham having the second-worst goal scoring record in the Premier League last season, finishing only behind Sheffield United. To make matters worse, two of their leading goalscorers from last season, Ademola Lookman and Josh Maja, returned to their parent clubs after the end of their loan spell.

Rodrigo Muniz, on the other hand, had his breakout season in the Brazilian league this season. The striker scored ten goals in 25 appearances for Flamengo, helping them win Brazilian Super Cup and Campeonato Carioca. Despite his rich vein of form, Muniz has been struggling for starts with Roger Ceni opting for Gabriel Barbosa ahead of the 20-year-old.

Fulham Hoping for a Quick Return to the Premier League
The hopes are high at Craven Cottage with Fulham looking to get back into the Premier League after suffering yet another relegation last season. The Cottagers have signed former Watford and Everton manager Marco Silva in their pursuit to return. They have also signed former Tottenham goalkeeper Paulo Gazzaniga on a free transfer.

While Liverpool's Harry Wilson joined completed a £12 million move from Merseyside. If Rodrigo Muniz signs for the Cottager, he will be the third player to arrive at Craven Cottage this season.

https://lastwordonsports.com/football/2021/07/31/fulham-in-talks-rodrigo-muniz-flamengo/

WhiteJC

Fulham, Stoke, Bournemouth enter transfer chase for Championship attacker

Fulham, Bournemouth and Stoke City are interested in signing Peterborough United attacker Siriki Dembele, according to The Sun.

Dembele played an influential role in helping Peterborough win automatic promotion from League One last season, but his future at the club looks uncertain.

The 24-year-old made 42 appearances in League One last season, scoring 11 goals and chipping in with 12 assists.

Dembele has endured a bit of a stop-start pre-season due to an Achilles problem, but the attacker is attracting plenty of interest ahead of the new campaign.

According to The Sun, Fulham, Bournemouth and Stoke City are all interested in landing the forward, who can play out wide or through the middle.

Dembele has only one year left on his contract at Peterborough, though it is said that Posh are looking to receive £4million for his signature this summer.

The Sun report, though, that Fulham, Bournemouth and Stoke are only willing to pay £2.5million, which could prove to be a stumbling block.

The Verdict

It is clear to see why Dembele is in such demand ahead of the new season.

He is an exciting attacking player who scores goals and creates chances. He's only young, and his contract situation means that Posh may be forced into selling him and cashing in whilst they still can this summer.

For someone like Fulham and Bournemouth, I think he could thrive, but Peterborough often drive a hard bargain and I can't see them letting him go.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-stoke-bournemouth-enter-transfer-chase-for-championship-attacker/