watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for Boro

Started by grandad, July 31, 2021, 07:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnOldBrownie

It won't happen, but this is how I'd line up...

Gass

Tete      Tosin     Ream     Robinson

Anguissa    Reed

Carvalho

Wilson                               Bryan

Mitro

I'm pretty sure that unless he's sold, Knock is going to be our starting left wing...not Ivan.

Statto

Quote from: JackHamlet90 on July 31, 2021, 07:49:26 PM
Rodak Reed Cavaleiro apparently back fit for Boro with that in mind

Rodak

Tete          Tosin       Ream       Robinson

Reed    Anguissa

Wilson              Carvalho         Cavaleiro

Mitro

Subs - Gazzaniga Mawson Bryan Seri Francois Kebano Knockeart

+1
Assuming Mawson isn't available, otherwise him instead of Ream

Colton F.C.

Rodak, Tete, Ream, Tosin, Robinson, Carvalho, Reed, Wilson, Bryan (winger), AK47, Mitro;

Bench:
Gazzaniga, Christie, Hector, DBR, Onomah, Francoise, Kebano;

ken 44

I agree with Filham but have a question mark over Ream and if fit would pick Mawson.

Woolly Mammoth

Lots of good team selections above and I would not disagree with any really subject to injury, hopefully we should have a strong bench whoever starts. Rodak or Gazz I do not mind.
Ream is an interesting one and perhaps deserves to start although if fully fit Alfie Mawson would be my choice.
Nevertheless my biggest concern is Mitro who appears to be an automatic selection yet played a stinker v Charlton, he looked so out of sorts physically and mentally and was a passenger for most of the game a yard slower than anyone else on the pitch.
But in the absence of an alternative I worry about where the goals are going to come from.
Especially as Colin will have a cunning plan to add to the equation.
Maybe the well oiled indoor will swing open on its hinges to welcome a new addition this week before the tumbleweed arrives.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Riversider

Harrison Reed is injured and will be out for at least three weeks.

JEEVES

Quote from: Cookie6262 on August 01, 2021, 07:50:12 PM
                 Rodak

Tete      Tosin     Mawson     Robinson

Anguissa    Reed

Carvalho

Wilson                               Cavaleiro

Mitro

This is my lineup too.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 02, 2021, 12:49:47 PM
Nevertheless my biggest concern is Mitro who appears to be an automatic selection yet played a stinker v Charlton, he looked so out of sorts physically and mentally and was a passenger for most of the game a yard slower than anyone else on the pitch.

But he's never been the quickest player on the pitch so it seems weird to start bashing him for being slow now unless you've got an agenda against him, as well as being stocky because he's no larger now than he was in our last promotion season? Also as pointed out by various people in other threads, he got into several really good positions and was let down so could've quite easily had a few goals in the first half alone.

Statto

Quote from: Riversider on August 02, 2021, 12:56:59 PM

Not a surprise. Another one I've been saying never plays a 46-game season. I suspect any difference in the number of games played by Reed vs Cairney this season will ultimately be marginal. This is why we need more depth in CM.

RoyTund

Quote from: grandad on July 31, 2021, 09:56:05 PM
Quote from: MayoDomo on July 31, 2021, 07:10:50 PM
Quite a bit of confidence you have there to only field 10.

We played with 10 today with Knockaert ineffective all game.
I have adjusted my selection in the OP

That's very harsh. Thought he was more than involved today and worked harder than anyone.

Whitestone

Quote from: Riversider on August 02, 2021, 12:56:59 PM

Let's hope we can get the Grimes deal done ASAP.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Deeping_white on August 02, 2021, 01:01:47 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 02, 2021, 12:49:47 PM

But he's never been the quickest player on the pitch so it seems weird to start bashing him for being slow now unless you've got an agenda against him, as well as being stocky because he's no larger now than he was in our last promotion season? Also as pointed out by various people in other threads, he got into several really good positions and was let down so could've quite easily had a few goals in the first half alone.

Listen oh wise one I have no agenda against him, I am a big fan of his and want him to do well but at the moment he is not producing enough and that is disappointing when I know he can do better so much better. 
So keep your words soft and sweet as you may have to eat them.
I was making a constructive point about his condition and visual performance so don't dig me out because it doesn't suit your narrative.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

JEEVES

It's actually looking like there's a decent chance we're going to start this season with Seri and Anguissa in central midfield.

General

Quote from: JEEVES on August 02, 2021, 04:26:53 PM
It's actually looking like there's a decent chance we're going to start this season with Seri and Anguissa in central midfield.

Yeah, I'm not sure where they'd go now. They're expensive and have had a few seasons now of not exactly setting the world alight either with us In the Premier or at their loan clubs. Anguissa did well at villareal but even that didn't see him get a contract offer. Think they're now in a position where they need to prove their qualities again.

On top of that, I think they may have been a bit disenchanted with being at the club up until recently and just having spent more time at the club their relationships with the club and staff and players who've been around longer are stronger and more developed so they're perhaps more comfortable and OK with being here. Also they know that if they stay there's a good chance they'll get promoted in a year and can contribute to that.

Those are my thoughts at least.

I also get the impression that Silva values them more and is more keen to utilise them and put an arm around them and is perhaps the best proven manager we've had which may also help ease them into staying. It's clear silva wants to work with top talent for me.

New Kid on the Block

Bryan for Robinson, cos his crosses are far more accurate. Mawson alongside Tosin if fit. No Cavaleiro or Knockheart though, for the whole season.

JEEVES

Quote from: General on August 02, 2021, 04:32:32 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure where they'd go now. They're expensive and have had a few seasons now of not exactly setting the world alight either with us In the Premier or at their loan clubs. Anguissa did well at villareal but even that didn't see him get a contract offer. Think they're now in a position where they need to prove their qualities again.

On top of that, I think they may have been a bit disenchanted with being at the club up until recently and just having spent more time at the club their relationships with the club and staff and players who've been around longer are stronger and more developed so they're perhaps more comfortable and OK with being here. Also they know that if they stay there's a good chance they'll get promoted in a year and can contribute to that.

Those are my thoughts at least.

I also get the impression that Silva values them more and is more keen to utilise them and put an arm around them and is perhaps the best proven manager we've had which may also help ease them into staying. It's clear silva wants to work with top talent for me.

Yeah I agree but also with Cairney and Reed (apparently) injured and Francois maybe not quite yet ready, they're probably the two best CM's we have fit for a starting place against Boro.

Facts Not Fiction

Rodak

Tete Tosin Ream Bryan

Anguissa Reed

Wilson Carvalho Cavaleiro

Mitrovic

Gazzaniga, Mawson, Robinson, Francois, Onomah, Kamara, Reid

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: ken 44 on July 31, 2021, 09:51:06 PM
I know Ream gives his all but he just not up to the required standard.

A fit Kongolo is the only CB I'd start in front of Ream. Mawson needs to prove himself. Hector I'm just lost with.

Cookie6262

Losing them for a month to the African nations cup is an extra reason that clubs may be put off a little

Bassey the warrior

Doesn't the window run to the end of the month?