watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tyrese Francois

Started by JEEVES, July 31, 2021, 09:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JEEVES

Really good today. Was surprised. He was great and slotted Fabio through and you just know when Carvalho is 1 on 1 he's slottin it. Game was boring but that piece of magic made my day. 2 best players today.

Whitestone

Good to hear. Hopefully see more of them.

SP

I got the impression we were strolling through today's game but it worries me Mitro looks some way off match fitness.

filham

Quote from: SP on July 31, 2021, 09:36:09 PM
I got the impression we were strolling through today's game but it worries me Mitro looks some way off match fitness.
So good to see Francois and Cavalho perform so well today but the Mitro performance was a big disappointment. Mitro was a problem for Parker last season just hope he is not becoming Silva's problem this season.

Andy S

It's always good to see young players take a step up and look able to make it. I remember Paul Parker, Robert Wilson, Dean Coney & Leroy Rosenior coming through to claim first team places and there has not been enough over the last few years. Sess was exciting  I know Betts in goal and now Rodak but being one of our own adds to the excitement

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: filham on July 31, 2021, 09:55:52 PM
So good to see Francois and Cavalho perform so well today but the Mitro performance was a big disappointment. Mitro was a problem for Parker last season just hope he is not becoming Silva's problem this season.

Maybe him bend Parker falling out (allegedly) has made Mitro not train as hard. But, also, this is exactly what pre seasons are for.

SP

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on July 31, 2021, 10:52:19 PM

Maybe him bend Parker falling out (allegedly) has made Mitro not train as hard. But, also, this is exactly what pre seasons are for.

The worry for me is that a week from the first game the fitness levels should be almost there?

JimOG

Quote from: SP on August 01, 2021, 07:49:13 AM

The worry for me is that a week from the first game the fitness levels should be almost there?

Exactly....I know there's still time in this transfer window but adding a 20 year old Muniz to a Mitro who really has been a shadow of his former self for a 50 + game season looks unwise.

SP

I haven't seen the highlights yet but I was concerned by the industrial challenge in Mitro, looked nasty. Surprised there was no card for that one?

Fernhurst

Quote from: SP on August 01, 2021, 09:21:25 AM
I haven't seen the highlights yet but I was concerned by the industrial challenge in Mitro, looked nasty. Surprised there was no card for that one?

Agreed, that cage fighter who carried out the atrocity jumped up and ran away. Bit of a worry how our two young un's would survive that sort of attack. 
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Deeping_white

I don't think Mitro's performance was as bad as some people are making out. In the first half he got in 3/4 really good positions and was let down by the final pass that would've seen him played in. He also looked up for the battle with the Charlton CB's which isn't something we saw much of last season. Also worth noting that he had two weeks fewer pre-season than everyone else due to him being off on his honeymoon and then having to isolate

bobby01

Quote from: Deeping_white on August 01, 2021, 10:44:45 AM
I don't think Mitro's performance was as bad as some people are making out. In the first half he got in 3/4 really good positions and was let down by the final pass that would've seen him played in. He also looked up for the battle with the Charlton CB's which isn't something we saw much of last season. Also worth noting that he had two weeks fewer pre-season than everyone else due to him being off on his honeymoon and then having to isolate

:plus one:
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

RaySmith

Quote from: bobby01 on August 01, 2021, 10:49:33 AM

If it's a fitness problem, which it seems it is, then it's easily overcome by training and playing.

Statto

Didn't see the gane but think Mitrovic is beginning to fall into that category with Dembele II and Anguissa where his body language seems to make people think he's unfit or not trying, to some extent erroneously. Been reading on here that he's unfit for about 18 months now...

Bill2

Quote from: RaySmith on August 01, 2021, 11:08:23 AM

If it's a fitness problem, which it seems it is, then it's easily overcome by training and playing.
While at 50+ minus thought Mitro looked out of it he carried on for the full 90. In fact in the latter stages he seemed to get second wind and was more involved. Got into the box and unlucky the ball in didn't reach him.
Thought the Charlton centre half was a big piece of work and Mitro would have been hard pushed to bully him although he tried.
Back to the original thread, thought Tyrese was excellent and played a lot of nice stuff, the ball through to Fabio was brilliant as was the run to get on the end of it.

St. Andrews White

Agree thought he looked really excellent actually, very content to recycle possession well and look for a forward pass. Hopefully we'll see a lot more of him this season

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

RaySmith

Quote from: Bill2 on August 01, 2021, 11:29:16 AM
Quote from: RaySmith on August 01, 2021, 11:08:23 AM

While at 50+ minus thought Mitro looked out of it he carried on for the full 90. In fact in the latter stages he seemed to get second wind and was more involved. Got into the box and unlucky the ball in didn't reach him.
Thought the Charlton centre half was a big piece of work and Mitro would have been hard pushed to bully him although he tried.
Back to the original thread, thought Tyrese was excellent and played a lot of nice stuff, the ball through to Fabio was brilliant as was the run to get on the end of it.

Mitro  like all players, wouldn't want to risk injury in a friendly, though he showed quite a bit of commitment as it was, and pushed one of their players away in the second half altercation, and i was hoping he wouldn't get a card.
Agree that he did seem to get a second wind later in the game.

Also agree about Tyrone - great game, and seemed to have an understanding with Carvalho.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: SP on August 01, 2021, 07:49:13 AM

Nah, looked like a typical Mitro performance to me. He is not quite 90 minutes fit and a bit rusty. He has not played much in the past 6 months and had an extended offseason, so not a bit surprising to me.

I did like that the wide players seemed to have a renewed focus on getting crosses in toward him.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: JEEVES on July 31, 2021, 09:17:12 PM
Really good today. Was surprised. He was great and slotted Fabio through and you just know when Carvalho is 1 on 1 he's slottin it. Game was boring but that piece of magic made my day. 2 best players today.

He was. When he came in for the cameo at the end of last season at LB, I did not see a future 1st team player in him. As a deep lying midfielder though, loved his work rate and range of passing. That through ball to Fabio was outstanding.

FFC In Oz

As an Aussie, great to see Ty doing well, and hopefully he can continue to grow and develop as the season goes on!