News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Captain Ream? Tim Ream Appreciation Thread.

Started by ChesterTheTabby, July 31, 2021, 06:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

A decent championship defender and loyal Fulham man.

One Martin Thomas

Sorry everyone; I have no appreciation for Ream now !! Like Odoi, his day was done for me a few seasons ago !! Time to move forward .... Keeping Ream and losing Hector makes no sense to me; He tor was purchased as none of our centre backs were up to the last Championship challenge

Pluto

For people saying he's not a premier league starter:

1) we are not a premier league team this season

2) when we were last season, we were a relegation scrap side. We are not Man City and we're never going to have the luxury of having four or five premier league starter level centre backs in the books. Never in our history of being a premier league team did we ever have that kind of depth. Even in the glory days of Hangeland and Hughes, our third choice guy was Senderos, who Ream is probably better than.

I literally don't know what you're expecting here. It's completely delusional and the guy is obviously good enough to feature as a rotation guy for us, in the position we are on now. He would probably start for every other championship side in fact.

bobbo

havnt read every reply on this post but hes been a great servant to the club . and yest nit pickin there was a few slip ups 2 seasons ago , we all make slip ups ----thats why they sell prams ---- i like him and am glad hes there this season coming .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

YankeeJim

Ream's major weakness is lack of quickness. Speed can be negated to some degree by positioning and physicality. Quickness, or the first two steps, is something that is God given and can't be taught. A defender can push the attacker towards his fellow CB but if the center mate is out of position you look the fool as a quick striker leaves you in the dust. Some call it being out of position. Position is your location in relation to your defensive mates. If one or more of them is out of position, then everyone is. That isn't going to get any better. Brede wasn't quick but Aaron was and the two formed that wonderful Thames Barrier. If Tosin has a good season and the two complement each other, than Ream will have a good season. If not, I'm sure he'll get blasted in these pages.

COYW!
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

love4ffc

Quote from: YankeeJim on August 01, 2021, 05:31:25 PM
Ream's major weakness is lack of quickness. Speed can be negated to some degree by positioning and physicality. Quickness, or the first two steps, is something that is God given and can't be taught. A defender can push the attacker towards his fellow CB but if the center mate is out of position you look the fool as a quick striker leaves you in the dust. Some call it being out of position. Position is your location in relation to your defensive mates. If one or more of them is out of position, then everyone is. That isn't going to get any better. Brede wasn't quick but Aaron was and the two formed that wonderful Thames Barrier. If Tosin has a good season and the two complement each other, than Ream will have a good season. If not, I'm sure he'll get blasted in these pages.

COYW!
100%   :54:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

perry geyton

Quote from: RaySmith on July 31, 2021, 06:59:48 PM
Agree with the OP.

Carried on from where he left off last season  away to Man U.
Exactly

blingo

Is this the same Ream that would give away at least one goal scoring opportunity every match and that all and sundry on here were slating for it? Come on he's close to his sell by date along with the dodgy knee clubbers. Get rid of him and them and let's build a team that will just need a few additions when we go up to make us solid enough to stay up.

The Rock

Quote from: blingo on August 01, 2021, 06:43:09 PM
Is this the same Ream that would give away at least one goal scoring opportunity every match and that all and sundry on here were slating for it? Come on he's close to his sell by date along with the dodgy knee clubbers. Get rid of him and them and let's build a team that will just need a few additions when we go up to make us solid enough to stay up.

Is this post from 2019, or 2021? Hard to tell, but we keep holding on to him probably because of his wages. As many have said he is a decent Championship defender, and sure he's been loyal, but he's still past his sell date and as I mentioned it's been about 3.5 years (and 2? relegations) we've needed better. We are stuck for one more year it looks like with FFP.

blingo

JackHamlet90

Thought Ream was really solid Saturday it's nice to see him playing well has always been a great servant for us

Logicalman

Quote from: YankeeJim on August 01, 2021, 05:31:25 PM

COYW!

My biggest gripe with him in recent seasons is not his physical speed, but his mental speed, inasmuch that often when he receives the ball he has not already determined possible lay-offs, and as such he is open to being mugged by a quick opposing player, or he then is pushed into rushing a lay-off that might, or might not, actually be successful.

No argument that he has been a great servant to the club, but unfortunately sentimentality has no place in the modern game of footie.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

clarkey

Ream is experienced, sensible and good positionally. He will be really dependable with Tosin.He can bring the ball out and nine times out of ten does the right thing.He is worth extra points for morale, leadership and effort. 100% player, prefer an all effort guy like him any day to the fair weather fancy boys.

Woolly Mammoth

If Ream is picked v Middlesborough I shall have no problem with that and I hope he does well, and if he earns his spot as a regular then he is playing well and hopefully so will Fulham. There is healthy competition for places so everyone should be on their toes.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.