more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker and Bournemouth Thread

Started by blingo, August 24, 2021, 08:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

Quote from: Holders on September 02, 2021, 10:24:25 AM
This will be my one and only visit to this thread, just to put on record my interest in seeing whether, by the end of the season, it exceeds the 118 pages that the transfer thread is now at.

It could do as the season wears on Mr H lol.

Fulham 442

Quote from: blingo on September 01, 2021, 01:26:06 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on September 01, 2021, 01:23:16 PM
I don't like, and never have liked, Scott Parker; not as a player or coach/manager.  However, I think it might be wise to keep our powder dry until we have played Bournemouth.

Mitro will make a point of destroying them on his own
I can already visualise his celebrations!

blingo

Quote from: Fulham 442 on September 02, 2021, 12:19:27 PM
Quote from: blingo on September 01, 2021, 01:26:06 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on September 01, 2021, 01:23:16 PM
I don't like, and never have liked, Scott Parker; not as a player or coach/manager.  However, I think it might be wise to keep our powder dry until we have played Bournemouth.

Mitro will make a point of destroying them on his own
I can already visualise his celebrations!

I will be gloating if it happens.

Pluto

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on September 01, 2021, 12:08:58 PM
Can I just add.............   

Capacity at the new improved Craven Cottage - oldest league club in London 30;000

Capacity at boscombe 11;400

It's official - we're 3 time's better than boscombe.......And we own our stadium.......touch hair, white puffa, psycho babble.....oh dear

Sounds like "fine margins" to me 😂

General

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on September 01, 2021, 12:08:58 PM
Can I just add.............   

Capacity at the new improved Craven Cottage - oldest league club in London 30;000

Capacity at boscombe 11;400

It's official - we're 3 time's better than boscombe.......And we own our stadium.......touch hair, white puffa, psycho babble.....oh dear

Technically speaking that would go under the heading of just under 3x or over 2x as to be 3x we'd need a capacity of over 34k.

That being said it does seem given all the information available- money available, squad available, facilities and crowd size and even location Parker took a clear step down.

The more I hear and think about all the details we're given the more I question whether Parker actually chose to leave vs actually being asked to leave.

Parker mentioned in one of his interviews that it was agreed by both sides it was probably time to part ways, but whilst that could be seen as a respectful comment I'd be more inclined to believe we actually may have wanted him gone.

He had a good squad for the championship two years ago and only just got us up, a good squad in premiership and failed despite some talented players to keep us up.. plus falling outs with key players like mitro who he didn't play despite us lacking scoring goals.

Makes you wonder why we even care enough to talk about the manager to the extent we are, past the point he's no longer at the club.

Rarely, five games into the season, have we had such a random obsession over a manager who sincerely put wasn't actually even that good and coached players out of their best abilities.

blingo

It's exactly because the squad was more than good enough to be promoted automatically and the squad was good enough to stay in the premiership, had it not been for his total failure as a manager, that this thread exists.