News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham away support deserves high mention.

Started by Nick Bateman, August 18, 2021, 05:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

One did not expect Fulham's travelling army to outsing Millwall in their own dockland stomping ground. Whilst one welcomes the Peabodys and Grandads in our ranks, it's the younger, more boisterous following that will sing the songs and 'put off' opponents and that was clearly audible watching on the box.

One did notice this over recent years that our away support seem more 'noisy' than our home ones; no denigration of the home legions, but perhaps we have a more family friendly following at the Cottage.

Anyway the long and short of it is well done to the noisemakers who travel far distances to lift our team - it is highly noticed and appreciated.

049:gif
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Woolly Mammoth

There was more than ONE away supporter at Millwall last night.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Peabody

Despite Nick not knowing the difference between a Welshman and an Englishman, he occasionally comes up with some nuggets. This is one of them, well said Nick. I totally agree.

Andy S

You cannot disagree with Nic on this occasion but I'm never sure when you are playing at that level how much the away support counts

Whitesideup

I don't think there's much doubt the players enjoy the support. It should also help the referee be less influenced by the home crowd .. I say "should" because it didn't happen on Tuesday when some of the ref's decisions were unbelievable. I think he felt sorry for Millwall who clearly needed all the help they could get.

And the age profile of our away support is much younger and the point about it being less family-orientated is valid. And then even the older codgers (yes, like me) are more tempted to join in as it becomes the rule to sing rather than the exception.

It helped that we got off to a flying start, and that we dominated the first 85 minutes which meant we kept on singing. It was a good performance on the terraces as well as on the pitch! Occasionally Millwall won a throw-in which sent their crowd into raptures at which point we inevitably told them that we had forgotten they were even there. Their only response was a few hand gestures which were, if I interpret them correctly, of quite a rude nature, which as a Fulham supporter I found quite distressing.*  And thankfully there was no trouble after the game as most had already left the ground early, perhaps allowing them time for some peaceful contemplation of quite how they managed to finish 8th last year. On a positive note for them, surely they can't play any worse than that.

* irony ... hopefully obvious!

Huxley

It helps being up 2 nil and home crowd silenced....but yeah, good on the away supporters!

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Whitesideup on August 19, 2021, 02:06:18 PM
Occasionally Millwall won a throw-in which sent their crowd into raptures

Funny!  :005:

Quote from: Whitesideup on August 19, 2021, 02:06:18 PM
Their only response was a few hand gestures which were, if I interpret them correctly, of quite a rude nature.

I thought I saw a Fulham cohort making a throat slitting motion and the hand gesture to the Millwall yobs, which I found rather amusing. Perhaps I'm biased.

As for Mr.Pea, bringing up the Harold Wilson misunderstanding (by you) of my paraphrase is obvious deflection. I was inferring Wilson is that good for England and nothing more. Move along!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

fulhamfan

Are you actually the famous Nick Bateman from Big Brother series 1?!