more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sorry, That was Disappointing!

Started by WindyCity, August 08, 2021, 03:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skatzoffc

Quote from: toshes mate on August 09, 2021, 11:37:09 AM
There were some encouraging signs of understanding between players alongside some breakdowns of same, and the movement of the ball had more purpose in one game than in a month of last season's games.   I thought the negativity of the last two years would take a while to recede in players' minds as they get their freedoms back under Silva and that, in part, is why we conceded when we did.   I thought the youngsters were excellent on the whole but both flanks still need some work as I believe they can be much better and sharper than that. 

It was a promising performance overall, although it was disappointing conceding a goal through a series of errors after having dominated the game for so long.   It seems that Parker's negativity has had a mental impact on some supporters because I remain absolutely optimistic this is a squad that can successfully entertain us in the best possible way. 

:plus one:
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

toshes mate

Quote from: ALG01 on August 09, 2021, 04:25:57 PM
Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on August 09, 2021, 01:47:09 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on August 09, 2021, 01:31:22 PM
Quote from: fulhamfever on August 09, 2021, 12:54:17 PM
WOW after 1 game you lot are all out criticism.

With all the respect in the world. It isn't one match is it? It is several years of repeating the same issues that have just not been addressed and seen the two previous managers fall out with the owner and his son. The squad reamians wrong as it has for too many years bvecause we have a fundamental ,management of the club issue. Come christmas the team manager will say we need players, the owners will say we will support him and come 1st feb we will not ahve recruited anyone worthwhile. as it is we heard grimes was coming anbd he isn't here, muniz? not here, not even signed.. and uncle tom cobbly and all, none who I expect to see.

In each of the last few seasons we have seen the squad, not rosta, assmebled too late without addressing fundamentals. Butr the Khan's sure do know how to get goalkeepers, shame we doidn't really need another one.

So, realistically, what's did you want them to do with new players and a new manager, in a new league? Win 10-0?  We battered them for 75 minutes. We drew, we didn't lose.
It's the first game of the new season.

realistically i thought being relegated in april, if we were getting a new manager then he would have been here on day one of pre season, even a week before would have been better and he was not got till after that. I expected that by the second week of july we would have assembled  the squad that was needed and we have not.
We continue to have mitro as our only striker and it is not clear what form he is in. We have no physical prescence in the centre of midfield, reed will help but he is hardly a big ugly enforcer and all teams need such a player. I suspect silva will be a breath of fresh air in terms of tactics but he will become disillusioned with the owners in Feburary for not supporting him in January. The squad remains unbalanced as it has for several years. It should have been stronger by now. No lessons learned

And as far as yesterday was concerned we played well for 75 minutes, got up the pitch quickly and that was refreshing but barely troubled their keeper.

as a suggestion you could read my post again. my issue is that a single game is not in question, it never is, I am worried history is about to repeat namely a good manager being undermined/not supported.
I do understand where you are coming from, ALG01, but I would take your memory back to Jokanovic who is an excellent manager and was totally ignored by TK and CK so far as recruitment at FFC was concerned.  It didn't stop him finishing the Dhampionship seasons in the play offs and getting promotion second time.  A good manager can work with what they have and the first rule of observation is not to have preconceived ideas of what a good club would/should do when you know it hasn't behaved like a 'good club' for quite a long time.  Let's give MS a chance to prove he will be worthy of mention in the same breath as SJ when we chat about the Khan era in future times.  Whether or not Khan Junior has changed his spots remains to be seen.

bobby01

It is pointless trying to reason with alg, every post whatever the title is converted into anti Khan by him, stand to big was the classic.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

ALG01

Quote from: toshes mate on August 10, 2021, 09:10:15 AM
Quote from: ALG01 on August 09, 2021, 04:25:57 PM
Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on August 09, 2021, 01:47:09 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on August 09, 2021, 01:31:22 PM

With all the respect in the world. It isn't one match is it? It is several years of repeating the same issues that have just not been addressed and seen the two previous managers fall out with the owner and his son. The squad reamians wrong as it has for too many years bvecause we have a fundamental ,management of the club issue. Come christmas the team manager will say we need players, the owners will say we will support him and come 1st feb we will not ahve recruited anyone worthwhile. as it is we heard grimes was coming anbd he isn't here, muniz? not here, not even signed.. and uncle tom cobbly and all, none who I expect to see.

In each of the last few seasons we have seen the squad, not rosta, assmebled too late without addressing fundamentals. Butr the Khan's sure do know how to get goalkeepers, shame we doidn't really need another one.

So, realistically, what's did you want them to do with new players and a new manager, in a new league? Win 10-0?  We battered them for 75 minutes. We drew, we didn't lose.
It's the first game of the new season.

realistically i thought being relegated in april, if we were getting a new manager then he would have been here on day one of pre season, even a week before would have been better and he was not got till after that. I expected that by the second week of july we would have assembled  the squad that was needed and we have not.
We continue to have mitro as our only striker and it is not clear what form he is in. We have no physical prescence in the centre of midfield, reed will help but he is hardly a big ugly enforcer and all teams need such a player. I suspect silva will be a breath of fresh air in terms of tactics but he will become disillusioned with the owners in Feburary for not supporting him in January. The squad remains unbalanced as it has for several years. It should have been stronger by now. No lessons learned

And as far as yesterday was concerned we played well for 75 minutes, got up the pitch quickly and that was refreshing but barely troubled their keeper.

as a suggestion you could read my post again. my issue is that a single game is not in question, it never is, I am worried history is about to repeat namely a good manager being undermined/not supported.
I do understand where you are coming from, ALG01, but I would take your memory back to Jokanovic who is an excellent manager and was totally ignored by TK and CK so far as recruitment at FFC was concerned.  It didn't stop him finishing the Dhampionship seasons in the play offs and getting promotion second time.  A good manager can work with what they have and the first rule of observation is not to have preconceived ideas of what a good club would/should do when you know it hasn't behaved like a 'good club' for quite a long time.  Let's give MS a chance to prove he will be worthy of mention in the same breath as SJ when we chat about the Khan era in future times.  Whether or not Khan Junior has changed his spots remains to be seen.

yup, I think what you say is a good way of looking at it and so far, I did say somewhere (not sure where now), that it seemed like a breath of fresh air with silva's approach. the counter attack was very quick and that makes for excitment.
My issue, as you know is that I cannot see that lessons have been learned at the higher level but as usual i am looking forward to the new season and hope springs eternal and all that!

WindyCity

Nothing wrong with constructive criticism and disappointment.  Every game counts, some forget.  What is very frustrating is that we've seen this picture before.  Possession, domination, yada yada yada, with no finished product in final third.  Tough two points dropped at home.  75 minutes does not FT make.  Lots of rationalization going on in this thread.....when we get back certain players, only first game, some positives (which there were), window still open to bring in help, great for 75 minutes, blah, blah, blah......

COYW!!