Started by Peabody, August 09, 2021, 12:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Kelly

Quote from: Craven Mad on August 09, 2021, 01:02:59 PM
Best RB we had since Reither, IMO
Forgot about him. Time flies.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

fancyfeet4

I am not winding anyone up.  Tete hustles every game and is strong defensively, but he is really poor going forward.  His body control and end product are lacking.

Robinson is left open so much for a reason.  For someone who gets in as good of positions as he does, the end product is again lacking.  To be a top level player, you have to be a two way player at outside back. 

In the Championship I would imagine both do very well and our defense will be strong.  But my initial response was about other teams coming to get him and I just dont think he is as good as people on this MB think.  He isnt good enough going forward for a team to spend money on him.  That was my point. 

My response is this?  What team could he start at RB in the PL?  And I bet the ones you list it would be a marginal improvement.  Teams at the bottom of the PL arent investing their minimal funds on a marginal upgrade at RB.

Jims Dentist

Tete looked good last season when fit.
If he stays ( and stays fit) he will be a standout player in The Championship.

Twig

I like Tete and I do think he has the makings of a Prem level RB.  On the left side I don't think Robinson offers much apart from sheer pace, I'd certainly like to see Joe Bryan given a decent run. I reckon Mitro would like that!

simplyfulham

Quote from: fancyfeet4 on August 09, 2021, 10:03:42 PM
I watched almost every game last year and Saturday.  He is someone who relies on hard work and struggles on the ball and especially with his crosses.  If you look at the PL, how many RBs would he start over?  Maybe 2-3.  In the Championship he is great, but people are talking like he would start at RB for many teams.  I just dont see it.  He is perfect for where we are and isnt a player that hurts us week to week.  I just dont think he is as much of a positive as people make him out to be. 

He started 18 games last year and had 1 assist.  His accurate crosses was at 32% (FotMob advanced stats from last season).  For me he doesnt pass the eye test or the stats test for me. 

Quote from: General on August 09, 2021, 08:52:02 PM
Quote from: fancyfeet4 on August 09, 2021, 07:49:05 PM
For me Tete is someone who works extremely hard, but his end product is typically disappointing.  At a higher level, you need better service.  I think teams havent looked at him is that there are just better options.  Last year his service always left me disappointed.

His work on the defensive end is second to none and I get why he seems to be popular on this MB.  He gives it his all and is easy to root for.  But in the end, you need to have it both forward and on the defensive end to be considered at top RB or someone that a team would want. 

On the other side of the field I dont get the appeal with Robinson.  Another negative going forward and I cant believe Joe Bryan cant play over him.  I get he lacks the athleticism, but my goodness is Robinson void of any real skill at this level.  I do prefer Tete over Robinson (if I had to pick one or the other)

Don't agree at all. What are you comparing that to? He's normally very reliable in one on one defensive situations and whilst not perfect knows how to weight crosses and find that extra bit of space to get them in. Compared to a lot of our previous Rbs he's head and shoulders above anything we've had since at least the khan's have been owners.

Mate, all due respect but this opinion is miles off.

Let's start with the numbers. 32% accurate crosses is massive.

The best in league was Kalvin Phillips 29 crosses/37%.

Pascal Gross played the most crosses 67 crosses/30%.

So to hit 32% is a pretty excellent ratio quite frankly. Even Trent, who is lauded for his bombing on and getting crosses in the box only managed 23%.

It's his running off the ball that was key in creating chances. It was his overlap that created the goal on Saturday for crying out loud. To say he's not good going forward and to pick out that, frankly, superb crossing numbers as a negative...
I mean give me a break

Deeping_white

Quote from: fancyfeet4 on August 10, 2021, 09:25:45 PM

In the Championship I would imagine both do very well and our defense will be strong.  But my initial response was about other teams coming to get him and I just dont think he is as good as people on this MB think.  He isnt good enough going forward for a team to spend money on him.  That was my point. 

I will try and find the graph showing it but statistically last season the only full back with a better all round output for attacking and defensive contribution was Joao Cancelo and he cost Man City £40m so he was in quite illustrious company. He's absolutely good enough at PL level and we're lucky that nobody has tried to buy him yet because we need him to try and get us up this year and consolidate next year

Edit: link to tweet - ?s=21