Main Menu

NFR (or is it?) London Ulez charges

Started by Kimbleman, July 31, 2021, 03:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: bobby01 on August 01, 2021, 09:35:38 AM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on August 01, 2021, 09:07:14 AM
Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on August 01, 2021, 07:45:16 AM
Can I just point out, that this isn't really the fault of the mayor. This is all part of the tory bail out of tfl. They're the ones that tacked the C charge and ULEZ extention to the previous deal. To blame sadiq is short sighted and exactly what the tories want.

Can I point out this was part of a tfl/mayor consultation, going back to 2017/18..... Regrettably as a cabby, I have to deal with tfl every day..... Don't get me wrong, I don't favour any political party..... If you get bored have a look at the consultations & road closures tfl/ mayor have planned....The London Assembly are another bunch on the gravy train

As h4 says this is a Khan decision, mainly to bail out how disgracefully tfl has been run under his watch. I have pulled all my work from London and had to lay off 3 drivers, it is not economically viable to run a delivery business there anymore, the fees charged and the time it takes to get around is now ridiculous. I don't care who is mayor but the way tfl runs will kill London. Regarding consultations they show them lip service but do what they want anyway as the result of consultation is not binding.
I feel for you h4, I have never in my life seen as many black cabs queuing for business on ranks as there ar now, it must be really hard for you now.

Absolutely nothing to do with the bail out.... it's been planned since 2017/18

H4usuallysitting

Can I just point out, that this isn't really the fault of the mayor. This is all part of the tory bail out of tfl. They're the ones that tacked the C charge and ULEZ extention to the previous deal. To blame sadiq is short sighted and exactly what the tories want.

Can I point out this was part of a tfl/mayor consultation, going back to 2017/18..... Regrettably as a cabby, I have to deal with tfl every day..... Don't get me wrong, I don't favour any political party..... If you get bored have a look at the consultations & road closures tfl/ mayor have planned....The London Assembly are another bunch on the gravy train

As h4 says this is a Khan decision, mainly to bail out how disgracefully tfl has been run under his watch. I have pulled all my work from London and had to lay off 3 drivers, it is not economically viable to run a delivery business there anymore, the fees charged and the time it takes to get around is now ridiculous. I don't care who is mayor but the way tfl runs will kill London. Regarding consultations they show them lip service but do what they want anyway as the result of consultation is not binding.
I feel for you h4, I have never in my life seen as many black cabs queuing for business on ranks as there ar now, it must be really hard for you now.

The previous mayor (now the pm) agreed massive cuts to tfl.... Please state the facts

Dodger53

It's inside the south circular so just the other side of Putney Station is OK, not sure what the parking is like there though.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Dodger53 on August 01, 2021, 09:52:15 AM
It's inside the south circular so just the other side of Putney Station is OK, not sure what the parking is like there though.

I understand it's split down Roehampton Lane, but I could be wong as I don't pay it

filham

Quote from: snarks on July 31, 2021, 08:21:24 PM
I also found they've increased the parking charges on the other side of the Fulham Palace Road, up to £3.00 per half hour from £1.30 pre pandemic
£3 for half an hour, are you sure, I  usually have to pay for two and a half hours, are you saying that will now cost £15.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

I work for tfl and am a union activist. I've read the terms of the conditions. It clearly states they need to raise the congestion charge zone and ulez zone. I'll dig out the paperwork if you want. 
And Boris, as mayor, put tfl £500 million in debt. Sadiq has actually balanced the books and cut wastage. They have had £360 million a year from central government funding, and now need to find another £600 million in savings. Not sure what you expect with a Tory government apart fro their mates getting richer.

snarks

Quote from: filham on August 01, 2021, 12:37:09 PM
I also found they've increased the parking charges on the other side of the Fulham Palace Road, up to £3.00 per half hour from £1.30 pre pandemic
£3 for half an hour, are you sure, I  usually have to pay for two and a half hours, are you saying that will now cost £15.

That's what it cost me yesterday -  £15.00 for 2 1/2 hours. I was late and didn't know that kick off was delayed otherwise I would have gone elsewhere

Riversider

Quote from: snarks on August 01, 2021, 01:50:10 PM

That's what it cost me yesterday -  £15.00 for 2 1/2 hours. I was late and didn't know that kick off was delayed otherwise I would have gone elsewhere
Unless they've changed all the parking restrictions in the last three weeks then I'd suggest you parked in the wrong street.

bobbo

I too am liable travelling from Uxbridge , my only ace up my sleeve is I use my Vespa but that's not good in freezing cold or piddling rain. I'm just missing out with a 2014 diesel.

Does anyone know if the congestion zone is coming with the ulez ?
1975 just leaving home full of hope

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on August 01, 2021, 12:59:04 PM

I work for tfl and am a union activist. I've read the terms of the conditions. It clearly states they need to raise the congestion charge zone and ulez zone. I'll dig out the paperwork if you want. 
And Boris, as mayor, put tfl £500 million in debt. Sadiq has actually balanced the books and cut wastage. They have had £360 million a year from central government funding, and now need to find another £600 million in savings. Not sure what you expect with a Tory government apart fro their mates getting richer.
£700m in debt...and the consultant for the ulez was in 2017/18...... The book's weren't balanced, they had improved.....both mayor's have been very poor....and annihilated my trade

Ronnief

For some time now I have been concerned about the ULEZ and have checked to see if my Honda Jazz is liable for the charge. Having looked up one website it tells me that my car is not liable for the charge, however when I check the TFL website it just refers me to the congestion charge page on the web site. Does anyone know if TFL has a definative list of vehicles that will be subject to a charge for the ULEZ come October 2021. My travel plans will have to change should I be liable for the charge.

Twig

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on August 01, 2021, 02:51:59 PM

£700m in debt...and the consultant for the ulez was in 2017/18...... The book's weren't balanced, they had improved.....both mayor's have been very poor....and annihilated my trade

H4 & Rufus, can I just say that it's refreshing to have some more balanced discussion on this board rather than the usual predictable and entrenched nonsense. Keep it up.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: Twig on August 01, 2021, 03:22:08 PM

H4 & Rufus, can I just say that it's refreshing to have some more balanced discussion on this board rather than the usual predictable and entrenched nonsense. Keep it up.

Having said a the above, T C needs to go, as does Robinson. But thats just my opinion  064.gif :dft012:

snarks

Quote from: Riversider on August 01, 2021, 01:57:48 PM

Unless they've changed all the parking restrictions in the last three weeks then I'd suggest you parked in the wrong street.

Ive parked in the same road for 5 years on match days, up lambrook terrace and then the roads either side (Danehurst and Wardo?) Yesterday it was up to £3.00 per 1/2 hour it wasn't that much the last time I parked there.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: snarks on August 01, 2021, 05:23:52 PM
Quote from: Riversider on August 01, 2021, 01:57:48 PM

Ive parked in the same road for 5 years on match days, up lambrook terrace and then the roads either side (Danehurst and Wardo?) Yesterday it was up to £3.00 per 1/2 hour it wasn't that much the last time I parked there.

The parking price's have gone up....park in Barnes for free & walk or get the bus

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Ronnief on August 01, 2021, 03:10:53 PM
For some time now I have been concerned about the ULEZ and have checked to see if my Honda Jazz is liable for the charge. Having looked up one website it tells me that my car is not liable for the charge, however when I check the TFL website it just refers me to the congestion charge page on the web site. Does anyone know if TFL has a definative list of vehicles that will be subject to a charge for the ULEZ come October 2021. My travel plans will have to change should I be liable for the charge.

What reg is your car

Twig

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on August 01, 2021, 03:42:49 PM
Quote from: Twig on August 01, 2021, 03:22:08 PM

Having said a the above, T C needs to go, as does Robinson. But thats just my opinion  064.gif :dft012:

I can go off people you know!  :012: :012:

Ronnief

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on August 01, 2021, 06:06:35 PM

What reg is your car
It's a 66 reg,

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Ronnief on August 01, 2021, 07:45:36 PM

What reg is your car
It's a 66 reg,

If it's petrol, you'll be fine..... need's to be euro 6 diesel to comply......most cars built from 2016 are euro 6......have a look at your V5c

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on August 01, 2021, 07:49:15 PM
Quote from: Ronnief on August 01, 2021, 07:45:36 PM

What reg is your car
It's a 66 reg,

If it's petrol, you'll be fine..... need's to be euro 6 diesel to comply......most cars built from 2016 are euro 6......have a look at your V5c

tfl website is generally useless.... they've sent me pcn's for driving in bus lanes.... I drive a London cab, registered & licensed with tfl on one of the pcn's the picture had me with my hire light on....tfl asked me to prove it was a London cab.... I told them to prove it wasn't one.