more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Joka’s Sheffield United

Started by ChesterTheTabby, August 18, 2021, 09:11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on August 18, 2021, 09:11:31 PM
Not going so well for our old gaffer, West Brom look to be the most dangerous side for us this year, and QPR?

Who are our closest competitors if we were to take early doors into account?

Interestingly Sheffield utd have had 65% possession so dominated. West brom have just been very clinical tonight. Worth bearing in mind. If it was against us and they didn't dominate possession I don't think they'd get away without conceding.

Is their defence that good or are Sheffield still finding their feet and not got the manpower.

Will be fascinating when we do play West brom etc to see what happens.

Looks like October so far will be a defining month as we play both West brom and qpr then.

Blawarmy

filham

Early days , still two weeks until the window closes, there are possible changes in teams yet to come. In particular we may l players that have been good in thes early matches, Anguissa and Seri come to mind.

Deeping_white

Quote from: General on August 18, 2021, 09:50:13 PM
Not going so well for our old gaffer, West Brom look to be the most dangerous side for us this year, and QPR?

Interestingly Sheffield utd have had 65% possession so dominated. West brom have just been very clinical tonight. Worth bearing in mind. If it was against us and they didn't dominate possession I don't think they'd get away without conceding.

Is their defence that good or are Sheffield still finding their feet and not got the manpower.

Looks like October so far will be a defining month as we play both West brom and qpr then.

West Brom will probs average under 40% possession under Ismael - they literally run around like they're on meth for 90 minutes pressing hard with the view to winning the ball back and instantly countering or getting it back in a dangerous position. Hard to sustain it the whole season with injuries and games coming thick and fast so we'll have to see how they get on but they'll probably be a team we struggle against with the historic pressing issues we face, although I back Silva to find a way of beating them

F(f)CUK

I am not totally surprised that a Jokanovic team starts badly. I think that he has to mould a team to his style.

H4usuallysitting

It's very early day's..... everyone has to wait until January to get a feel of the league....then there's always a late runner

Snibbo

Quote from: F(f)CUK on August 19, 2021, 12:19:56 AM
I am not totally surprised that a Jokanovic team starts badly. I think that he has to mould a team to his style.
But that applies to every new manager and he's had more time than Silva. It's definitely a major flaw in him that he takes so long to get his team going (plus his stubborness). If they get impatient he could be in trouble

WolverineFFC

Not a news flash. His teams always start slow. I watched the game over the weekend and it was painful how much the attacks lacked fluidity. They were in a 3-5-2 but somehow he had 4 strikers on the pitch. McGoldrick was in a midfield 3.

Wilder's teams had such a distinct style. It is going to be interesting to see if Slav can get it going quickly enough with that squad.

Sgt Fulham

I think we will need a very high points total this year for promotion. There are a lot of crap teams, and a few good teams that will rarely stumble, us being one of them.

RoyTund

Quote from: General on August 18, 2021, 09:50:13 PM

Sheffield United were terrible. Really bad. Not In the game at all and in the second half it could have been a few more. If those poss stats are correct then it shows you how little it means without other information such as chances etc

SG

Watched second half. It could have been 6 or 7, SU were that bad. Keeper had a mare. Doesn't auger well with Ramsdale almost certainly off to the Arsenal

legana

I remember Watford being our main rivals up until Christmas in the Tigana promotion season. We then knocked the stuffing (and sprouts and cranberry sauce) out of them on Boxing Day and they disappeared. A lot can change in a season - Our 23 game run that nearly secured us auto promotion, Barnsley last year, Dowie's Palace...

Don't think anybody should be getting carried away after 3 games. Reading had a great start last year and faded. We have a team capable of going straight back up but cannot assume we will. Hopefully the Boro game showed the players they cannot afford to think they can take the foot off the gas at any point.