watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tyrese Francois

Started by JEEVES, July 31, 2021, 09:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cookie6262

I throughly we needed 3 signings this summer CM , ACM and a second striker though in Carvalho and Francois we may already have two of the three.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Statto on August 01, 2021, 11:16:24 AM
Didn't see the gane but think Mitrovic is beginning to fall into that category with Dembele II and Anguissa where his body language seems to make people think he's unfit or not trying, to some extent erroneously. Been reading on here that he's unfit for about 18 months now...

Actually, I think he's been a little off the pace since the Hull game in our last promotion season.    He scored 5 more goals that season after the injury...but I don't think he's looked the same since then.

He's still good enough to get goals with the right service, and he can get goals with his national team.   Maybe I'm reading more into it than I should.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Cookie6262 on August 01, 2021, 07:33:08 PM
I throughly we needed 3 signings this summer CM , ACM and a second striker though in Carvalho and Francois we may already have two of the three.

I think it's best for Carvalho and Francois to go loan, they will both lose some points due to experience.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 01, 2021, 11:07:02 PM

I think it's best for Carvalho and Francois to go loan, they will both lose some points due to experience.

Why does Carvalho need to go on loan?  I'd start him over most our attacking players.  Definitely over Kebano, Knock or BDR.   We don't lose anything in our attack when he plays.

Woolly Mammoth

You need to seriously consider going on loan yourself.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Whitestone

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 02, 2021, 12:03:41 AM

You need to seriously consider going on loan yourself.

Perhaps you could explain your rationale because from what I have seen of Carvalho so far leads me to believe that the best place for him to develop would be the Fulham first team squad.

Statto

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on August 01, 2021, 11:17:57 PM

Why does Carvalho need to go on loan?  I'd start him over most our attacking players.  Definitely over Kebano, Knock or BDR.   We don't lose anything in our attack when he plays.

You worked all that out from 3 starts in dead rubber matches?

Reminds of this time two years ago when we all thought Steven Sessegnon was going to be better than Ryan

Carvalho is an unknown quantity right now. Chances of him being a regular in the starting XI this year are pretty slim.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Statto on August 02, 2021, 12:23:50 AM

Reminds of this time two years ago when we all thought Steven Sessegnon was going to be better than Ryan

Carvalho is an unknown quantity right now. Chances of him being a regular in the starting XI this year are pretty slim.

Blind faith, and I'm open to being wrong.   I like his movement, final product...and he's an academy player.   Hoping the best for him.

JackHamlet90

Very good prospect we need to get him signing a new deal with us

The Rational Fan

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on August 02, 2021, 06:06:30 AM

Blind faith, and I'm open to being wrong.   I like his movement, final product...and he's an academy player.   Hoping the best for him.

Carvalho and Francois can sign contracts with other clubs in January, the amount of benefit these players will add to our team assuming they leave at the end of the year is very little.

Three good games followed by two shockers is likely to be their trend for the season, so the good games would have to be brilliant to make it worth it to play them.

At the moment, they are scheduled to get a chance to prove themselves in the championship, but in reality not enough game time to worry about getting injured and sign five year contact with us as their insurance for their development. But if they are going to sit on the bench for 5 month, better to move on a free transfer signed in January.

Instead, we should offer both of them a five year contract and loan them out for 30-40 games this season, this will develop them the most and knowing they have five year contract is good for them too.

If they don't sign five year contracts, then we need to sell them immediately, no point benching them until they can leave for free.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 03, 2021, 01:37:08 AM

Carvalho and Francois can sign contracts with other clubs in January, the amount of benefit these players will add to our team assuming they leave at the end of the year is very little.

Three good games followed by two shockers is likely to be their trend for the season, so the good games would have to be brilliant to make it worth it to play them.

At the moment, they are scheduled to get a chance to prove themselves in the championship, but in reality not enough game time to worry about getting injured and sign five year contact with us as their insurance for their development. But if they are going to sit on the bench for 5 month, better to move on a free transfer signed in January.

Instead, we should offer both of them a five year contract and loan them out for 30-40 games this season, this will develop them the most and knowing they have five year contract is good for them too.

If they don't sign five year contracts, then we need to sell them immediately, no point benching them until they can leave for free.

They will get plenty of chances to play so why loan them out? It weakens our squad. If they feel they will have a chance to play I'm sure both will sign new contracts and I expect that to happen.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on August 03, 2021, 02:18:22 AM

They will get plenty of chances to play so why loan them out? It weakens our squad. If they feel they will have a chance to play I'm sure both will sign new contracts and I expect that to happen.

Why not let them develop at Fulham, they have come through the ranks on merit so far, why stop now.
If we had just signed them both for five million quid from Two Bob Rovers in the second Division of the Mongolian League. Some who want them shoved out on loan would be saying, what great signings they should be in the starting eleven.
Instead because they have come through the academy you are saying then farm them out to another team where they will be forgotten and then snapped up by another club, at the best that's tunnel vision, at the worst it is cobblers.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

They are not unknown quantities.
Why are some on here shying away from them playing regularly and trying to send them out on loan.
Ludicrous.
What we have seen from these 2 and cameo from Stansfield prevviously is GENUINE TALENT
Don't be afraid of it !
Why spend money on new tranfers and loans and mess around with Knock, Cavaleiro and a couple of others.

Silva will give these 3 'kids' a chance and we will (I believe) reap the rewards.

Enjoy them
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

RaySmith

I think these two players will feature strongly  in and around the first team this season - great  homegrown products.

The Rational Fan

They won't get any more minutes that Steven Sessegnon in 2019/20, which is not great for there development and won't get them signing a new contract. They will sit on the bench til January and sign with whoever offers the most.

JEEVES

Carvalho has a strong chance of being in the starting 11 this season.

Deeping_white

Players under the age of 23 aren't allowed to sign pre-contractual agreements, they'd have to get to the end of their contract before being able to negotiate with any other club.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 03, 2021, 08:44:24 AM
They won't get any more minutes that Steven Sessegnon in 2019/20, which is not great for there development and won't get them signing a new contract. They will sit on the bench til January and sign with whoever offers the most.

I hope you're wrong as they both show a lot of talent. For what it's worth I felt Sess deserved more game time back then, but he made some errors which cost him.

grandad

Francois & Carvalho are the breath of fresh air we need. They will become top players under Silva & not slogging it out in the lower leagues on loan.
Where there's a will there's a wife