watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We could go big!

Started by FulhamStu, August 27, 2021, 08:23:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

Been thinking about the potential of our squad and different formations we could adopt.

Generally the players in our starting 11 are on the small side, Seri, Reed, Carvalho, Kebano, BDR, even Ream is not a big guy, however if we wanted to, we could go 3-4-3 and play a team that could match any big side out there.

The back 3 being Hector-Tosin-Mawson with Kongolo to come in when fit.
In the middle 4 you can have Tete-Anguissa-Onomah-Robinson.
Up front Wilson-Mitro-Cav.

Fulham have traditionally been a small side, I can remember in the 60's hearing us described as Johnny
Haynes and the seven dwarfs!  We could now put out a side described as Land of the giants.

H4usuallysitting

Andy S

That is because Football has changed as it always does. A lot of reams had small nippy players Everton had Alan Ball among others QPR hand the Morgan Brothers. But back toFulham Alan Clarke wasn't small neither was Graham Leggatt. Even George Cohen and Jack Dempsey  we're above average but Moss was a short arse at 5ft 7in

filham

I wonder who our smallest ever player was. I go back as far as the early fifties when we had a little Welsh international winger by the name of Sid Thomas, every player that followed him seemed huge to me.

mrmicawbers

Always thought Stan Brown was small,not sure exactly how small.

Holders

Yeah, Stan Brown wasn't tall, neither were Conway or Tosh.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Finnans Right Peg

Ray houghton and peschisolido were small too