watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

0-0 Draws

Started by Ludlow Richard, August 17, 2021, 03:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ludlow Richard

I guess you are all familiar with our "0-0 home streak" where we played 196 home league games without a 0-0 draw between 13 August 2011 and 16 December 2020.

In the same period, Millwall played 225 home league games, including 27 x 0-0 draws.....

bencher

Exciting stats.

Not many have mentioned that during the many years of no 0-0s, we suffered a fair few hammerings at home, at the hands of the likes of Watford and Bristol City amongst others.

Ludlow Richard

Quote from: bencher on August 17, 2021, 04:02:04 PM
Exciting stats.

Not many have mentioned that during the many years of no 0-0s, we suffered a fair few hammerings at home, at the hands of the likes of Watford and Bristol City amongst others.

Certainly correct that during that streak we did get hammered a fair amount. That said, we won 84, drew 42 and lost 70 of the 196 games in the streak, scoring 313 and conceding 291.

However, there's no doubting that we performed less well during the streak when compared with our overall record of home league games. For example, during the streak 84 home wins represented 42.8% of games played, while our overall record is 1,066 home wins from 2,145 home games played (49.7%). Picking up your point about hammerings, in all the 2,145 home league games we have ever played, we have conceded 2,454 goals, or an average of 1.14 goals conceded per home game. During the 0-0 streak, that average of goals conceded per home game was 1.48. Of course this can be accounted for by three relegation seasons plus a couple of seasons struggling in the Premier League and the Championship, not completely offset by three good seasons in the Championship.

filham

After the terrible lack of goals last season I am hungry for Fulham goals, the last thing I want to see is a 0-0 score line, unless of course the alternative is a Fulham defeat.