News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Will Stoke be the cat amongst the pigeons?

Started by 3 Cherries, August 25, 2021, 08:30:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Quote from: rebel on August 25, 2021, 11:33:38 AM
If we play 'Millwall Plus' then we should win. Wilson should be back, so 'Millwall Plus' is on.

isn't Wilson still banned?

Cookie6262

Wilson Is back, he missed Millwall, Hull and Birmingham

WhiteJC

Quote from: Cookie6262 on August 25, 2021, 02:11:06 PM
Wilson Is back, he missed Millwall, Hull and Birmingham

thanks, for some reason I though the Birmingham game didn't count? its an "age" thing  :dft001:

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: Cookie6262 on August 25, 2021, 09:56:49 AM
Stoke are looking good and will be up in the play offs, they appear to be playing some fantastic passing football and this will be a real marker, a win would be massive.
In midfield they have Tom Ince, Joe Allen, Sam Clucas, Vrancic, Nick Powell who have plenty of premiership and international experience between them. Upfront Steven Fletcher is always capable of sticking the ball in the net and they paid £5 million for Sam Surridge. At the back a lot of experience in players like James Chester and Danny Baath. Confidence will also be sky high in there camp after a very good start exactly the same start as us.

While I believe we are the best team in the division in our day unlike previous games an 80% performance won't get us 3 points here this will be one of our toughest challenges against a promotion rival.

Very much a new team, i was surprised when i saw this.

Tom Ince - 0min played in league so far
Nick Powell - currently injured
Steven Fletcher - 0 goal and 0 assists so far
James Chester -  0 min played in league so far
Danny Baath - not played since Matchday 1

OhAhhhh

Quote from: We Are Premier League on August 25, 2021, 03:53:24 PM
Quote from: Cookie6262 on August 25, 2021, 09:56:49 AM
Stoke are looking good and will be up in the play offs, they appear to be playing some fantastic passing football and this will be a real marker, a win would be massive.
In midfield they have Tom Ince, Joe Allen, Sam Clucas, Vrancic, Nick Powell who have plenty of premiership and international experience between them. Upfront Steven Fletcher is always capable of sticking the ball in the net and they paid £5 million for Sam Surridge. At the back a lot of experience in players like James Chester and Danny Baath. Confidence will also be sky high in there camp after a very good start exactly the same start as us.

While I believe we are the best team in the division in our day unlike previous games an 80% performance won't get us 3 points here this will be one of our toughest challenges against a promotion rival.

Very much a new team, i was surprised when i saw this.

Tom Ince - 0min played in league so far
Nick Powell - currently injured
Steven Fletcher - 0 goal and 0 assists so far
James Chester -  0 min played in league so far
Danny Baath - not played since Matchday 1

We are very much a new team. However it's one that's has been getting exposure over the last 12 months. The defensive side of our team is as young as any I've ever seen. This is what is likely to feature again yous:

Gk - Josef bursik - 21
Rwb - Tommy smith - 29
Rcb - Leo ostigard - 21
Cb - Harry souttar - 22
Lcb - Ben wilmot - 21
Lwb - josh tymon - 22

However the wing backs are playing more of a midfield role, tucking in as and when needed.

I don't doubt that yous have the best team, however with the confidence in camp, and the fact these guys are young, I hope we don't come and show too much respect! If yous aren't at 100% and we are, I think it could be a close game!

The Rock

Seeing what I have seen so far, this new way we play, I think we are better than we were last year. We lost Anderson, Aina, Lookman and Areola and have Wilson, Gazza, Carvalho and haven't even seen Muniz yet. The way we play we could be lower mid table PL quality, but it's early days and hard to tell.

It's in that light that I think this team should win every game at this level, including Stoke this weekend.

I think we could be the dog, amongst the cat and the pigeons. We'll see.

perry geyton

Stoke are making me very nervous but I can't wait
Roll on Saturday
Wilson and hopefully Reed back in the squad

SP

There'll doubtless be the odd bump along the way but its the thought of playing Barnsley that really worries me.  Hopefully, we'll do better against them this season.

3 Cherries

filham

Early days but Stoke and us are both looking good, should be an exciting match, Wilson back and with Mitro should provide a goal threat.
COYW this is a good one to win and hold on to that lovely spot on top of the table.

Whitesideup

Stoke are a good and improving side. We outplayed Millwall all round and we overcame Hull's defensive set-up, filling the midfield to reduce our fluency, so it will be very interesting to see how we play against a footballing side. This game may be a measure of how good we are. Losing Ream, Tete and Carvalho is certainly not helpful, though Mawson looked ok and certainly up for it. And let's not forget how difficult the championship can be. Last time we got promoted the team finishing last did the double over us, and deservedly so.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: 3 Cherries on August 25, 2021, 06:43:28 PM
Far from certain that Carvalho will be fit... we know Tete and Ream will be out

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/08/fulham-fretting-over-injured-trio-for-stoke-clash/

This makes me uncomfortable - but with Wilson Seri Onomah Anguissa Reed we should be alright in midfield for Carvs to take care of himself and be back to 100% rather than risking him.

Alfie good replacement for Tim

Unsure about right back
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

TheDaddy

Split household this weekend as the other half is a Stokie , Have brought in reinforcements, invited my three sons over for a BBQ , Rupert ,Tarquin and Humphrey will all be attending.

One will be serving Grilled prawn sandwich's whilst the misses will be having Oatcakes with chesses and bacon . 

2-1 Win Fulham and the bragging rights Hopefully
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

H4usuallysitting

I think it'll be a fairly balanced game - with us winning 4-0