1-2
Huddersfield
Stoke
1-0
Forest

WhiteJC

Fulham 2-0 Hull City

Teenager Fabio Carvalho has been one of Fulham's stand out players this season

Aleksandar Mitrovic and Fabio Carvalho both scored for the third consecutive game as Fulham moved top of the Championship with a comfortable win against Hull.

Mitrovic headed home from a corner midway through the first half, with teenager Carvalho doubling the Whites' advantage 10 minutes later.

Fulham were unable to add to their tally, but were rarely troubled by the Tigers, who slid to their third consecutive defeat.

The victory maintained an unbeaten start to the season for Marco Silva's side and put them ahead of West Brom and Stoke on goal difference.

The Tigers began brightly as Greg Docherty tested Paulo Gazzaniga with a 25-yard drive, while Josh Magennis should have done better with a header that flew straight at the Fulham keeper.

Despite two enforced reshuffles at the back after Tim Ream and Kenny Tete were forced off with knocks, there was no obvious disruption to Fulham's rhythm and Mitrovic found space to head in Jean Michael Seri's corner.

Antonee Robinson's run and cross then set up the dangerous Carvalho, who slotted into the far corner and Fulham could have been out of sight by the interval, with Mitrovic and Ivan Cavaleiro both going close.

Although Keane Lewis-Potter provided the odd glimpse of hope for Hull, the home side continued to push forward in the second half without adding to their tally.

Hull debutant Di'Shon Bernard's crucial challenge denied Mitrovic again and the Serb striker was inches away from making it 3-0 with another glancing header from Robinson's cross.

Seri also stung Matt Ingram's palms with a long-range attempt as Fulham closed out a third straight win without difficulty.

Fulham head coach Marco Silva:
"I'm happy with the three points, because we asked our players before the game to aim for the target of the third win in a row, with the first home win as well. If you achieve that, I'm happy.

"It wasn't the best performance to be honest with you. In this competition, with the level that you are, it was not the perfect performance that we had against Millwall.

"We have to play to win football matches. Today, we won the game because we were the best team on the pitch.

"After our first goal we saw confidence and controlled the game better, in the way we wanted.

"Antonee Robinson is in our model, in our way to play. It was his best performance this season."

Hull City head coach Grant McCann told BBC Radio Humberside:
"I thought we showed real bravery, the way we were playing through their lines and we got forward in some really good areas, but we didn't capitalise on it.

"We knew we'd have to give up the ball a little bit. We had to stay compact and defend manfully and I thought we did that in the second half, but we just didn't show that edge at the top end of the pitch.

"We're coming to probably the best team in the division without Mallik Wilks, George Honeyman, Ryan Longman and George Moncur. They're all attacking players and can make a difference in games.

"We're probably over reliant on (Josh) Magennis and Keane (Lewis-Potter) but when that happens you need a set-play to work, you need people to get on the end of crosses into their box and it wasn't to be today."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58209741

WhiteJC

Marco's Post-Hull press conference

Speaking in his post-Hull press conference following Saturday's 2-0 victory, Marco Silva praised his squad for a solid afternoon's work.

"Firstly, of course I am happy with the three points," he said. "I am happy with how we set-up our players before the match, let's get the third win in a row, it's our first home win as well and we tried our best to do it with a clean sheet. If you achieve that, I am happy."

Despite the comprehensive win, Silva commented that he still hadn't seen the best from his team but was pleased with how his side managed the game.

"It wasn't the best performance from us I tell you," he admitted. "I have to be honest with you. But in this competition, the level that we are at, if you don't have an almost perfect performance like we had in many moments against Huddersfield, we have to play to win football matches as well. The main thing is to win football matches.

"This afternoon was not perfect for us, but again we won the game because we were the best team on the pitch, we were dominant, we scored twice, and we had three or four clear chances to score more goals."

Tim Ream and Kenny Tete were forced off with first half injuries, whilst Fabio Carvalho was also substituted with a knock. Speaking on the injured trio, he stated it's too soon to evaluate them.

"It's too soon to be sure about it. I'm waiting for the feedback from the medical staff.

"Tim doesn't look really serious; it was a knock in that moment. Kenny could be unfortunately more serious, a muscular injury, we don't know. Fabio twisted his ankle. Let's see how it will be tomorrow and the next few days."

Speaking ahead of Tuesday's Carabao Cup game, the Head Coach said this would be a game where he would rotate his squad.

"We have to manage the physical condition, as you know we are at the start of the season. We just played Tuesday-Saturday-Tuesday. Three games in eight days with almost the same 11. They have a day off tomorrow. We will see how they are on Monday, then I will take the decision.

"It is a moment for me to see some of the players who are working so hard, are deserving the of the chance, and deserving of the chance to show their quality."

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2021/august/Marco-s-Post-Hull-press conference/

WhiteJC

Fulham top of Championship after beating Hull

Fulham sit top of the Championship table after four matches following a comfortable win at Craven Cottage.

The Whites maintained their excellent start to the season, courtesy of first-half goals from Aleksandar Mitrovic and Fabio Carvalho against lacklustre Hull City.

After a nervy start from the hosts – and with Fulham captain Tim Ream forced to go off with a back injury following a fall – Mitrovic settled nerves with a well-taken goal in the 21st minute.

From a Jean Michael Seri corner on the left, the Serbia striker managed to ghost into space in the six-yard area to glance a header into the far corner of the net.

The breakthrough emboldened Fulham – and it was no surprise when they doubled their lead on 33 minutes.

Antonee Robinson, on a left-wing raid, supplied a low cross with confident Cavaleiro slipping past Jacob Greaves 10 yards out before slotting past exposed Tigers keeper Matt Ingram.

With Marco Silva's men largely continuing their domination after the interval, Mitrovic and Seri both went close with a header and raking shot, respectively.

Fulham: Gazzaniga, Robinson, Adarabioyo, Ream (Mawson 21), Tete (Decordova-Reid 31), Seri, Onomah, Cavaleiro, Carvalho (Anguissa 69), Kebano, Mitrovic.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/fulham-top-of-championship-after-beating-hull

WhiteJC

Result: Fulham ease to victory over Hull

Fulham further cemented their credentials as favourites to return straight back to the Premier League with a comprehensive 2-0 win against Hull.

First-half goals by Aleksandar Mitrovic and Fabio Carvalho at Craven Cottage made it three straight wins and 10 points from four Championship games.

However, the hosts were forced into two first-half substitutions as Tim Ream and Kenny Tete limped off while they suffered a further blow late on when Carvalho needed to be replaced.

The visitors made one change from their midweek defeat at home to Derby, with Manchester United loanee Di'Shon Bernard making his first league start by replacing the injured Alfie Jones.

Fulham had the first effort after four minutes when Josh Onomah volleyed a loose ball from the edge of the area, but he could not direct his effort on target.

Hull's Greg Docherty found space against a defence backing off him after eight minutes and his drive from outside the box was palmed away by Paulo Gazzaniga.

Fulham were forced into their first change after 21 minutes after Ream fell awkwardly and was replaced by Alfie Mawson.

However, the hosts took the lead a minute later when Mitrovic flicked home a corner from Jean Michael Seri.

Another enforced change for Fulham was needed after 32 minutes, when Bobby Decordova-Reid replaced the limping Tete.

Like the previous substitution, the change was soon followed by a goal for the hosts.

A low cross by Antonee Robinson from the left two minutes later was picked up by Carvalho and he netted his second goal in two games by keeping his footing to slot past Matt Ingram.

The hosts looked rampant and came close to a third with efforts from Mitrovic, Ivan Cavaleiro and Tosin Adarabioyo.

After a disappointing first half, Hull showed more attacking attempt after the restart. However, a wayward effort from Keane Lewis-Potter was their main effort on goal.

Mitrovic had the perfect opportunity to seal all three points after 56 minutes but he directed his header from a Robinson cross wide.

Seri tested Ingram again from range just after the hour mark, but the goalkeeper was able to turn his effort away.

Fulham were hit with another injury blow with 20 minutes left when goalscorer Carvalho was taken off, with Frank Anguissa his replacement.

The home side were not content with a two-goal cushion and continued to press for a third.

But despite forcing back Hull with a number of corners in the last 10 minutes, Fulham were unable to find the third goal their all-round play deserved.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/fulham/result/result-fulham-ease-to-victory-over-hull_460301.html?newsnow

WhiteJC

Fulham 2-0 Hull City: Aleksandar Mitrovic and Fabio Carvalho steer Cottagers to victory

Report and highlights from the Sky Bet Championship clash between Fulham and Hull City at Craven Cottage as goals from Aleksandar Mitrovic and Fabio Carvalho steered the Cottagers to a comfortable victory

Fulham further cemented their credentials as favourites to return straight back to the Premier League with a comprehensive 2-0 win against Hull.

First-half goals by Aleksandar Mitrovic and Fabio Carvalho at Craven Cottage made it three straight wins and 10 points from four Championship games.

However, the hosts were forced into two first-half substitutions as Tim Ream and Kenny Tete limped off while they suffered a further blow late on when Carvalho needed to be replaced.

The visitors made one change from their midweek defeat at home to Derby, with Manchester United loanee Di'Shon Bernard making his first league start by replacing the injured Alfie Jones.

Fulham had the first effort after four minutes when Josh Onomah volleyed a loose ball from the edge of the area, but he could not direct his effort on target.

Hull's Greg Docherty found space against a defence backing off him after eight minutes and his drive from outside the box was palmed away by Paulo Gazzaniga.

Fulham were forced into their first change after 21 minutes after Ream fell awkwardly and was replaced by Alfie Mawson.

However, the hosts took the lead a minute later when Mitrovic flicked home a corner from Jean Michael Seri.

Another enforced change for Fulham was needed after 32 minutes, when Bobby Decordova-Reid replaced the limping Tete.

Like the previous substitution, the change was soon followed by a goal for the hosts.

A low cross by Antonee Robinson from the left two minutes later was picked up by Carvalho and he netted his second goal in two games by keeping his footing to slot past Matt Ingram.

The hosts looked rampant and came close to a third with efforts from Mitrovic, Ivan Cavaleiro and Tosin Adarabioyo.

After a disappointing first half, Hull showed more attacking intent after the restart. However, a wayward effort from Keane Lewis-Potter was their main effort on goal.

Mitrovic had the perfect opportunity to seal all three points after 56 minutes but he directed his header from a Robinson cross wide.

Seri tested Ingram again from range just after the hour mark, but the goalkeeper was able to turn his effort away.

Fulham were hit with another injury blow with 20 minutes left when goalscorer Carvalho was taken off, with Frank Anguissa his replacement.

The home side were not content with a two-goal cushion and continued to press for a third.

But despite forcing back Hull with a number of corners in the last 10 minutes, Fulham were unable to find the third goal their all-round play deserved.

What the managers said..
Fulham's Marco Silva: "I'm happy with the three points, because we asked our players before the game to aim for the target of the third win in a row, with the first home win as well. If you achieve that, I'm happy. It wasn't the best performance to be honest with you. In this competition, with the level that you are, it was not the perfect performance that we had against Millwall.

"We have to play to win football matches. Today, we won the game because we were the best team on the pitch. After our first goal we saw confidence and controlled the game better, in the way we wanted. Antonee Robinson is in our model, in our way to play. It was his best performance this season."

Hull's Grant McCann: "Their first goal I'm really disappointed with. Having watched it back it's a block on Jacob. It's disappointing because it's right in front of the referee. Fulham are a possession-based team, we have to stay compact and in shape. I think we did that in the second half.

"I was proud of the boys after the break, the way we stuck at it. I thought we started the game very well, they came down from the Premier League last season. We showed bravery, I asked for that and we showed it in the first half. We got forward in some good areas."

https://www.skysports.com/football/fulham-vs-hull-city/report/447380

WhiteJC

Fulham leapfrog West Brom at the top of the Championship
Sheffield United's miserable start continues as Hogan helps Birmingham thrash Luton

Fulham moved to the top of the Sky Bet Championship after beating Hull 2-0 at Craven Cottage.

Aleksandar Mitrovic and Fabio Carvalho, as they had done against Millwall in midweek, scored first-half goals as Marco Silva's side leapfrogged West Brom on goal difference.

West Brom won 2-1 at Blackburn to also make it 10 points from four games.

Alex Mowatt and Matt Phillips scored at either end of the first half at Ewood Park to put Albion in control.

Chile striker Ben Brereton Diaz pulled one back for Rovers with his fifth goal in seven games, but the Baggies held on for another victory.

Stoke are third after beating Nottingham Forest 1-0 with a Josh Tymon goal and Coventry continued their progress by climbing to fourth with a 2-1 win over Reading.

Substitute Matty Godden grabbed a winner eight minutes into added time to seal a dramatic comeback win for the Sky Blues.

John Swift's first-half penalty had put the Royals ahead before Jamie Allen equalised after 62 minutes.

QPR fought back to draw 2-2 at home to Barnsley with Charlie Austin grabbing a stoppage-time equaliser.

Barnsley led 2-0 through first-half goals from Dominik Frieser and Cauley Woodrow — his 50th for the Tykes — before Ilias Chair halved the deficit 14 minutes from time.

Cardiff complete the top-six after defender Aden Flint scored two for the second successive game.

The Bluebirds beat Millwall 3-1 with Flint's fellow centre-back Sean Morrison also on target seven minutes from time.

Benik Afobe had given the Lions hope after 76 minutes, six minutes after Flint completed his second-half brace.

Blackpool fought back to draw 2-2 at Bournemouth after Dominic Solanke had scored twice for the Cherries inside 19 minutes.

A rare James Husband goal and a Jerry Yates penalty gave the Seasiders a deserved point.

Birmingham crushed Luton 5-0 at Kenilworth Road as Scott Hogan struck twice with Marc Roberts, Gary Gardner and Chuks Aneke also on target.

Huddersfield claimed a dramatic 2-1 Yorkshire derby win against Sheffield United at Bramall Lane.

Levi Colwill's winner came in the fourth minute of added time, just moments after Billy Sharp had cancelled out an earlier effort from Josh Koroma.

The Blades have yet to win under new boss Slavisa Jokanovic and are one place off the foot of the table.

Forest, who have lost their first four games, are the only team below Sheffield United.

Preston picked up their first points of the season by beating Peterborough 1-0 at Deepdale.

Patrick Bauer scored the only goal after 14 minutes, while Wayne Rooney saw his Derby side held 0-0 at Pride Park by Neil Warnock's Middlesbrough.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/fulham-leapfrog-west-brom-at-the-top-of-the-championship-1.4653192

WhiteJC

Marco Silva feels Fulham's display left room for improvement in win over Hull

Marco Silva believes Fulham were not at their best despite disposing of Hull 2-0 at Craven Cottage.

The west London side sit on top of the early Championship table after two goals in the first half from Aleksandar Mitrovic and Fabio Carvalho.

Despite a performance that saw them dominate throughout, despite Tim Ream, Carvalho and Kenny Tete all being forced off through injury, the Portuguese head coach felt his side could have played even better against his former club.

He said: "I'm happy with the three points, because we asked our players before the game to aim for the target of the third win in a row, with the first home win as well. If you achieve that, I'm happy.

"It wasn't the best performance to be honest with you. In this competition, with the level that you are, it was not the perfect performance that we had against Millwall.

"We have to play to win football matches. Today, we won the game because we were the best team on the pitch.

"After our first goal we saw confidence and controlled the game better, in the way we wanted.

"Antonee Robinson is in our model, in our way to play. It was his best performance this season."

The hosts took the lead a minute after Ream went off as Mitrovic flicked home a corner from Jean Michael Seri.

The second came two minutes after Tete limped off, as a low cross by the impressive Robinson from the left led to Carvalho's strike.

Fulham were hit with another injury blow after 70 minutes, when goalscorer Carvalho was taken off.

Hull head coach Grant McCann felt Fulham's opening goal should not have counted as he claimed referee Tim Robinson missed a foul on Jacob Greaves by Mitrovic.

He said: "Their first goal I'm really disappointed with. Having watched it back it's a block on Jacob. It's disappointing because it's right in front of the referee.

"Fulham are a possession-based team, we have to stay compact and in shape. I think we did that in the second half.

"I was proud of the boys after the break, the way we stuck at it.

"I thought we started the game very well, they came down from the Premier League last season.

"We showed bravery, I asked for that and we showed it in the first half. We got forward in some good areas."

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/fulham/news/marco-silva-feels-fulhams-display-left-room-for-improvement-in-win-over-hull_460331.html?newsnow

WhiteJC

Silva pleased after Fulham continue fine start

Marco Silva enjoyed Fulham's win over his former club Hull but admitted the Whites were not at their best.

Silva's side, with three wins and a draw from their opening four games, are top of the Championship table.

Goals in the first half at Craven Cottage from Aleksandar Mitrovic and Fabio Carvalho were sufficient to defeat the lacklustre Tigers – and head coach Silva was pleased with what was, overall, a confident performance.

"I'm happy with the three points and the players met the target for us; a first home win and a clean sheet as well," he said.

"It wasn't the best performance, but the main thing is to win matches.

"We were the dominant team on the pitch. Hull City started well but after our goal we controlled the game better. We deserved the three points.

"There were some good moments, and we can now prepare for the next competition."

Fulham face Stoke at home next Saturday after a Carabao Cup match against Birmingham City on Tuesday.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/silva-pleased-after-fulham-continue-fine-start

WhiteJC

Mitrovic and Carvalho clinch third straight win

It is measure of the high standards that Marco Silva sets his sides that Fulham cantered to a commanding victory over Hull City at Craven Cottage – their third win in a week – and moved to the top of the Championship table, but the Portuguese head coach spent a significant portion of his post-match press conference discussing what the Whites might do better. The home side's adventure and energy established a two-goal cushion within thirty five first half minutes with the deadly duo of Aleksandar Mitrovic and Fabio Carvalho on the scoresheet again, surviving the loss of two members of their back four through injury to record a first clean sheet.

Fulham were on the front foot from the off, but this was more of a workmanlike performance that the ones that saw the Cottagers cruise past Huddersfield and Millwall in the last seven days. Silva had opted to go with an unchanged side from the one that triumphed at the New Den on Tuesday and the hosts benefited from the precise passing of Jean Michael Seri and the drive of Josh Onomah in the centre of midfield – with a partnership that would have been perceived as preposterous earlier in the month taking control of the engine room.

Silva's side started dynamically with Antonee Robinson raiding down the left and seeing a decent delivery diverted away from Mitrovic by Jacob Greaves only for Onomah to drag a first time volley a few yards wide from outside the box. It was the visitors who registered the first effort on target after Greg Docherty advanced on goal and let fly from 25 yards, with Paulo Gazzaniga beating away the swerving shot. Northern Ireland international Josh Magennis drew a routine save from the Argentinian when he met a Randall Williams cross from the right after a well-worked Hull move and that seemed to spark Fulham into life.

They were forced into an early reshuffle at the heart of their defence when captain Tim Ream, so impressive at the start of this season, was forced off having jarred his back when landing awkwardly after winning a header. Alfie Mawson made an impressive first start of the season – looking imperious in the air himself – and the Whites took the lead as the centre half run forward for a corner after replacing Ream. Mitrovic glanced a trademark header in off the far post from a fine Seri delivery – with Hull furious that Greaves had been blocked off in the centre of the box.

A second enforced change saw Bobby Decordova-Reid step into the right back role he had first assumed under Scott Parker when Kenny Tete pulled up with hamstring trouble, but it didn't dent Fulham's rhythm. They responded in the best possible manner after Keane Lewis-Potter had curled a speculative shot wide from the edge of the box, with Robinson racing down the left to pick out Carvalho, who touched it away from Di'Shon Bernard and found the far corner with consummate ease to register his third goal in as many matches.

Fulham had chances to go in at half-time with an even more substantial advantage. Ivan Cavaleiro sliced wide after being played in by the peerless Carvalho and Tosin Adarabioyo stung Ingram's palms with a venomous drive from distance after space had opened up and the Hammersmith End urged the centre back to pull the trigger. The Hull goalkeeper, overworked as the first half came to close, also did well to keep out Mitrovic's deflected strike as Fulham finished in the ascendency.

Grant McCann introduced Josh Emmanuel for Williams at half-time and Hull began the second period brightly penning Fulham back for a while with some patient passing. Purposeful runs from Docherty and Callum Elder, after an untimely slip from Neeskens Kebano, promised much but the visitors' final ball was lacking. Mitrovic passed up a glorious chance when he headed Robinson's excellent cross wide of the far post and Ingram then pushed away a Seri strike from outside the box.

Carvalho, who buzzed around to brilliant effect belying his teenage years was again, was withdrawn as a precaution after twisting his ankle following a late challenge by Richard Smallwood, who had struggled to contain the precocious talent all afternoon. Mitrovic went close to grabbing a second on a couple of occasions in the closing stages – once after an imposing run from Andre Frank Zambo Anguissa – but had a late low drive that looked destined for the corner blocked. There was a stoppage time scare when Gazzaniga spilled a Lewie Coyle cross close to Magennis, but the shaky goalkeeper's blushes were spared.

FULHAM (4-2-3-1): Gazzaniga; Tete (Decordova-Reid 32), Robinson, Adarabioyo, Ream (Mawson 21); Seri, Onomah; Kebano, Cavaleiro, Carvalho (Anguissa 70); Mitrovic. Subs (not used): Rodak, Bryan, Francois, Stansfield.

BOOKED: Robinson, Cavaleiro, Adarabioyo.

GOALS: Mitrovic (22), Carvalho (34).

HULL CITY (4-2-3-1): Ingram; Coyle, Elder, Bernard, Greaves; Smallwood (Eaves 77), Smith; Williams (Emmanuel 45), Lewis-Potter, Docherty (Cannon 86); Magennis. Subs (not used): Baxter, McLoughlin, Huddlestone, Jarvis.

BOOKED: Smallwood, Bernard.

REFEREE: Tim Robinson (West Sussex).

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/08/mitrovic-and-carvalho-clinch-third-straight-win/

WhiteJC

Silva still sees room for improvement

Marco Silva still sees significant room for improvement from his Fulham side after the Whites moved to the top of the Championship by beating Hull City 2-0 this afternoon.

Fulham triumphed courtesy of first half goals from Aleksandar Mitrovic and teenage midfielder Fabio Carvalho, but their Portuguese head coach felt the victory fell short of the standards he wants from his side. Silva told his post-match press conference:

"I'm happy with the three points, because we asked our players before the game to aim for the target of the third win in a row, with the first home win as well. If you achieve that, I'm happy. It wasn't the best performance to be honest with you. In this competition, with the level that you are, it was not the perfect performance that we had against Millwall.

We have to play to win football matches. Today, we won the game because we were the best team on the pitch. After our first goal we saw confidence and controlled the game better, in the way we wanted. Antonee Robinson is in our model, in our way to play. It was his best performance this season."

Silva's side had to weather several injury setbacks this afternoon – with two of his first choice back four being forced off before half time – and Kenny Tete's hamstring strain could curtail to his strong start to the season.

It's too soon to be sure about it. I'm waiting for the feedback from the medical staff. Tim doesn't look really serious; it was a knock in that moment. Kenny could be unfortunately more serious, a muscular injury, we don't know. Fabio twisted his ankle. Let's see how it will be tomorrow and the next few days."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/08/silva-still-sees-room-for-improvement/

WhiteJC

Robinson delighted with 'dominant' Fulham

Antonee Robinson is delighted with Fulham's fine start to the new Championship campaign that sees the Whites top the table after their victory over Hull City earlier this afternoon.

The American international was singled out for specific praise by Marco Silva after an energetic display from left back that saw him create the crucial second goal for Fabio Carvalho and Robinson told FFCTV after the final whistle that he wants the team to take control of matches in this division:

"It's been a really good start. After drawing the first game, I think we realised that we can take control of games and I feel like every game we have been in control, attacking and defending wise. Today it was nice to see the game out and get our first clean sheet and our first win at home.

"It is realising that we've got quality in the team and we can dominate. It helps that Mitro and Fab seem to score everything they touch, so they are carrying us through with goals at the moment. It's been unreal. Mitro has been a lot more involved, dropping in with link up play and fighting for the ball. It's an unbelievable start for Fab. He's a really talented young player, he's got his feet on the ground and we're all buzzing to see him do so well. Every single game we're going out there, we're working really hard for each other, we've got an attacking mindset and it has been going really well.

Robinson was particularly pleased to register Fulham's first clean sheet of the campaign, especially after Silva was forced into two defensive substitutions before half-time. Injuries to skipper Tim Ream and Kenny Tete didn't disrupt Fulham's flowing football – with Alfie Mawson impressive in his first outing at centre back and Bobby Decordova-Reid not putting a foot wrong on the right side of the back four.

"That's something we want to make a bit of a habit, especially at home. We want to make this a bit of fortress. We want to feel like we are going to win all our games here and keep clean sheets, so defensively it is a really good start for us. We've given away some sloppy goals in the first couple of games so that's something we want to iron out and get better at.

"We've got a really strong squad. Everyone's chomping at the bit to get games and we're all ready for whatever circumstances come our way. Today two players got injured and Alfie came on and even Bobby stepping in at right back. Alfie was brilliant when he came on, so I feel like everyone is ready to take on whatever comes up."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/08/robinson-delighted-with-dominant-fulham/

WhiteJC

Loupalo-Bi's late header beats Reading

A stoppage-time header from substitute Aaron Loupalo-Bi secured a second successive victory for Fulham's under 18s at Reading this afternoon.

The young forward guided home Michael Olakigbe's cross at the near post to snatch the points for Steve Wigley's side, who were far from their fluent best but showed their resilience to preserve their 100 per cent record. The visitors had began brightly with Delano McCoy-Splatt's free-kick blocked and Jaylan Wildbore firing wide from distance. Royals goalkeeper Matthew Rowley did brilliantly to keep out a deflected drive from Wildbore before Alfie McNally saved brilliantly from Louis Holzman's header.

A brilliant bit of skill saw Imani Lanquedoc spin away from two defenders by the corner flag and his ambitious effort from an acute angle clipped the post on its way wide. The towering Thorsteinn Antonsson saw a thumping header saved at full stretch from Rowley but Reading almost stole the lead right on the stroke of half-time when Aston Greaver outsmuscled Antonsson but was denied by a defiant McNally.

The hosts had the better of the second half with Ben Purcell shooting straight at McNally and patiently putting together a good spell of pressure with some pretty passing. Fulham came on stronger as time ticked away with a trademark surging run from Olakigbe almost creating an opening for Wildbore before Abraham Kanu averted the danger. But Fulham weren't to be denied with Loupalo-Bi, who had replaced Wildbore, forcing home from another excellent Olakigbe delivery to steal all three points in the second minute of stoppage time.

READING UNDER 18s (4-2-3-1): Rowley; Abrefa, Daniel-Spray (Addo-Antoine 72), Holzman (Murray 76), Kanu; Purcell, Campbell; Okine-Peters, Maunder, Vickers; Greaver (Nditi 63). Subs (not used): Borgnis, Norcott.

BOOKED: Purcell, Campbell.

FULHAM (4-2-3-1): McNally; Tanton, Araujo, Antonsson (de Fougerolles 64), Robinson; McCoy-Splatt, Caton (Okkas 80); Lanquedoc, Olakigbe, Wildbore (Loupalo-Bi 68); Sanderson. Subs (not used): Parker, Allen.

GOAL: Loupalo-Bi (90+2).

REFEREE: Benjamin Duffill.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/08/loupalo-bis-late-header-beats-reading/

WhiteJC

Nottingham Forest to miss out on reunion with former loanee

A deal to take Cyrus Christie back to Nottingham Forest from Fulham has collapsed, a report from Sky Sports Transfer Centre (21/08, 22:59) has claimed.

Christie is no stranger to Forest, having spent last season on loan at The City Ground from Fulham.

During that time, the right-back made 44 appearances in all competitions for Forest, as they finished 17th in the Championship table.

Now however, it appears as though the chance of Christie returning to the club for the coming campaign, is no longer on the table.

According to this latest update, a move that would have taken Christie back to The City Ground has collapsed, after Forest failed to agree personal terms with the 28-year-old.

As things stand, there is just a year remaining on Christie's contract with Fulham, after the Cottagers triggered a 12-month extension on his deal earlier this season.

So far this season though, Christie has yet to feature in a matchday squad for Marco Silva's side.

The Verdict

You feel this will be a hugely frustrating situation that has emerged for Forest here.

Chris Hughton's side are badly short on options at right-back at the minute, something not helped by the recent injury suffered by Arsenal loanee Jordi Osei-Tutu.

As a result, the return of Christie to The City Ground would have been a welcome boost for Forest to help bolster that side of their defence, particularly given he could have settled in quickly since he is already familiar with the club after that loan spell.

That though, now looks like it will not be happening, so those associated with Forest will no doubt be hoping they have other alternative targets lined up to fill that role.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/nottingham-forest-to-miss-out-on-reunion-with-former-loanee/