more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A season of Rough Treatment Ahead

Started by rebel, August 18, 2021, 11:54:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim©

Quote from: Whitestone on August 20, 2021, 02:21:36 PM

Had Malone swung his leg like a golf club and kicked Kebano with unnecessary force, I think it would be violent conduct. But that's not what happened in my opinion.

Malone made no attempt to challenge for the ball. His sole intention was to stop Kebano and in doing so he used excessive force to bring him down. IMO that amounts to violent conduct and meets the criteria set out in the laws of the game.
[/quote]

Personally I thought that neither Malone's nor Wallace's fouls were anywhere near red cards, otherwise we'll be seeing 4 or 5 a game.
I also disagree that Wilson's foul should have been anywhere near a red card either, the 4th official apparently made the call on that one, and from the touchline angle he saw it, it may have looked way, way worse than it actually was (a petulant flick out after being hacked down). The only time i can recall someone getting a red for so little violence (for violent conduct) is Beckham in the WC Japan.

copthornemike

Whilst I agree with the general direction of the above comments for balance I would point out that it was not so long ago that some were praising Johannsen's 'professional fouls' when an opposing player had got past him with no possibility of Stefan being able to get the ball.
Also Mitro does get targeted but already has sailed close to the wind in terms of getting a second yellow!