more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sorry, That was Disappointing!

Started by WindyCity, August 08, 2021, 03:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

Quote from: Tabby on August 08, 2021, 03:34:17 PM
Looked pretty good up until the goal, then I think the game was given away a bit by removing Francois and leaving the entire centre of midfield to Onomah.

My positives is mainly Francois, that Wilson looked dangerous and general movement. Onomah was also decent when he wasn't holding in the centre. Carvalho making very good runs.

I thought Francois was non existent

H4usuallysitting

With H Reed & another striker, we would have won easily....in fact with the starting 11 we should of won....we done everything but put a few goals away - early doors

AJW48361

blingo

Quote from: colinwhite on August 08, 2021, 03:52:33 PM
Good perfromance and Boro got lucky. Wilson very impressive and 2 young boys are quality . Give it time Silva will get there.Ream excellent today and to criticise that performance is beyond me.

+1

perry geyton

Not disappointing at all
Harrison Reed in that team and we are good too go

First game of the season

Was refreshing for me after watching 2 seasons of Parker football

blingo

Quote from: perry geyton on August 08, 2021, 05:10:51 PM
Not disappointing at all

First game of the season

Can't say I don't agree with the above Piri

junior white

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on August 08, 2021, 04:48:50 PM
Quote from: SuffolkWhite on August 08, 2021, 04:44:02 PM
Waaaaaaaaay too early to start the moaning, give ten games and see where we are and how we have played.

It is clearly never, ever too early for some.

We dominated, they scored from the one shot they had on target.  As soon as our finishers get up to speed, all will be well.
I would generally agree but we dominated games last year and said the same about or goalscorwers and it never happened. I am not normally one to feel downcast but Mitro looked very much like last season out there, i am really hoping it was just forst game and new tactic rustiness

Hopefully some of those coming back like Reed will change how we look, but we still need someone firing at the top end of the pitch

colinwhite

Quote from: Arthur on August 08, 2021, 04:02:05 PM
Quote from: colinwhite on August 08, 2021, 03:52:33 PM
...to criticise that performance is beyond me.

It's not a criticism to express the opinion that we need to produce better than that to be challenging at the top of the table. We didn't work the opposition goalkeeper anywhere near enough in my opinion. Wilson and Carvalho aside, the rest our midfielders and forwards did nothing to suggest that, were they playing for our opponents, we would be remarking how good they were.

I was talking about Reams performance (that wasnt clear I see ) but in all can we expect more from a new manager. People need patience and to get positive for achange.

itombomb

It was a poor last half hour, but the movement off the ball, inc runs in behind and people playing off each other, was night and day from what we did under Parker.

We got players to the byline 5 or 6 times as well and the final ball/movement wasn't working, that should come in time.

Definitely not great, but promising imo.

perry geyton

Quote from: blingo on August 08, 2021, 05:13:10 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on August 08, 2021, 05:10:51 PM
Not disappointing at all

First game of the season

Can't say I don't agree with the above Piri
Happy days Bongo

Fulham 442

Quote from: roberto w6 on August 08, 2021, 05:01:49 PM
First game of the season so I won't read too much into it but I was more positive walking down Fulham Palace Rd than I was walking back.

Overall, I was disappointed that we didn't seem to have much structure and the passing wasn't good enough. But new management trying to play a new system and he hasn't had much time to embed his ideas yet so we should all keep the faith.

Positives: I thought Ream was a rock in defence and led us well, Tete looked classy, Wilson showed signs that he could become a very special player for us but I just hope the referees (I thought today's standard was poor) give him protection as he will be targeted heavily. Carvalho and Francois showed great potential and did well to stand up to Warnock's predictable bullying tactics as they got more into the game.

Worries: I wasn't convinced by Gazzaniga - he looked nervy. Let's hope he'll look more assured once he's settled in. Mitro so needs to get one spectacular goal and 2 or 3 tap-ins to get his confidence back or I fear he'll have another poor season. Overall we lacked creativity and precision. We missed Harrison Reed a lot and hopefully his return will steady the ship and allow the others to be more creative. Wouldn't it have made sense to have Wilson and Kebano on the opposite wings and let them swap from time to time during the game.

Early days and let's hope we manage to get another couple of signings

COYW
Quote from: roberto w6 on August 08, 2021, 05:01:49 PM
First game of the season so I won't read too much into it but I was more positive walking down Fulham Palace Rd than I was walking back.

Overall, I was disappointed that we didn't seem to have much structure and the passing wasn't good enough. But new management trying to play a new system and he hasn't had much time to embed his ideas yet so we should all keep the faith.

Positives: I thought Ream was a rock in defence and led us well, Tete looked classy, Wilson showed signs that he could become a very special player for us but I just hope the referees (I thought today's standard was poor) give him protection as he will be targeted heavily. Carvalho and Francois showed great potential and did well to stand up to Warnock's predictable bullying tactics as they got more into the game.

Worries: I wasn't convinced by Gazzaniga - he looked nervy. Let's hope he'll look more assured once he's settled in. Mitro so needs to get one spectacular goal and 2 or 3 tap-ins to get his confidence back or I fear he'll have another poor season. Overall we lacked creativity and precision. We missed Harrison Reed a lot and hopefully his return will steady the ship and allow the others to be more creative. Wouldn't it have made sense to have Wilson and Kebano on the opposite wings and let them swap from time to time during the game.

Early days and let's hope we manage to get another couple of signings

COYW
A good summary although I thought Francois looked a bit lightweight.  I definitely agree about the keeper though!

Jim©

Some of the negative comments are slightly laughable. Good performance, should have been out of sight, boro had one (1) shot on target.

Fulham 442

Quote from: Jim© on August 08, 2021, 05:31:04 PM
Some of the negative comments are slightly laughable. Good performance, should have been out of sight, boro had one (1) shot on target.
Yes but we weren't out of sight were we Jim? We drew...

FFC1987

Don't get me wrong, I'm frustrated because we played well enough to win but we didn't. It's a consistent theme with us that we're very close to being at that next level be it mid table epl or an automatic championship side and I worry we're currently in that position again. No offence to Boro, but they aren't a good side and I think will struggle this year. So these home games we should be putting to the sword which we did performance wise, just not goals wise.

We'll see I suppose. I never really felt worried in that game apart from last 10 minutes and their goal came out of nothing but as we know, we don't have a solid enough defence to maintain full points even at home when we only score one. Let's hope the players injured come back strong and we really push on and make a proper go of automatic promotion. I still maintain a striker is needed though.

WindyCity

Sure, it was just first game of the season and many more to play.  Does that mean supporters just sit quietly and accepting of an underwhelming result?  Yes, most fans realize many more games to play to get team sorted.  But surely those same fans also realize that Every Game Counts.  There are no sacrificial games played just to arrange proper lineups going forward.  Truth is, that was 3 points for the taking.  Two points lost.  They all count........

Skatzoffc

Wilson looks good, plenty of goals in him I think.
Kids looked ok to me, especially Carvalho.
But a fit Harrison will replace Onomah/Francois and will make a big difference to our team resilience.

Another controlling Midfielder, (Grimes?), will help squad depth.
Ideally another striker to pressure Mitro. He is always a slow starter of the season tbf.
But if we don't get the ball to him more I dont see it helping.

Generally positive from me. So much more entertaining to watch.
I had become quite despondent during Parkerball and am pleased he is gone.

Tbh, I'd rather see us win/draw/lose playing attacking, exciting football, than see us win/draw/lose playing boring sideways crap.
As I always say, if you don't score you can't win!

COYW !
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

ashteadFFC

On balance a pretty good performance - but the not the result. That said a lot of positives to take from the game. Defensively we were pretty good. I thought the young guys in midfield did well - as did Onamah. Right side side with Tete and Wilson looks very promising - and great to see some crosses going into the box and quicker transitions into the final third. Need to be more clinical in front of goal - 16 shots and only 3 on target. I get the criticism of Mitro but I thought he was trying today and did hold up the ball ok. Desperately needs a goal to get his confidence up.

legana

We have better players all over the pitch and will have against pretty much every team we play against st this season but unless we apply ourselves for the full 90 mins+ every game and not just settle for being a goal up, it will be a much more difficult season that it needs to be.

filham

Disappointed. The bottom line is we dropped two valuable home points and , lets be realistic, we are going to meet better teams than Boro during the season and we need to score more than a solitary goal.
Yes Anguissa , Reed, and Cairney  were missing from midfield but the big question is why and how many games will they play for us out of the next 45.

WindyCity

Quote from: Skatzoffc on August 08, 2021, 05:52:48 PM
Tbh, I'd rather see us win/draw/lose playing attacking, exciting football, than see us win/draw/lose playing boring sideways crap.
As I always say, if you don't score you can't win!
COYW !

I'll take wins any which way they can be achieved, attacking, boring, forwards, backwards, I really don't care.  Just show three points!