watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitro,,enough..

Started by ex-Pat, August 10, 2021, 02:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ex-Pat

Just watched 90 minute replay, he offers absolutely nothing and there is no chance to get him sold on nobody wants him,shame he got us promoted two seasons ago.

PaulJ123

He's just not that effective anymore, not sure what's happened to him.

He just doesn't really have any positive impact on the game, his hold up play has abandoned him it feels like which is his main strength.

The crosses coming in will benefit him though so fingers crossed he comes good. That said, if someone offered £20m for him, I'd be tempted.

EDIT: I'm an idiot.

blingo

I'll have two of whatever it is you guys are drinking. We turned DOWN a £16m bid for him. Nothing else to add really, let's see how he performs over the next few matches and I think you will end up eating your words.

FFC1987

I didn't rate his performance, but it's one game this season. Let's calm down a little.

It's one thing to criticise a performance, it's another to completely write someone off. He's been suspect for a while now, I admit, but championship should be his bread and butter, particularly in a team as good as ours. If after 8-10 games, he's not scoring goals, the writings on the wall and he'll need some help in the goals department from elsewhere.

H4usuallysitting

Give him the service - he'll get goals....once he gets goals, his hold up play will improve.....he probably needs half a dozen game's to settle in again

FFC1987

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on August 10, 2021, 02:48:31 PM
Give him the service - he'll get goals....once he gets goals, his hold up play will improve.....he probably needs half a dozen game's to settle in again

I'd argue he's had some service and he's not finishing or getting himself in the right positions enough to get those chances but we'll see I guess.

MartyFFC

He was dropped for half of last season and whenever he did play, he had literally zero service; owing to Parker's fixation with rolling the ball sideways in our own half. The season before he won the golden boot, and so I think it's a bit premature to be judging him after just one game under Silva. He'll get 20+ goals assuming he stays fit....

Woolly Mammoth

Time will tell and how long do you wait as this has been ongoing for quite a long time.
The other concerns for me is that he never seems to create space for himself or for any of the other players.
There seems to be no attempt to drag defenders out of position, he seems even more static than ever.
Nevertheless, there are another 45 matches to go so he has the opportunity to bounce back, but currently he is more a passenger and he shouldn't be if Fulham have aspirations to challenge for promotion. It is a bit of a mystery how he has lost his timing and first touch as well as opposing defenders dealing with any threat he posses by neutralising him.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Blawarmy

Since he missed that penalty against Scotland it's destroyed him

Herbie

Quote from: ex-Pat on August 10, 2021, 02:29:09 PM
Just watched 90 minute replay, he offers absolutely nothing and there is no chance to get him sold on nobody wants him,shame he got us promoted two seasons ago.

"Offers absolutely nothing"... "nobody wants him".

Is this fishing for responses? 

I agree he's out of form at the moment, but he is by no means a lost cause.  The statements made are unwarranted in my opinion.

colinwhite

Mitro will come good. He has been poor for quite a while ,but he will turn it around.

FFC1987

Quote from: colinwhite on August 10, 2021, 03:27:08 PM
Mitro will come good. He has been poor for quite a while ,but he will turn it around.

This. And if it doesn't, it sounds like we have a new striker incoming. Personally, I think a part of fulham's downfall over recent years has always been the lack of options up top. SO would be nice to see 2-3 options up front.

Jamie88

I personally feel the whole 'zero service' thing is wearing a bit thin. Yes, many times last season we failed to create a lot for him, but that was not true for 100% of the season. I feel that the reason is he is suddenly lacking that little bit of endeavour he once had, for one reason or another. There have been many times since his dip in form whereby because a ball has not been planted directly in the centre of his forehead or directly to his feet, he fails to even make an attempt at it.

He has never been the quickest but that would be fine if he could still hold the ball up, but even then I feel he has been poor with the ball at his feet and has given away possession a fair bit.

However, he has scored a bundle of goals in both our recent Championship campaigns and I wouldn't write him off, but it seems Silva has a bit of work to help him rediscover what it was he has seemingly lost.

Lordedmundo

Quote from: Jamie88 on August 10, 2021, 03:31:04 PM
I personally feel the whole 'zero service' thing is wearing a bit thin. Yes, many times last season we failed to create a lot for him, but that was not true for 100% of the season. I feel that the reason is he is suddenly lacking that little bit of endeavour he once had, for one reason or another. There have been many times since his dip in form whereby because a ball has not been planted directly in the centre of his forehead or directly to his feet, he fails to even make an attempt at it.

He has never been the quickest but that would be fine if he could still hold the ball up, but even then I feel he has been poor with the ball at his feet and has given away possession a fair bit.

However, he has scored a bundle of goals in both our recent Championship campaigns and I wouldn't write him off, but it seems Silva has a bit of work to help him rediscover what it was he has seemingly lost.

This is exactly how I see it. The good news is that he does appear to have lost a lot of weight. So, with a new manager (who supposedly rates him highly) - he will surely be supported in trying to get back to his best form.  My worry is that he is way off at the moment - and if we keep failing to kill teams off, then our automatic promotion aspirations will be in jeopardy...

bigalffc

We know he can do the job, so it must be worth Silva working with him to get back to old form.Confidence will play a part, maybe once the first goal goes in he'll storm it. I really hope so.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

..FOF..

A genuine competition for the striker spot hopefully will provide more ammunizion up front.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 10, 2021, 02:59:53 PM
Time will tell and how long do you wait as this has been ongoing for quite a long time.
The other concerns for me is that he never seems to create space for himself or for any of the other players.
There seems to be no attempt to drag defenders out of position, he seems even more static than ever.
Nevertheless, there are another 45 matches to go so he has the opportunity to bounce back, but currently he is more a passenger and he shouldn't be if Fulham have aspirations to challenge for promotion. It is a bit of a mystery how he has lost his timing and first touch as well as opposing defenders dealing with any threat he posses by neutralising him.

Spot on to what I was going to type.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

bog

Quote from: Blawarmy on August 10, 2021, 03:08:26 PM

That is understandable.

Finnans Right Peg

[qu

ote author=bog link=topic=82588.msg1267770#msg1267770 date=1628608967]
Quote from: Blawarmy on August 10, 2021, 03:08:26 PM

That is understandable.
[/quote]

PARKER destroyed him he went away for Serbia and scored a few crakers then came back scored against villa to put us 1 up and then parker dropped him again

General

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on August 10, 2021, 02:48:31 PM

+1 , his opportunities were few and far between and with mitro you've always got the possibility of scoring, he may in the OPs opinion not have done much but even then he forced one or two important saves from the goalkeeper that if they hadn't saved would've completely changed the dynamic.

I personally think mitro is a great player for us and particularly at this level and adds more than just scoring goals, he set up quite a few last season when he did play, I think he needs more time and deserves more - he was completely blind sided by Scott Parker last season who despite not having a tram that scored goals refused to play Mitrovic, which will almost definitely have caused a bust up behind the scenes and knocked mitros confidence. I also think when it comes to providing service to him and our strikers in general the quality has been particularly poor. People mentioned time and again how poor Robinsons final ball is.