more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sorry, That was Disappointing!

Started by WindyCity, August 08, 2021, 03:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 08, 2021, 10:17:22 PM
How anyone can criticise Ream and give Mitrovic a pass on todays performance is beyond me. That's some gold medal mental gymnastics to justify that one.

Yep. Mitrovic did absolutely nothing. Ream was pretty composed. We didn't create enough but TC and Reid, arguably our two best CMs are out injured. We will look a lot better with them back and a new striker
I was there, standing in the Putney end

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

First game back and already the negative nancies are back on this board, moaning about how we didn't win.

First. Game. Back.

First game people. The very first competitive game with a new manager.

I repeat, THE FIRST GAME!!

Seriously, this board mashes up my swede when it's like this.

Somerset Fulham

Most of them were crying last week because we didn't smash Charlton. In. A. Friendly.  064.gif

The responses today don't surprise me, sadly.

Blawarmy

Better hurry up and sell those that want to leave asap so we can bring in some reinforcements

General

Quote from: ALG01 on August 08, 2021, 10:20:33 PM
some interetsing points and some way to rose couloured fiction.
Truth is we have all the same issues we have had for the last five years.
we do not have a proper forward line and we do not have a tough guy in midfield
i lke wilson, very good, i like young cav, but otherwise we suffer the same third rate man at the top that cannot understand we need a proper squad, not rosta,  squad Billy. and the fact the khans cannot even manage the correct terminology or get tickets sent out in time for the first day of th season speaks volumes as to what is wrong and continues to be wrong
they fell out with slav, they undermined and fell out with scott. how long before silva says the squad is oinadequate and expects signings in january if we are to get anywhere only to find they spectaculalrly fail to materialse as our season stutters.

one game in and we have a misfiring center forward that managed to get biooked in a few moments and no repacement on the bench except for players most people have not thought were good enough for a  few seasons.

personally I had to stay ho,me today and watch on sky because of a family issue and failed to understand how the commentators kept saying how good we were. i never saw their keeper tested that often. we will only move on once we get  proper recriuitment, but hey i know some people think the khan;s are the best thing since sliced bread and we need to get them their own song, but i think failing to get me my season  ticket before the first game is amateurish. what i saw today dod not really inspire.

Agreed.

Snibbo

Quote from: colinwhite on August 08, 2021, 03:52:33 PM
Good perfromance and Boro got lucky. Wilson very impressive and 2 young boys are quality . Give it time Silva will get there.Ream excellent today and to criticise that performance is beyond me.
:plus one:

MickTheBeard

The new goal scorer from Liverpool was good and ,teti and ream.Goalkeeper who was a Tony signing (punches )above his weight.mitro was awful,please stop saying kabano is good,he has stolen a living for

5years.That was the best game I've seen frank and seri play,I believe talbot is director of scouting,can't wait for more fonts and kamara showing their quality.The 2 young boys should have come off earlier they took a bashing 2nd half

MartyFFC

Thought Ream looked accomplished today. Seemed like his new man-bun was helping him to channel his inner Sergio Ramos

Pluto

Ream was literally our best player and didn't put a foot wrong all game.

S.F.Sorrow

Good performance, disappointing result.

Positives: Wilson was our best player by far, excellent signing. Gazzaniga looks like a good singing too (although I had personally hoped to see Rodak in the starting 11). Carvalho wasn't quite as impressive as in pre-season but he still looks like he's ready to play a part. Tete was a class above most Championship fullbacks. Ream looked sharper than ever but he needs to be careful with his forward runs. They make us extremely vulnerable to counter attacks. He is too slow to get back in position when we lose possession. Warnock clearly knew this and had instructed his players to invite Ream forward. This will cost us points (like it has in the past) unless Ream is more careful. His distribution was also poor at times. Apart from this I was very positively surprised by his performance.

Negatives: Robinson was very poor, out worst player by far. Kebano also had a poor game and I had expected more from him. Francois doesn't look ready to be a regular first team starter yet. Mitro didn't get the service he needs but he hasn't been on fire for over a year now. Hopefully he can get a couple of goals soon to turn this around but we desperately need another (preferably more mobile) striker.

The rest were more or less as expected: Above average Championship players that can certainly get us promoted if we strengthen our weakest positions.

We desperately need a striker and at least one CM (two if Anguissa is sold). That's the bare minimum. I personally think we need a CB too because I don't think we can rely on Mawson/Kongolo. Ream surprised me today but one good game isn't enough to convince me he can play a full season without reverting to his old error prone self. Tosin is ok but a bit overrated IMO and the rest are simply not good enough.

I'm actually more optimistic now than before the game. We played some very nice football against a tough Warnock side and it's still early days for Silva. The transfer window is still open and I'm sure the club knows what to do.

Maidstone Lee

I think we made our subs too late in the day, Warnock got his on the pitch early doors and they grew into that second half, disrupted how we play a bit.

Good team performance I thought with some promising signs, looked visibly shaken after their equaliser. Needed to kill the game off early in the second half. Some good displays yesterday and some less so (Mitro & Robinson unfortunately).

Onto Huddersfield. 
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

bigalffc

I was disappointed in the result, but saw enough promising signs yesterday. We Made good use of wide areas particularly with Tête and Wilson on the right. I wonder if Joe Bryan could be a better choice than Robinson or use him in front of Robinson. The big miss was in midfield we need Harrison back ASAP and I hope TC gets fit soon.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: bigalffc on August 09, 2021, 10:49:39 AM
I was disappointed in the result, but saw enough promising signs yesterday. We Made good use of wide areas particularly with Tête and Wilson on the right. I wonder if Joe Bryan could be a better choice than Robinson or use him in front of Robinson. The big miss was in midfield we need Harrison back ASAP and I hope TC gets fit soon.

We had little to no attacking play/chances from the left hand side, agree about Bryan. Hopefully Reed will be back for the Huddersfield game.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Bill2

Thought for 75 minutes we were the only team in it, but then it all went pear shaped. We started giving away silly fouls in our half allowing Boro to launch free kicks to the No 25. We started giving away the ball in the middle of the park with some poor passing, thought Josh was the main culprit here but it could have been down to getting tired as he did put in a good shift up to then.
The Boro goal was down to some sloppy defending where we failed to put our laces through the ball.
Thought the defence were apart form the goal pretty good. Robinson got bullied but did some good chasing down showing his pace, Kenny was excellent showing his pace and tenacity, he does like a challenge. Tim Ream and Tosin were good especially in bringing the ball out just needed to get the wide players in position quicker. I liked Wilson who showed how quick he is with chasing down some over the top balls.
One criticism is the lack of height, Wilson, Fabio and Francois are all a bit on the small side.
Thought Kamara was like the proverbial headless chicken for the short time he was on.

toshes mate

There were some encouraging signs of understanding between players alongside some breakdowns of same, and the movement of the ball had more purpose in one game than in a month of last season's games.   I thought the negativity of the last two years would take a while to recede in players' minds as they get their freedoms back under Silva and that, in part, is why we conceded when we did.   I thought the youngsters were excellent on the whole but both flanks still need some work as I believe they can be much better and sharper than that. 

It was a promising performance overall, although it was disappointing conceding a goal through a series of errors after having dominated the game for so long.   It seems that Parker's negativity has had a mental impact on some supporters because I remain absolutely optimistic this is a squad that can successfully entertain us in the best possible way. 

fulhamfever

WOW after 1 game you lot are all out criticism. 

ALG01

Quote from: fulhamfever on August 09, 2021, 12:54:17 PM

With all the respect in the world. It isn't one match is it? It is several years of repeating the same issues that have just not been addressed and seen the two previous managers fall out with the owner and his son. The squad reamians wrong as it has for too many years bvecause we have a fundamental ,management of the club issue. Come christmas the team manager will say we need players, the owners will say we will support him and come 1st feb we will not ahve recruited anyone worthwhile. as it is we heard grimes was coming anbd he isn't here, muniz? not here, not even signed.. and uncle tom cobbly and all, none who I expect to see.

In each of the last few seasons we have seen the squad, not rosta, assmebled too late without addressing fundamentals. Butr the Khan's sure do know how to get goalkeepers, shame we doidn't really need another one.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: ALG01 on August 09, 2021, 01:31:22 PM

With all the respect in the world. It isn't one match is it? It is several years of repeating the same issues that have just not been addressed and seen the two previous managers fall out with the owner and his son. The squad reamians wrong as it has for too many years bvecause we have a fundamental ,management of the club issue. Come christmas the team manager will say we need players, the owners will say we will support him and come 1st feb we will not ahve recruited anyone worthwhile. as it is we heard grimes was coming anbd he isn't here, muniz? not here, not even signed.. and uncle tom cobbly and all, none who I expect to see.

In each of the last few seasons we have seen the squad, not rosta, assmebled too late without addressing fundamentals. Butr the Khan's sure do know how to get goalkeepers, shame we doidn't really need another one.

So, realistically, what's did you want them to do with new players and a new manager, in a new league? Win 10-0?  We battered them for 75 minutes. We drew, we didn't lose.
It's the first game of the new season.

Lordedmundo

Let's assess the manager (and players) after 7-8 games. We will be then at least have some idea whether Silva's approach is going to work for us.

On the whole it was a good performance against a team that will almost certainly challenging for the top six this season. Playing a Warnock team is always tough, but they had the continuity from being in the same division as last season, along with their manager's tactical nous and of course shithousery. For some reason his antics on the touchline seem to influence the match officials in his teams favour more often than the other way round.

My concerns for this season are the same as they have been for the past few seasons - as a team we seem to play in an inhibited way and are just not clinical enough.  It is not a lack of quality as such, just no killer instinct or hunger to win at all costs.  To some extent it is perhaps a lack of leadership on the pitch, so I hope that Grimes (if he comes in) can provide that.

ALG01

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on August 09, 2021, 01:47:09 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on August 09, 2021, 01:31:22 PM

So, realistically, what's did you want them to do with new players and a new manager, in a new league? Win 10-0?  We battered them for 75 minutes. We drew, we didn't lose.
It's the first game of the new season.

realistically i thought being relegated in april, if we were getting a new manager then he would have been here on day one of pre season, even a week before would have been better and he was not got till after that. I expected that by the second week of july we would have assembled  the squad that was needed and we have not.
We continue to have mitro as our only striker and it is not clear what form he is in. We have no physical prescence in the centre of midfield, reed will help but he is hardly a big ugly enforcer and all teams need such a player. I suspect silva will be a breath of fresh air in terms of tactics but he will become disillusioned with the owners in Feburary for not supporting him in January. The squad remains unbalanced as it has for several years. It should have been stronger by now. No lessons learned

And as far as yesterday was concerned we played well for 75 minutes, got up the pitch quickly and that was refreshing but barely troubled their keeper.

as a suggestion you could read my post again. my issue is that a single game is not in question, it never is, I am worried history is about to repeat namely a good manager being undermined/not supported.