Started by ex-Pat, August 10, 2021, 02:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deeping_white

Quote from: winterline on September 05, 2021, 03:56:34 AM
Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on September 05, 2021, 03:03:10 AM
Quote from: winterline on September 05, 2021, 01:37:00 AM

bad bruise imo, hopefully nothing broken

I hope you are a medical professional!

Stating ones opinion in no way makes it a medical one...(facepalm) I even said less than Deeping_white... (double facepalm)

Serbia have confirmed he's fit for the Ireland game on Tuesday so everything is fine :)

Twig

Quote from: junior white on September 05, 2021, 07:50:32 AM
Quote from: General on September 04, 2021, 08:58:20 PM
Quote from: St Eve on September 04, 2021, 08:50:54 PM
Now he has gone and scored 2 goals for Serbia. He just is t good enough!

I think the OP must be young. Such impulsive and short term thinking. After 25+ years you don't get rid of a player of mitros ability just because he wasn't played by a previous manager who was, as managers go, pretty poor and one track minded.
Don't think it was an age thing, there were a lot on this board last year very frustrated at his performances and they voiced that opinion. His loss of form, the miss in the penalty shoot out and the rumoured disagreement (I say rumoured as I have no inside info) with SP all happening around the same time, affected him badly it would seem.

He wasn't the same player, thankfully this year MS has rejuvenated him and his confidence has come back which is something we needed as we have no one else who can score goals in the championship like he does. To buy that now your looking at north of 25 million.

MItro is back we should all be happy rather than lingering on a post and having a go (justified or not) when a hell of a. Lot as I say said similar things last season

I agree that it's time to drop this thread, absolutely.  However, I don't think many on here were ever being as extreme as the OP; "he offers absolutely nothing and there is no chance to get him sold on nobody wants him,shame he got us promoted two seasons ago".

St Eve

Oh now he has scored again and again and again. A hatrick in the first half.

Skatzoffc

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Yossarian22

If only we had a decent striker.

Twig

Expat completely wrote off Motro and still posts along the lines of "play anyone other than Cairney". The former is the division's leading goal scorer (plus multiple assists), the latter since his return has the most assists per minute played from our squad this season. He needs to just come on here and admit two huge misjudgements.

Mr K.Dilkington

Classic post this one...
Foolish ham

colinwhite

The big difference for me ,and I was always sure he would turn his lack of form around, is that he has developed as a player under silva. His all round play fitness ,speed ,movement and assist play has come on enormously this year . long may it continue !!

bencher

Didn't he also have Covid (one of the original variants) which must have had some effect on him last season?
Whatever it was, he is an absolute G-d this year.

blingo

Funny how he has "developed" under Silva, scores loads for his country, but was considered useless under Parker.

colinwhite

Quote from: blingo on January 17, 2022, 05:08:39 PM
Funny how he has "developed" under Silva, scores loads for his country, but was considered useless under Parker.

Well he has Blingo. Obviously parkers strategy di not suit Mitro ,but his movement and general play is better now than ever,and that includes how he played under Jokanovic in my opinion.
All good players keep developing by the way ,and Mitro I think has taken a big step forward. I hope and believe that he will show next year that he is more than good enough for the premier league.

blingo

He scored 11 in the prem in a team that was not as good as this one is. So he won't have any problems. In fact, I think he's a 15-20 goal striker at the top level.

colinwhite

Quote from: blingo on January 17, 2022, 05:50:03 PM
He scored 11 in the prem in a team that was not as good as this one is. So he won't have any problems. In fact, I think he's a 15-20 goal striker at the top level.

I agree 100 per cent

St Eve

Expat really knows his stuff. So vocal last season and obviously very astute

blingo

Quote from: St Eve on January 17, 2022, 06:50:32 PM
Expat really knows his stuff. So vocal last season and obviously very astute

Hahahaha

rebel

My posts have been 'vindicated'. His body language is a man possessed, totally up for the challenge, giving feed back to the players around him.

St Eve

Quote from: rebel on January 17, 2022, 07:34:27 PM
My posts have been 'vindicated'. His body language is a man possessed, totally up for the challenge, giving feed back to the players around him.
Definitely

Twig

Quote from: colinwhite on January 17, 2022, 05:26:02 PM
Quote from: blingo on January 17, 2022, 05:08:39 PM

Well he has Blingo. Obviously parkers strategy di not suit Mitro ,but his movement and general play is better now than ever,and that includes how he played under Jokanovic in my opinion.
All good players keep developing by the way ,and Mitro I think has taken a big step forward. I hope and believe that he will show next year that he is more than good enough for the premier league.

I'm not sure he has exactly developed under Silva, his international form shows he always had it in him, I do however think he has prospered under Silva whose preferred style and team set up suit him far better. Just one example; when Mitro drops deep this season it is with a clear purpose, last season when he dropped deep he looked lost.