more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Home Fan Pubs

Started by JakeFFC, August 20, 2021, 12:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JakeFFC

Hi all, looking for advice.

I normally travel up in the car, park and head to the ground but this weekend am coming via the train into Putney Bridge with a few mates and want to take them to a good Fulham fans pub before the game.

Any suggestions on pubs local to Putney Bridge Station? The only ones I know are where I normally park which is away from the ground and impacts on drinking time.

Thanks in advance

RaySmith

The Golden Lion is  maybe the most well known in that area.
Last time I was I there it had been refurbished, though I always liked it anyway.

Others on here will have a lot more recommendations.

The 6( never sure of the number of  bells) Bells, right near the station is usually mainly an away pub, in my memory anyway, though you used to be able to go i there  if you supported Fulham.
David Hamilton bought me a pint in there once!

TheDaddy

As said Golden Lion  there is also the temperance across the road large screens dotted in all corners normally has sports  on .
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

BestOfBrede

Quote from: RaySmith on August 20, 2021, 12:43:10 PM
The Golden Lion is  maybe the most well known in that area.
Last time I was I there it had been refurbished, though I always liked it anyway.

Others on here will have a lot more recommendations.

The 6( never sure of the number of  bells) Bells, right near the station is usually mainly an away pub, in my memory anyway, though you used to be able to go i there  if you supported Fulham.
David Hamilton bought me a pint in there once!
It's eight bells

jarv

I dont think it is a favourite with fans but my favourite pub is the Dukes head down by the river, turn left just before Putney bridge. Good beer and when I lived in Putney, it was my local.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: jarv on August 20, 2021, 01:11:46 PM
I dont think it is a favourite with fans but my favourite pub is the Dukes head down by the river, turn left just before Putney bridge. Good beer and when I lived in Putney, it was my local.

I frequented the Duke for many years as I was a member of St Georges Gym above the pub and worked out there 4 times a week, then went downstairs for a large pint of Draught Guinness after every session.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Southdowns White

We normally frequent the Half moon or Occasionally the Bricklayer's arms if it's still open! both have decent beer.

Riversider

Three quarters of the way down Putney high Street on the left hand side tucked away is The Coat and Badge, pop in there,  always a good crowd of Fulham supporters in there 👍🏻

Kemosabe

Quote from: Southdowns White on August 20, 2021, 01:25:33 PM
We normally frequent the Half moon or Occasionally the Bricklayer's arms if it's still open! both have decent beer.

The Bricklayers Arms was open a couple of weeks back so, unless there has been a significant crisis in the intervening period, I would expect this still to be the case.  They have new management, but have retained the commitment to serving a range of excellent beers.  They were still serving multiple Timothy Taylor beers (not just Landlord - but also no longer the full range) when I was last in.

Another option - if you like that sort of thing and are prepared to cross the river to Putney - is The Rocket next to St Mary's Church.  It's a Wetherspoons - so you know what to expect - and is, I think, home fans only.

_Putney_

Bricklayer's is still open and is an amazing pub.

Kemosabe

Quote from: Riversider on August 20, 2021, 01:53:35 PM
Three quarters of the way down Putney high Street on the left hand side tucked away is The Coat and Badge, pop in there,  always a good crowd of Fulham supporters in there 👍🏻

Coat & Badge would be on the right-hand side if you are coming from Putney Bridge tube station.  It's on Lacy Road; Putney Exchange shopping centre is on the corner with the High Street.

MickyAdamsFamily

Bricklayers is a great pub and proper Fulham, but you have to cross the bridge to get there (which is a lovely stroll, but if you're coming from the station it's not on the way. The Golden Lion is a full on Fulham home supporter's scene, and as such can be fun, but as a pub, I find it less appealing. The Eight Bells is a great little pub in a fab location, but sadly has chosen to be an away fan's gathering spot. If you're coming from Hammersmith, the Crabtree is just on the riverbank in a quiet residential street just a short walk from the Cottage. It's a refurbished Victorian pub, and is a bit posh, but the draw there is the beer garden. They have a surprisingly large outdoor area with lots of seating directly on the river. On a nice afternoon, it's a great spot, and completely packed with Fulham supporters...

Riversider

Quote from: Kemosabe on August 20, 2021, 01:57:59 PM
Quote from: Riversider on August 20, 2021, 01:53:35 PM

Coat & Badge would be on the right-hand side if you are coming from Putney Bridge tube station.  It's on Lacy Road; Putney Exchange shopping centre is on the corner with the High Street.
Sorry,  I misread it as Putney overground

fulhamfan

Golden Lion is best. Nice big outdoor area out the back too

JakeFFC

Thank you, everyone. Think I'm going to give the Golden Lion a go. Hopefully see some of you there COYW

mrmicawbers

I always thought the temperance was an away pub?

AshfordFFC

due to health issues, I have not been to the cottage for some time however the Golden Lion was always the first port of call for me and my mates straight off the train  :003:

Twig

Don't like the Golden Lion at all. Crabtree or Bricklayers for me. Like the Dukes Head but it's out of my way on match days.

After the game we sometimes walk up the river, under the Hammersmith suspension bridge to The Dove.

gang

Stopped going to pubs on match days, too crowded and uncomfortable; much prefer the beer area in the ground next to the river.