News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A Yellow card for us within 3 minutes...?

Started by AnotherVicHalomLoveChild, August 08, 2021, 01:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

Nothing like a posse to ride out and hang an innocent man on here.

Ronnief

From where I sat in the JH stand my view of the challenge was unobscured and that Mitro deserved the card and on another day could have been sent off for a deliberate and unnecessary challenge. The Ref was quite right to book him. It was a shame the Ref couldn't be more consistent and book more of the challenges made by Middlebrough.

JimOG

Quote from: Ronnief on August 09, 2021, 12:32:27 PM
From where I sat in the JH stand my view of the challenge was unobscured and that Mitro deserved the card and on another day could have been sent off for a deliberate and unnecessary challenge. The Ref was quite right to book him. It was a shame the Ref couldn't be more consistent and book more of the challenges made by Middlebrough.

Agree he deserved a yellow card. It was one of the features of yesterday's game for me the difference in applying standards in the Championship to the Premiership. Morsee's (sp?) rugby tackle on Carvalho would have been praised in S Africa but the ref saw no harm. I presumed they're all miked up but if so Stroud got little help from his linesman. The one on the Riverside failed to flag Bola's clear pull and collision with Fabio - a clear penalty - and the one on the other side ignored one of Boro's big man charging down the right wing leaving the ball to smash Robinson (I think) before continuing the play.

Were Boro the biggest team you've ever seen? Mitro is 6ft 2 but was dwarfed by their central defenders. Their centre forward who forearm smashed Ream in the back of the neck is 6ft 3 . Not a day for faint hearts and small players. Thought, given that, we dealt fairly well with their aerial threat but Gazza at 6ft 5 needs to have a greater presence