more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anguissa

Started by Cookie6262, July 30, 2021, 07:17:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rock

Quote from: General on July 30, 2021, 08:57:00 AM
It's interesting as he was a key player for marseille when they got to the Europa league final which is and of itself should suggest he should be able to perform much more consistently at even premiership level. I think we've seen poor performances because he's not had a solid enough DM to play off or strikers to make most of his work. He seemed unmotivated in his first season, better last - hopefully we'll see a even better side now. He's clearly got class. One of jasper or carvalho said he was the most impressive player in training for his ability with the ball. It can be disheartening if you are the best and haven't always been as you want to be challenged.

Excellent post. Personally I am on two teams at the moment. One team is terrible and I am not effective. The other is class and my performance and contribution is impressive. The same can be said in all of football and think Anguissa has seen this fate in performances play out in similar fashion.

Carborundum

Quote from: The Rock on August 03, 2021, 02:08:07 PM
Quote from: General on July 30, 2021, 08:57:00 AM
It's interesting as he was a key player for marseille when they got to the Europa league final which is and of itself should suggest he should be able to perform much more consistently at even premiership level. I think we've seen poor performances because he's not had a solid enough DM to play off or strikers to make most of his work. He seemed unmotivated in his first season, better last - hopefully we'll see a even better side now. He's clearly got class. One of jasper or carvalho said he was the most impressive player in training for his ability with the ball. It can be disheartening if you are the best and haven't always been as you want to be challenged.

Excellent post. Personally I am on two teams at the moment. One team is terrible and I am not effective. The other is class and my performance and contribution is impressive. The same can be said in all of football and think Anguissa has seen this fate in performances play out in similar fashion.
Spot on.  At Marseilles he played in a double pivot with the excellent but ageing Luiz Gustavo.  Kind of a Danny and Dickson arrangement. 

Have barely seen Anguissa live.  More than a little curious to see what he does in moments when the camera wouldn't be on him. Some players are fantastic in that aspect of the game - KMac for us in recent memory. 

HV71

To me Anguissa is an enigma. In so many ways he has everything yet delivers little . His obvious talent is like water in your hands - so real but it escapes through your fingers and is wasted. I just do not understand - I can accept the languid style ( it isn't laziness) but I struggle that he seems incapable of getting hold of a-game and dictating it. Physically  - he is a man mountain that somehow disappears into the shadows . He delights and then makes me very angry. Does he think? Does he understand his own talent ? Hopefully Silva will unlock the potential that is there - but I wouldn't bet my house on it .

Andy S

I hope he stays at least until Silva has found his best 11. It could be that he is not required but I like him

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: HV71 on August 03, 2021, 10:01:22 PM
To me Anguissa is an enigma. In so many ways he has everything yet delivers little . His obvious talent is like water in your hands - so real but it escapes through your fingers and is wasted. I just do not understand - I can accept the languid style ( it isn't laziness) but I struggle that he seems incapable of getting hold of a-game and dictating it. Physically  - he is a man mountain that somehow disappears into the shadows . He delights and then makes me very angry. Does he think? Does he understand his own talent ? Hopefully Silva will unlock the potential that is there - but I wouldn't bet my house on it .

Spot on. My thoughts entirely, but you managed to put into words and on paper.

Milo

Needs to be used correctly ie as an attacking midfielder with two DMs behind him so that he has freedom and actively encouraged to dribble at defenders.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Andy S on August 03, 2021, 10:15:48 PM
I hope he stays at least until Silva has found his best 11. It could be that he is not required but I like him

Well said, Silva will take a few games to get us cohesive, hopefully Anguisssa can help as win without cohesion.

RaySmith

Quote from: HV71 on August 03, 2021, 10:01:22 PM

I did see him really show  his  qualities, along with RLC, in one game, home to Everton - when these two really showed all their strength and skill in taking hold of the game and  getting us  back in it, with RLC scoring, but sadly didn't really see this again, especially from RLC!

But, if that ability is there, maybe it can be unlocked, so that he can take every game by the scruff of the neck for sustained periods, as he does  now only for frustratingly short  periods,  and score and create the goals he seems well capable of.

perry geyton

From what I heard and know Marseille fans couldn't believe what we paid for him and were more then fine with him leaving especially for that kind of cash

As I mentioned previously I think a season in the championship could do him the world of good to unluck the potential that's buried deep within in him

I Ronic

I might be wrong but the transfer market doesn't seem that busy this time round. The club will no doubt have a price in mind that they would consider selling at. If no one matches that, he stays. If he and one or two others perform well up to Christmas, then it's likely we're at the right end of the table and other teams in higher leagues start taking an interest.
I think he's a very exiting player but Fulham may not be the perfect fit.

b+w geezer

Quote from: Milo on August 04, 2021, 02:01:25 AM
Needs to be used correctly ie as an attacking midfielder with two DMs behind him so that he has freedom and actively encouraged to dribble at defenders.
An attacking midfielder who never scores? (Ok, two career goals).  How will that pay off?

As for dribbling, he does that already -- one of the top metrics for 'take-ons' last season in the prem. But then what? (4 assists in 170 appearances in 3 countries).

If these and similar points occur to Fulham fans only, as for example in much of this thread, then all the better as he'll attract higher bids.