News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Apparently Tete's Hamstring Injury is Serious...

Started by 3 Cherries, August 27, 2021, 07:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junior white

Quote from: Nero on August 27, 2021, 09:47:05 PM
Quote from: Fulham1959 on August 27, 2021, 09:39:44 PM
Quote from: junior white on August 27, 2021, 08:25:57 PM
Perosnally i think we can cope with the. Over we have at RB, f to was the prem i would say get cover but i think we will be ok, rather we focus on other targets of we have any

????????

Let me translate "Personally I think we can cope with the others we have at RB if this was the prem I would say get cover"
Cheers Nero, was using my phone and always have issues when using that.

Have corrected my post now

St Eve

Quote from: WolverineFFC on August 27, 2021, 10:44:07 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on August 27, 2021, 10:38:07 PM
Wow. That's well and truly put the lid on Christie playing for us again then.

I'm really surprised. He's a great bloke and a very good defender in the Championship, and more importantly, already on our books.

Seems simple to me, especially in light of his failed move last weekend. He is on the last year of his contract and Fulham have no interest in giving him an extension for the wages he desires. He is likely looking for a move in order to secure a new contract moving forward.

Wouldn't surprise me if he is still with the team next week, but until the window closes all parties are going to keep him out of the 1st team picture.
Silva just went up another notch in my book. Christie is just not good enough

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Perosnally i think we can cope with the others we have at RB, if it was the prem i would say get cover but i think we will be ok, rather we focus on other targets of we have any

Agreed, we have more than enough fit players available for the Stoke match with alll of the players returning + Wilson.
Not saying that Tete isn't a loss but our new 'utility' player  BDR + Odoi + Sess + Fossey + Christie should cover that
spot.

OOps, typed before reading the thread

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: rogerpbackinMidEastUS on August 28, 2021, 02:57:38 AM
Perosnally i think we can cope with the others we have at RB, if it was the prem i would say get cover but i think we will be ok, rather we focus on other targets of we have any

Agreed, we have more than enough fit players available for the Stoke match with alll of the players returning + Wilson.
Not saying that Tete isn't a loss but our new 'utility' player  BDR + Odoi + Sess + Fossey + Christie should cover that
spot.

Disagree (as does our manager).

We haven't faced the stronger attacking sides in the Championship.   Fortunately Watford, Norwich and Brentford aren't here to test our RBs.

We need better than Odoi at RB.  At some point during the season not having a better RB solution will cost us points, which we cannot afford to give up.  imo.

3 Cherries

We need better than Odoi at RB.  At some point during the season not having a better RB solution will cost us points, which we cannot afford to give up.  imo.
[/quote]

:plus one: Agreed - Odoi cannot be relied upon against faster/stronger opposition and BDR is wasted at RB

Silva is looking for a new RB in the window:

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/christie-finished-at-fulham-as-club-look-for-new-right-back-to-replace-injured-tete

Pluto

The Christie situation is so bizarre because he's easily good enough to play backup right back for us. He'd probably start for every other team in this division. It's frustrating because we have a capable guy there ready to play, and we aren't going to start him for what? The chance to make £750k transfer fee off him?

We literally handed the bloke a new 1 year deal 6 weeks ago. If we weren't prepared to have him play, we should have done the honourable thing and let him go. At this rate we are going to end up paying him £25k a week all season to sit in the reserves whilst we play inferior players at right back. What a waste.

FulhamStu

If Tete had badly done his hammy, he would not have walked off.  Anyone who has had a hammy injury, which I have, will know that.  I suspect it will be a few weeks out, maybe a month.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: FulhamStu on August 28, 2021, 07:15:29 AM
If Tete had badly done his hammy, he would not have walked off.  Anyone who has had a hammy injury, which I have, will know that.  I suspect it will be a few weeks out, maybe a month.

He's expected to be out for months

FulhamStu

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on August 28, 2021, 07:27:59 AM

He's expected to be out for months

Yes, seen the Silva quote now, find it a bit odd as I would not have thought he would have walked off so easily.  Maybe it's a tear in a place that he can still walk on.  He did it when he pushed his body that extra bit to make the cross at the putney end, classic hammy injury.  I now suspect that it is worse than I thought and Silva is thinking that he needs better cover as this could happen again even after he gets fit.  What a shame, anyway if we get another excellent right back it will improve the squad strengh even more.  Odoi, Sess, Fossey at a level below Tele so an Aina type loan would make sense.

blingo

Quote from: perry geyton on August 27, 2021, 07:48:59 PM
He's starting to come across as a bit of a sick note and our wingers are important for Marco's style of play

Personally I think Dennis Odoi could do the job playing alongside two competent center backs

Any news on Tim's injury?

Odoi is seeing out his contract Piri. The two year extension was his pay off

General

Quote from: Fernhurst on August 27, 2021, 09:55:16 PM
Get Fredricks back to cover.....

BTW, it's a tragedy Alphonso sitting on the bench for Wet Spam.

Gutted about Areola. Just hope we get promoted and can get him back.

Would be up for Ola Aina coming back too. He's a step up on Frederick's in my book.

Cookie6262

Bet Cody Drameh wishes he hadn't gone to Leeds now, what a chance this would have been for him.

We Are Premier League

A loan to cover the injury would make sense to me. Kiko Femenia?  Yan Valery?

grandad

Christie is ok for the Championship but what I admire about him more is his Community work.
Where there's a will there's a wife

junior white

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on August 28, 2021, 05:14:20 AM
Quote from: rogerpbackinMidEastUS on August 28, 2021, 02:57:38 AM

spot.

Disagree (as does our manager).

We haven't faced the stronger attacking sides in the Championship.   Fortunately Watford, Norwich and Brentford aren't here to test our RBs.

So with the likelihood of Anguissa leaving we sign a replacement right back and not a direct replacement for Anguissa? We may have to move more than him on for cash if we need to sign 2 or 3 players.

For me I would replace Anguissa and use what we have but as you say MS said it is possible we will bring a replacement in for KT, didnt say we would said it is possible

JimOG

Quote from: grandad on August 28, 2021, 09:01:03 AM
Christie is ok for the Championship but what I admire about him more is his Community work.

Is that the point though? I like Christie and at 6ft2ins (plus he doesn't scare at all!) he gives useful aerial cover as well. But are we planning not to accept Championship standard that got us into the mess last August? Is this a sign that SK & TK have learned the need to forward plan better, upgrading every position if possible?

junior white

Quote from: JimOG on August 28, 2021, 09:14:30 AM
Quote from: grandad on August 28, 2021, 09:01:03 AM

Is that the point though? I like Christie and at 6ft2ins (plus he doesn't scare at all!) he gives useful aerial cover as well. But are we planning not to accept Championship standard that got us into the mess last August? Is this a sign that SK & TK have learned the need to forward plan better, upgrading every position if possible?
Silva has told him he can leave apparently

Sgt Fulham

Gutted about Tete as he is the perfect sort of player to have in the Championship. Never gets intimidated or backs down, is 100% committed, rarely makes silly mistakes, and his one on one defending is top notch. Will be a big miss, whoever we bring in to temp for him.

Of those mentioned, Aina would be my pick. Let's see who the club brings in.

3 Cherries

Everybody is different - Tete is a fine tuned engine (my old engine needs a complete rebuild) - when I tore my hamstring could hobble around for few minutes until it kicked in and then ouch!!

bobby01

There is plenty of life left in Denis, just remember he had Benrahma in his pocket when very few could stop him. Never let us down and at Birmingham still looked good.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.