News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Captain Ream? Tim Ream Appreciation Thread.

Started by ChesterTheTabby, July 31, 2021, 06:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Another good performance today from Tim Ream and of course he is the man to be captain for the season, who else.

ken 44

I note most posts are positive in regard to Tim Ream but he will
cost us points in this division for sure as her makes poor decisions
although I agree he is a good professional player but we need better still.

perry geyton

Quote from: JEEVES on July 31, 2021, 09:09:10 PM
I love Ream, lovely guy, done so much for the club. Do I think he's a championship quality CB? No. But come August 8th, if Silva picks him in his starting line up. I'll be shocked but I'll also come to
terms with the fact that it must be me who's wrong, if SJ, SP, MS etc. Keep picking him
How can you say he's not championship quality ? on his day he's a good premiership center back

Andy S

Yes I agree Inspite of the flack he gets I think his thought and passing is certainly good enough for the championship. If we can get somebody better then fine but if not he isn't someone I would urgently be looking to replace

LittleErn

I thought he was good today with none of the mistakes that he has been prone to in the past. However, he was never pressed in the way he has been. Having said that, he also did not dwell on the ball which meant he wasn't a "sitting duck" for pressure. Perhaps that is one of the changes that Silva has brought.

Statto

Come on, so he looked OK today in a friendly against a league one team? Great. But he has got and will continue to get ripped apart by any top half Championship striker wuth a bit of pace or strength and is about as well equipped for the PL as Mark Fotheringham. Good servant? Yes. 3rd or 4th choice CB whilst we're in the Championship? OK, just about. Nothing more please.

JEEVES

Quote from: perry geyton on July 31, 2021, 10:02:43 PM
I love Ream, lovely guy, done so much for the club. Do I think he's a championship quality CB? No. But come August 8th, if Silva picks him in his starting line up. I'll be shocked but I'll also come to
terms with the fact that it must be me who's wrong, if SJ, SP, MS etc. Keep picking him
How can you say he's not championship quality ? on his day he's a good premiership center back

Oh I think he's terrible. I'd be lying if I said I thought he was any good. I do love him though. Great guy, great servant to our club. Terrible CB, awful infact. hard to name someone in the last decade who can be taken apart as quickly as him in the prem.

But yeah I love Tim. Was singing Reeeeeam at th game today but that's just banter.

Pluto

Quote from: JEEVES on July 31, 2021, 11:28:52 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on July 31, 2021, 10:02:43 PM

Oh I think he's terrible. I'd be lying if I said I thought he was any good. I do love him though. Great guy, great servant to our club. Terrible CB, awful infact. hard to name someone in the last decade who can be taken apart as quickly as him in the prem.

But yeah I love Tim. Was singing Reeeeeam at th game today but that's just banter.

Absolutely baffled by this opinion. His performances at centre back were significantly better than Odoi and Hector last season alone, let alone the last decade. He was pretty decent actually. Not starter level but certainly good enough for forth choice, which is what he was.

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: Whitestone on July 31, 2021, 09:00:07 PM
Quote from: Black, White and Fred on July 31, 2021, 06:14:27 PM
Think he was great today, but last championship season he was caught out a fair few times.
Charlton are probably about the level of a a lower half championship team which is where his level is probably at now. With that said would be more than happy for him to prove me wrong against better teams this season. 

Charlton are a League 1 team.

Only just missed out on playoffs. I think there is an overlap between bottom half of the league above and the top of the league below. Otherwise every promoted team would always get relegated. But that's just my opinion
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

The Rock

Ha!!! I'll have what this guy is smoking!

He's a good squad player who will play his part this year if he can regain his best form. I take wagers, pm me.

Why did you post this now? Did you miss 3.5 years of mediocrity?

Somerset Fulham

When this guy does eventually leave us, then he should be afforded the same level of respect as StefJo and KMac, no question.

He has been an absolutely fantastic servant for this club.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: The Rock on August 01, 2021, 12:23:31 AM
Ha!!! I'll have what this guy is smoking!

He's a good squad player who will play his part this year if he can regain his best form. I take wagers, pm me.

Why did you post this now? Did you miss 3.5 years of mediocrity?

Well this is a bit a pathetic. Did I miss 3.5 years of solid defensive work and two promotions? Yes, I did in fact watch all of them. Also, seeing as that he's been with the club going on six years and being a constant rock in every squad, you should have your noggin checked, mate. Get a load of this guy. The point of the post was to highlight that he's nearly played 200 games for us with wonderful professionalism. You never hear a peep about him, and he just gets on with his job even when left out for periods of time and comes back ready to go when called upon. Have some respect for a cult legend, and someone who deserves as much respect if not more than the likes of StefJo (although I did love the king of shithousery)
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

colinwhite

Ream is a good bloke and excellent with the ball but not part of a defence moving forward that we can take with us into the premiership. Like Ream but not PL class,simple.

hovewhite

The guy is a great human being and a top pro.Every season there's his usual knockers and doubters but no matter the manager they all select him.

cataylormade

Quote from: BestOfBrede on July 31, 2021, 07:18:18 PM
Didn't see any
Quote from: BestOfBrede on July 31, 2021, 07:18:18 PM
Didn't see any mistakes today?
I wouldn't say he made mistakes but his passing today was poor. Trying 30/40 yard passes is not in his repertoire.

Bill2

Quote from: KJS on July 31, 2021, 06:16:22 PM
Played well with Tosin thought Robinson was not up for it today though
Thought Tim played well although when put under pressure with a high pressing line doesn't seem to clear the ball quickly enough. Agree  about Robinson the Charlton number 7 gave him a merry dance, although going forward he did all right. But if you look at the forward play between him and Joe Bryan thought Joe was better and as unlucky with his shot.

blingo

Quote from: perry geyton on July 31, 2021, 08:37:10 PM
Another one that gets a lot of abuse for some unknown reason but I think Tim is still more then capable
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam

Are you in the early stages of pregnancy Piri?

MartyFFC

Fella doesn't deserve any stick whatsoever, been a great servant to the club and a great professional. I seem to recall him being our player of the year under Joka, and I think he's more than capable at this level. However, he must never be allowed anywhere near the first XI ever again should we get promoted. He and Odoi looked like the chuckle brothers in the PL, and he's nowhere near good enough

RaySmith

Quote from: MartyFFC on August 01, 2021, 11:49:00 AM
Fella doesn't deserve any stick whatsoever, been a great servant to the club and a great professional. I seem to recall him being our player of the year under Joka, and I think he's more than capable at this level. However, he must never be allowed anywhere near the first XI ever again should we get promoted. He and Odoi looked like the chuckle brothers in the PL, and he's nowhere near good enough

Alongside Hector at the start of the season he looked the better of the two, though admit that neither  looked good enough for the Prem.

But alongside Tosin  at the end of the season at Man U, he looked pretty good, and he did a good job yesterday.

Though we obviously need a new cb  if thinking of a team for the Prem.
Though we have a few cb's on the books! Who will feature this season? who will stay fit enough?

grandad

Faultless & commanding yesterday. Struck up a good partnership with Tosin. He even had to keep an eye out for Robinson who was caught outseveral times in dangerous situations.
Where there's a will there's a wife