watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cavaleiro

Started by sarnian, August 03, 2021, 12:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarnian

Any idea what has happened to him, is he injured.  We all know about Kongolo, Cairney and Reed carrying injuries but nothing about Cavaleiro.

I know he can blow hot and cold but think that he needs to play Sunday to give a bit of pace as Mitro was lethargic for parts of last Saturdays  game.

Deeping_white

He was in the same boat as Rodak and Reed, had a knock so wasn't risked for the Charlton game. Believe he's expected back in time for the Boro game

We Are Premier League

I was thinking the same about Sess, i coudl be wrog but i havent seen him feature in any of the friendlies

blingo

Quote from: sarnian on August 03, 2021, 12:15:09 PM
Any idea what has happened to him, is he injured.  We all know about Kongolo, Cairney and Reed carrying injuries but nothing about Cavaleiro.

I know he can blow hot and cold but think that he needs to play Sunday to give a bit of pace as Mitro was lethargic for parts of last Saturdays  game.

You would seriously play him ahead of Mitro????????

MartyFFC

Quote from: blingo on August 03, 2021, 12:50:42 PM

Cavaleiro as a number 9; has to be a wind up surely.....

Twig

Quote from: MartyFFC on August 03, 2021, 12:58:46 PM

If that is the suggestion then it must be a wind up but I assumed the OP meant play him out wide?

Somerset Fulham

I read that as though we needed Cav's pace to compliment Mitro or supply him.

I could of course be completely wrong though.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: MartyFFC on August 03, 2021, 12:58:46 PM

Think we've found Scott Parker's FoF account!

sarnian

I meant in the OP that Cavaleiro play wide.  Cav is far quicker than Knock and his pace getting behind a defence with the correct service and cutting the ball back could benefit Mitro.  Hi

filham

Hard to remember Cav. blowing hot, lukewarm at the very best. I really think that after last season's shooting displays his place is on the bench for a while.
I see the front three on Sunday as Wilson/ Mitro /Reid.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: sarnian on August 03, 2021, 03:18:31 PM
I meant in the OP that Cavaleiro play wide.  Cav is far quicker than Knock and his pace getting behind a defence with the correct service and cutting the ball back could benefit Mitro.  Hi
If he's played on the left he won't often get behind the defence and  cross with his much weaker left foot.
That is based on what we have seen of him so far.
Although originally right footed Kebano seems to have mastered doing this.

@jolslover

Quote from: filham on August 03, 2021, 04:06:49 PM

Hard to remember Cav. blowing hot, lukewarm at the very best. I really think that after last season's shooting displays his place is on the bench for a while.

Won't happen. Reid only started training yesterday
STH H3

H4usuallysitting

Let's hope Boa's got hold of him

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: filham on August 03, 2021, 04:06:49 PM

Just watched the Wolves game against us when he was having a "good" season (March 2018).   For the life of me I can't see why we extended his contract.  He was doing similar things in that game that he's done with us.   Runs quite a bit (wasn't going to get past Ryan Fredericks in that game), drives in centrally from the left...looks to shoot first...

He's not BAD.   I just think he's ineffective with Mitro.   Hope I'm proven wrong this season.

Jims Dentist

Given his alleged wages and transfer fee ( to quote a former work colleague), it could be described as a F---ing Diabolical Balls Up)