https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Name your

Started by H4usuallysitting, August 02, 2021, 02:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spikey norman

Quote from: simplyfulham on August 02, 2021, 06:49:37 PM
An aged Gouda or a bit of Comte for me.
Love aged Gouda (Old Amsterdamer) and Roquefort.
Some of the Croatian hard cheeses from the islands are fantastic

glenhodgso

Ludlow Richard

Currently love Wrekin Blue but also extremely fond of Cashel Blue and Oxford Blue. Of harder cheeses, it has to be Swaledale.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on August 02, 2021, 05:40:37 PM
Well I live a short drive from the place so.... cheddar of course, the cave aged stuff is excellent.

I also enjoy a Port Salut.

Can you make a recommendation?

blingo

Lyle from Hangeland

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on August 02, 2021, 09:18:18 PM
Well I live a short drive from the place so.... cheddar of course, the cave aged stuff is excellent.

The easiest one to find is Wookey Hole Cave Aged - it's actually made in Dorset and then brought back up I think so not fully authentic but it is available in most supermarkets.

Or if you want the actual real deal here is a good place to start:  https://www.cheddaronline.co.uk/product/cave-matured-cheddar/

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on August 02, 2021, 09:41:11 PM

The easiest one to find is Wookey Hole Cave Aged - it's actually made in Dorset and then brought back up to Wookey Hole in Wells to age, I think so it's not exactly fully authentic but it is available in most supermarkets on the cheese aisle.

Or if you want the actual real deal here is a good place to start:  https://www.cheddaronline.co.uk/product/cave-matured-cheddar/

Like most things, we have slowly begun to get used to the mass produced supermarket slop (see sausages, bacon, seasonal veg etc) but if you can get hold of the authencitcally made stuff its like eating a different food entirely.

cottage expat

I can go for most cheeses but am particularly partial to a good Cheddar, Gouda, and Stilton. I also like to indulge occasionally in Limburger but am not allowed to bring it in the house and am banished to the garden to eat it.

Twig

I'm a sucker for good quality cheeses. I love some of the Alpine cheeses particularly Beaufort and a well aged Comte.  I think the UK is producing an increasingly good variety of artisan cheeses I particularly like St James ewe's milk and good old Keen's cheddar.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on August 02, 2021, 09:42:22 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on August 02, 2021, 09:41:11 PM

The easiest one to find is Wookey Hole Cave Aged - it's actually made in Dorset and then brought back up to Wookey Hole in Wells to age, I think so it's not exactly fully authentic but it is available in most supermarkets on the cheese aisle.

Like most things, we have slowly begun to get used to the mass produced supermarket slop (see sausages, bacon, seasonal veg etc) but if you can get hold of the authencitcally made stuff its like eating a different food entirely.

Many thanks