more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Marco Silva Press Conference vs Milwall

Started by IloveFFC, August 16, 2021, 03:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IloveFFC

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2021/august/Pre-Millwall-Press-Conference/

Marco Silva is happy to see the Fulham faithful responding to his side's performances on this pitch, but hopes there is plenty more to come.

The manner in which the Whites secured their first win of the season on Saturday unsurprisingly had fans gushing, and Silva acknowledged the important of having them on side.

"As I've always said, they will be one of the key points for us to be successful at the end of the season," he explained in his pre-match press conference. "We need them behind us, we need them supporting us.

"After a very good result away from home of course it's very easy to understand why our fans would be happy with us.

"A tough challenge comes for us in the next few games, and it's like a marathon for us, but with them behind us we will be stronger for sure.

"We'll have more afternoons like the last one we had, but we'll have some not so good, and we have to be together always, fighting together.

"With them supporting our players, we will be more confident, we'll be stronger as a team, and if they're happy then that's everything that we want.

"We are talking just about two games, but if they are happy with what they are seeing then we hope we can promise them they will see more in the future as well, because we are starting a process now.

"We have some players missing from our squad as well, some important players for us, and in the future as a team we will be stronger, I have no doubts about that.

"Our process will settle as well, the players will understand more and more and more, and you can have more things in our style of play as well.

"But in the meantime we have to compete and get more points for us, because the competition has started.

"If they are happy, it's really good for us. They always have a big impact on our players. I want them happy, like I want our players happy as well.

"We want to play good football for them to enjoy, but you know in the Championship sometimes it's not easy to do it every single game, but the commitment and the desire and the ambition to win football matches always has to be there on the pitch."

A different test presents itself on Tuesday night, as the Whites make the short journey to South East London to take on Millwall.

Asked if he knows what awaits Fulham at the Den, Silva replied: "Not just myself, a big part of our squad knows as well. They've played a good number of games against them home and away. Everyone knows what to expect.

"We've analysed them, we played against them during pre-season. Of course they know what to expect from us as well, and it will be for sure a tough game, like always.

"But we expected a really tough game against Huddersfield and we had a good performance.

"We all expect a tough one against Millwall for sure, but what we want to do is compete again, and get the points we want for ourselves. It will be tough, they are a tough team to play against.

"I can tell you that it's a good atmosphere to play football in and sometimes it can be difficult, but it's a good one for us to play to show the character and the personality of our team.

"It will be good, it will be tough, but we are ready."

The Rock

Anyone notice that it's Hilda the tea lady that is doing the interviews in place of Sarah Brooks now?

Lighthouse

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

jeremyfulham

Quote from: The Rock on August 16, 2021, 03:45:38 PM
Anyone notice that it's Hilda the tea lady that is doing the interviews in place of Sarah Brooks now?
Sarah left years ago.

bobby01

Quote from: jeremyfulham on August 16, 2021, 06:05:53 PM
Sarah left years ago.

Mores the pity
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

sarnian

Quote from: bobby01 on August 16, 2021, 07:10:25 PM
Sarah left years ago.

Mores the pity

Saw her at the playoff final v Villa and she still looked tasty.

Twig

Quote from: sarnian on August 16, 2021, 07:52:56 PM
Sarah left years ago.

Mores the pity

Rather more to the point she was good at her job!

Milo

I like how Silva comes across. Very balanced, never gets carried away. Just on the level.. as Quo would sing.

The Rock

Quote from: Milo on August 17, 2021, 12:56:50 AM
I like how Silva comes across. Very balanced, never gets carried away. Just on the level.. as Quo would sing.

+1.

jeremyfulham

Quote from: Twig on August 16, 2021, 08:55:19 PM
Sarah left years ago.

Mores the pity

Rather more to the point she was good at her job!
I thought the interviewer was fine!!

Holders

Sarah left years ago.

Mores the pity

One of the funniest posts on this forum was "yes it does, Sarah".
Non sumus statione ferriviaria