watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If you were Shahid Khan and.....

Started by Ludlow Richard, August 19, 2021, 04:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ludlow Richard

.....someone offered £20 million for Fabio Carvalho, would you accept it?

jayffc

Quote from: Ludlow Richard on August 19, 2021, 04:32:04 PM

No chance,
Genuinely he's been exactly what we need in CAM, mobile and clever with his runs, opens defences and makes space for others, Whatever he's doing its working, promotion is more important than 20m in the short term

Jim©

No but if we sent them Ivan Cavaleiro and just said "i though that's who you meant"?

General

If he signs a new contract and keeps doing what he's doing he could be worth more. Depends on what they think of his potential as an asset to the club in footballing terms vs cash terms. Promotion is worth 100£m so if he contributes heavily to our promotion surely he's worth more.

MayoDomo

I think so. It's tough because we are so lacking in creative attacking midfielders, so Fabio's worth to Fulham is quite high at the moment. That being said 20mil is a lot for someone who has shown only 3 great games but has no history of maintaining that level. May change my mind come Christmas.
For Fulham News, Opinions, and Streaming Updates Follow me at https://twitter.com/MayoDomo!

Riversider

Sessegnon went for £25 million plus Onomah,  so why would we accept £20 million for Fabio ?
He's the type of exciting young talent that Villa will be interested in, great replacement eventually for Grealish.

South Coast White

Just give the lad what he's looking for, it could well prove the best investment this club have done in a very long time. 3 year deal, back in prem, England call up who know what his value could be then. This guy is without question our best prospect for years.

filham

Quote from: Jim© on August 19, 2021, 04:42:01 PM
No but if we sent them Ivan Cavaleiro and just said "i though that's who you meant"?
Yes if there is a small chance of that working then it has to be tried.
Right now Carvalho is priceless to us and all possible purchasers must have the door slammed on their foot.

Luka

If he wont sign a new contract then yes !!

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Read somewhere that Chelski are sniffing around.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Riversider on August 19, 2021, 04:47:43 PM
Sessegnon went for £25 million plus Onomah,  so why would we accept £20 million for Fabio ?
He's the type of exciting young talent that Villa will be interested in, great replacement eventually for Grealish.
Nah, he hasn't been been trained in faking injury, diving and waving at the ref for red cards as yet!
Perhaps he will pick it up quickly?

If we were to sell and be sensible then we would ask a minimum of 25m plus a 20% sell on clause!

cmg

Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on August 19, 2021, 06:11:33 PM

Would the 'somewhere' possibly be a (the?) other Fulham forum? The one hilariously populated by large numbers by various nutters and fantacists (yes, many more than on here) several of whom delight in fabricating wild rumours and in slagging each other off?
It baldly stated, without attribution, that Chelsea are 'interested' - which, I am sure, is true of most of the football community. After all he is a very interesting young player isn't he? 'Sniffing around' would be an escalation. To be closely followed by 'in talks with', 'preparing an offer' and then 'swooping'.

Cookie6262

£20 million??? £4 million less than Ramsdale.... No one knows how a career will pan out but I expect Carvalho to be the best of the lot including Harvey Elliott.

Nero

Quote from: cmg on August 19, 2021, 06:51:34 PM

Would the 'somewhere' possibly be a (the?) other Fulham forum? The one hilariously populated by large numbers by various nutters and fantacists (yes, many more than on here) several of whom delight in fabricating wild rumours and in slagging each other off?
It baldly stated, without attribution, that Chelsea are 'interested' - which, I am sure, is true of most of the football community. After all he is a very interesting young player isn't he? 'Sniffing around' would be an escalation. To be closely followed by 'in talks with', 'preparing an offer' and then 'swooping'.

Yes if I was a young player I deffo join Chelsea to be shipped put on loan every season and held to ransom to sign a new contract or not get a game even in the u23s

FFCFOREVER

No

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: cmg on August 19, 2021, 06:51:34 PM

Nope cmg this is the only forum I am on or indeed read (for my sins!)
I think it was either the Times or the Mail
Possibly linked to an article on Alan Hudson who we apparently turned down as not good enough for us so he went down the road to Chelsea & made it there. He apparently said that it would have been an honour to have worked with / supplied passes to our own Maestro Johnny Haynes.
He then managed that fulfil that role with Charlie Cook.   
Clearly Fabio is attracting lots of attention, from lots of other clubs.
We can only hope that he knows the history of many others of his academy colleagues who were persuaded to go on to better things but for their many expectations failing to realise.
Mario blooding him, giving him early chances to play in the first team @ least shows him opportunities, playing experience & value.
Certainly more than he would get than by signing away elsewhere to sit on the bench / be loaned out.
Much might depend on the team spirit being built along with senior players encouraging him.
As yet a work in progress his potential is great.   

Bassey the warrior

Not if I could help it, if he refused to sign a new contract then yes.

Woolly Mammoth

Definitely No, money does not score goals or have an impact helping to win games.
But good players do, money is worthless if you cannot spend it. 💷💰
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Fabio Carvalho is likely to get his weaknesses found out in the first part of this season, his performances will temporarily decrease to the point he will be competing with Onamah to start for 9-18 months.

If we can sign him on a 5-year deal, then he is worth between £10m-£50m to us over the next five years. The huge range is because he is an unknown quantity. I believe signing Carvalho may mean selling Cairney.

If we cannot keep him for next season, then we should sell him for £2-10m (or highest offer) and get a loan player.

AnOldBrownie

No. Gamble that in 3 years he'll be worth 40 mil...at least.

Sent from my SM-A125U using Tapatalk