https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The renaissance of Jean M Seri

Started by MickyAdamsFamily, August 17, 2021, 08:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonywa

Quote from: I Ronic on August 17, 2021, 10:22:34 PM
Quote from: Sgt Fulham on August 17, 2021, 10:14:40 PM
My MOTM tonight. What a welcome surprise. Who doesn't love a zero to hero story?

Mine too. What I really enjoyed was the occasional long pass just in front of the intended receiver. Just imagine Seri and Berbatov in the same team.

Best player in the pitch by a distance. Superb passing, but like others I was amazed by a physicality that I never suspected was a part of his game.  Really hoping he and Zambo stay with us for the season.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Caedal on August 17, 2021, 10:24:04 PM
Do not sell Seri

Yeah I think it's becoming apparent that he's actually quite good at this level and looks like he's enjoying it so perhaps we ought to not sell him as it will cost more than the transfer fee we get for him to then find a replacement of the same quality. Would rather he left for free at the end of the season having got us back up as it would be redemption of sorts

Deeping_white

?s=21

Penfold

I'm a critic but thought he had an excellent game tonight.

Blawarmy

Silva building a squad ready to compete in the PL without bringing in a whole new starting 11?  Too early to dream? [emoji23]

Bassey the warrior

Brilliant again tonight. His distribution was even better, moved the ball along quicker and fewer stray passes. So many great challenges.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Tonywa on August 17, 2021, 10:28:56 PM
Quote from: I Ronic on August 17, 2021, 10:22:34 PM
Quote from: Sgt Fulham on August 17, 2021, 10:14:40 PM
My MOTM tonight. What a welcome surprise. Who doesn't love a zero to hero story?

Mine too. What I really enjoyed was the occasional long pass just in front of the intended receiver. Just imagine Seri and Berbatov in the same team.

Best player in the pitch by a distance. Superb passing, but like others I was amazed by a physicality that I never suspected was a part of his game.  Really hoping he and Zambo stay with us for the season.

I knew he had it in him, he put in plenty of tackles when we were in the premier league, not always fair ones mind.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: jayffc on August 17, 2021, 10:02:42 PM
Made a thread on this at the start of the season to a mixed reception. Really glad he appears to be well up for it and playing very well. Had a weird feeling Silva could get the best out of him and glad there are signs it may be possible. Could be like a huge new signing for us if he continues this come back! Fingers crossed we keep him

Yeah I've been calling for him to get more game time for years, so glad he's showing what he can do with a manager that believes in him.

Statto

Think it's a bit unfair to compare him to Kante or Reed or Grimes. He's more an Iniesta or Cairney type, ie playmaker, than someone who'll break up play. The fact he's started putting in some decent tackles should just be treated as another bonus string to his bow IMO.

Most passes and highest pass completion on the pitch tonight - another performance reminiscent of Cairney in his prime.

It's almost a shame Carvalho will win MOTM because Seri's run the show and been good for second place two weeks in a row now

MickyAdamsFamily

But that was the interesting twist... I had always thought of Seri as an Iniesta/Cairney type; the attacking midfielder playing just behind the strikers and pulling the strings. Tonight he was playing the Kante/Makelele role, and could often be seen positioned between Tosin and Ream, as he was their primary outlet. He broke up the opposition attacks with fierce tackles, clever positioning, and good reading of the game (plus several interceptions), and was the main instigator of switching the play from defence into attack, launching our forward moves. I hadnt envisioned him in that role, but it would seem that Marco has.

Caedal

Cannot sell Seri. You have a great manager... your best players want to stay

LC

If Seri and Anguisse stay and want to play we will be in a great position. If only one of them stays, then we will stay be in a great position- we still have Reed(arguably our best player last season) and Cairney to come back in. Midfield suddenly looking strong.

IloveFFC

I prefer keep the player and lose in the end of contract next season for free, because i doubt that he wants to extend the contract. And he will be key player for our possible promotion.

JEEVES

Seri was the man again. Loving the Silva effect so far. Think if we'd had kept Parker, half of this squad would have wanted moves.

Penfold

Thought he looked really good tonight. And I'm a critic. Also, who suggested Carvalho go out on loan? Nonsense!

Pluto

He was awesome today. Cancel the deal for Grimes - Seri is miles better.

Andy S

Seri has surprised me this year I hope he stays

The Rational Fan

Seri's played well against Brighton and since then has only started six times since (against Palace, ManUtd, West Ham, Liverpool, Bournemouth, and Brentford). I think it was harsh to write him off after six games (two of which Liverpool and Bournemouth were ok), especially considering the extended chances after poor form we have given some players (e.g. Ream, Onamah, Reid, Cav, Kamara, Knockaert & Mitro).

Rj Fulham

He has shown he is a class above these last couple of games, he would be relishing having this much time and space to hit his passes, which he has been doing at a high %, and not only that, he is getting (fairly) stuck in with the challenges and showing strength and determination in either winning the ball back, or retaining possession. Makes the team that much stronger, which is great news for everyone  049:gif 049:gif

S.F.Sorrow

He looked great yesterday and was my MoM. He really looked up for it and made some great tackles too.

However...

He was nearly caught out a couple of times and he was given a LOT of time on the ball yesterday. He may find himself in trouble against a higher pressing team, like he was on numerous occasions in the PL.

I also suspect this "new Seri" we're seeing is playing to attract bigger clubs before the window closes. I'm still not convinced that what we're seeing is a player fighting for a place in the starting eleven at FFC. If he's still here and still showing the same determination and work rate in September I might start believing. With his history at FFC it will take more than a couple of good games just before the window closes to convince me.

There's also the matter of finances. I don't see how we can keep both Anguissa and Seri and still avoid problems with FFP in the Championship. I have a feeling one of them will leave.