watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Matchday Parking for Hull

Started by Craven_Chris, August 20, 2021, 10:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craven_Chris

I will be driving to the game tomorrow as, for various covid related reasons, I can't use the train. I have not driven to a Saturday match for 25 years and not many people attended the games back then anyway!

I would be interested in any info or tips people have on Saturday parking. Looking through the H&F website it looks like the area north from Crabtree Lane and Lillie Road has no parking  restrictions on Saturdays - but I'm guessing it is hard to park there on match days? Have people tried this, do you need to get there super early?

Another option is east of Fulham Palace Road, I think it's pay and display at £5/hr with a parking app, which I guess is ok as that's roughly what the train would have cost... Is this a more viable plan to park on Saturdays or is it going to be impossible to park.

The final option I think is around Putney station which I think looks doable although charges apply there too.

Any match day drivers who can give advice?

Ludlow Richard

Quote from: Craven_Chris on August 20, 2021, 10:06:17 PM
I will be driving to the game tomorrow as, for various covid related reasons, I can't use the train. I have not driven to a Saturday match for 25 years and not many people attended the games back then anyway!

I would be interested in any info or tips people have on Saturday parking. Looking through the H&F website it looks like the area north from Crabtree Lane and Lillie Road has no parking  restrictions on Saturdays - but I'm guessing it is hard to park there on match days? Have people tried this, do you need to get there super early?

Another option is east of Fulham Palace Road, I think it's pay and display at £5/hr with a parking app, which I guess is ok as that's roughly what the train would have cost... Is this a more viable plan to park on Saturdays or is it going to be impossible to park.

The final option I think is around Putney station which I think looks doable although charges apply there too.

I would use the area north of the Crabtree pub. As you say, parking is free on Saturday, and in August you will find there are more spaces because residents are away. That said, I would aim to get there early. I usually park in Bowfell Road or Wingrave Road.

Craven_Chris

Quote from: Ludlow Richard on August 20, 2021, 10:19:29 PM
Quote from: Craven_Chris on August 20, 2021, 10:06:17 PM

I would use the area north of the Crabtree pub. As you say, parking is free on Saturday, and in August you will find there are more spaces because residents are away. That said, I would aim to get there early. I usually park in Bowfell Road or Wingrave Road.

Thanks LR that is useful, how early are we talking here? Would you guess that 1pm is ok? I will have my kids with me, and I think it will be raining, so a bit anxious about entertaining them for hours in the car if the weather is bad!