watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for Boro

Started by grandad, July 31, 2021, 07:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaySmith

Not sure if Seri will start, but think that both Carvalho and Francois could.

JEEVES

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on August 02, 2021, 09:40:26 PM
Quote from: JEEVES on August 02, 2021, 04:26:53 PM
It's actually looking like there's a decent chance we're going to start this season with Seri and Anguissa in central midfield.

Doesn't the window run to the end of the month?

Yes, but the season starts Sunday.

General

Quote from: Black, White and Fred on July 31, 2021, 08:30:19 PM
I like Rodak, but I do feel like the Argentinian Gazza may turn out to be a great keeper for us and would like to see him given a chance.

I'd go with:

Gazza
Tete, Tosin, Ream, Robo
          FZA, Reed
BDR,  Carvalho, Wilson
           Mitro

This is the team for me. Only two question marks longer term is getting someone in to replace ream. Hector or mawson I'd like to see step up to the plate this season, or kongolo stay fit. The other is carvalho. I've admittedly not see him play much, though I don't think he has played much for the first team but I also think it's a lot to expect of him to be a starter when there's 46 games to play.

I would consider having Bryan on left wing (can cross at the least and perhaps even score the odd goal, as well as double back to cover Robinson at LB should he surge forward), Wilson on the right and BDR in the hole.

clarkey

Mawson is a complete waste of time, there has been nothing in the last two seasons to suggest he can complete a game let alone compete in one.

Cav needs jettisoning after his abject last two seasons.

We have a great squad, the back four with Ream is excellent, and once Harrison and Frank are bedded in again we will be fine. So add Wilson, Cairney and BDR to the mix with Mitro in form up top, that will be fine. Cavalho too.

For subs Knoc ain't bad you know at this level, sell Seri and AK is a pretty good stand by when we need more dash than brains.. Let's not rock the boat. Just sensible and no passengers like Cav please.

Arthur

Rodak

Tete             Tosin               Ream         Robinson

Anguissa

BDR            Wilson              Francois         Bryan

Carvalho

Play with Carvalho as a false #9 and allow for any of the front five to pop up in the opposition penalty box.

Sting of the North

Quote from: clarkey on August 03, 2021, 08:00:21 AM
Mawson is a complete waste of time, there has been nothing in the last two seasons to suggest he can complete a game let alone compete in one.

Cav needs jettisoning after his abject last two seasons.

We have a great squad, the back four with Ream is excellent, and once Harrison and Frank are bedded in again we will be fine. So add Wilson, Cairney and BDR to the mix with Mitro in form up top, that will be fine. Cavalho too.

For subs Knoc ain't bad you know at this level, sell Seri and AK is a pretty good stand by when we need more dash than brains.. Let's not rock the boat. Just sensible and no passengers like Cav please.

Mawson has played 42 competitive games the last two seasons, so I would say that you are wrong. But maybe you don't believe completing games is a suggestion of the ability to complete games...

Matt10

I think it will be closer to who actually played on Saturday. The starters could be a bit different though. Feel that Ream being captain earned him a starting spot, while Mawson still gets to full match fitness. Zambo and Seri is a bit of a scary thought for me considering their debut seasons with the club, but I feel they could do a job. Serie replaced Francois in the friendly and looked to track back fairly well. Not knowing Reed's status, so I'm thinking Silva could play Seri beside Zambo.

Other than that, Bryan had a shot on target, made runs into the box, tucked in on some of our attacks, which allowed Zambo to get into the box. Silva strikes me as a manager who wants to play football so he should have the best technical players, and Bryan wins that over Robinson for me. I think Wilson is an obvious choice, but then it's between Knockaert, Cav and Kebano. Since we didn't see Cav, I imagine it will be Kebano. I pray Silva saw Knockaert's performance and realizes he shouldn't be near this team. So many wasteful possessions in the friendly - I can only hope Silva doesn't stick with him. In this case, Kebano, while wasteful at times as well, performed better and brings that inverted look for our wingers. I don't think BDR will be ready as it was a pretty exhausting Gold Cup, may take some time to recover - although feel he'll be on the bench. 

Gazza

Tete        Tosin       Ream        Bryan

Zambo       Seri

Wilson       Carvalho       Kebano

Mitro

Fernhurst

Gazzaniga

Tete      Tosin     Ream     Robinson

Anguissa    Seri

Carvalho

Cavalerio                                Wilson

Mitro

My idea of strongest team for Sunday..... but not sure Seri would agree to play??
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

We Are Premier League

Mitro
BDR, Carvalho, Wilson
      Zambo, Reed
Robo, Ream, Tosin, Tete
            Gazza

Rodak
Mawson
Bryan
Seri
Francois
Kebano
Knockaert

Fernhurst

Very surprised if Reed played, no hide nor hair of him lately. Educated guess ..... he's injured.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.