watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Brentford

Started by shepperton white, August 13, 2021, 06:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Congratulations to Brentford, it is always good to see a small team give one of the top six a good hiding.
We have to ask the question why are Brentford doing so well while we are struggling in a lower league.
They have a smaller ground, smaller fan base, no big financial backer and no academy.

Dunstable Fulham

I said on here back in June that I thought they would make a much better fist of it than we did last year and although it's very early days I think it's clear to say they will win games and score goals. Whether that is enough to keep them up - it's difficult to tell.
It will highlight for us all just how poor we were last season and how clueless our manager and DOF were/are

Statto

Quote from: Kimbleman on August 14, 2021, 02:55:51 AM
the ground actually feels and sounds much bigger than 16500 (felt and sounded like 25000!).

Lol, can't tell whether this is intended as a compliment  :005:

Andy S

Ok they have won their first game which is more than we did but there are going to be plenty more games before we can say whether they will make it or struggle. Luck comes in to it as well though as it all helps to build confidence. Another newly promoted side Watford do not see any of the top six sides until October

Mr White

Quote from: Buffalo76 on August 14, 2021, 09:06:31 AM
Quote from: Tooting legend on August 14, 2021, 12:00:39 AM
This a Fulham fc site not a Brentford appreciation thread WTF

:plus one: 049:gif

:clap_hands: :clap_hands: :plus one:

Mr White

Quote from: Kimbleman on August 14, 2021, 02:55:51 AM
I was at the game with a Brentford mate (he paid for my ticket) and I have to say Brentford ripped Arsenal a new arsehole tonight. They totally outplayed the Arse. They played some great football and frankly should have been two or three ahead by halftime. They thoroughly deserved the win. Arsenal were really poor other than their No.10 who was probably the best player on the pitch.
Great atmosphere too and the ground actually feels and sounds much bigger than 16500 (felt and sounded like 25000!).
Tomy by the was was a real handful winning all his aerial battles and showing what a handful he is going to be in this league.
Just gutted it's not us there. I agree with a post way above, to survive and prosper in this league you need to show a willingness to attack at speed and get your shots off at goal. It's something that we very rarely did last season. Parker WAS out of his depth and our squad, particularly our forwards were not good enough for the Prem.

I'm sure Brentford are going to be ripped a new one in the near future , God thats a disgusting term.

Bill2

Quote from: BestOfBrede on August 13, 2021, 09:57:49 PM
Think they've won the league with the manager and players going round the pitch?
I have no real feeling on Brentford but they struck lucky last night playing an average side with some of their stars missing, plus being at home in a packed stadium. Well done Brentford, but when they look back on the win they beat an Arsenal side not a patch on previous years, which is more than we did but today's Arsenal is not the same from years ago.

bobby01

Must find the odds on Arteta to be the first manager dismissed.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Arthur

Quote from: Dunstable Fulham on August 14, 2021, 10:08:18 AM
I said on here back in June that I thought they would make a much better fist of it than we did last year and although it's very early days I think it's clear to say they will win games and score goals. Whether that is enough to keep them up - it's difficult to tell.
It will highlight for us all just how poor we were last season and how clueless our manager and DOF were/are

In my view, making 'a much better fist of it' than us means staying up - all the more so if our manager and DoF were as clueless as you say.

Neutral Zone Ultra

I hope they fail miserably

Blawarmy

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on August 14, 2021, 12:03:51 PM
Same. I get pleasure seeing them lose knowing the hatred they have for us.

Pluto

Arsenal are terrible. If they get unlucky with injury and lose Lacazette and Auba for a decent length of time, they could definitely be relegated.

Twig

Quote from: Buffalo76 on August 14, 2021, 09:06:31 AM
Quote from: Tooting legend on August 14, 2021, 12:00:39 AM
This a Fulham fc site not a Brentford appreciation thread WTF

:plus one: 049:gif

So don't read the thread. There's quite a big clue in the title.  Oh yes, and there are plenty of threads on subjects other than FFC; music, jokes (usually bad), wine, politics, Covid, cars, even one on most attractive mature women.

filham

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on August 14, 2021, 12:03:51 PM
Yes it is possible that Brentford will go straight back down but I bet they will take with them an improved bank balance.
It does seem that they have had good management now for some time.

Dr Know

Quote from: Baszab on August 14, 2021, 09:11:07 AM
Brilliantly run club and deserved it last nite

Having worked in Brentford for 20 years and know many fans,  I can tell you that 99% of them loathe and despise FFC

I hope they get stuffed in the next 37 games
Totally agree with you , having lived there for over 25 years !