watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Ronaldo back to Utd

Started by H4usuallysitting, August 27, 2021, 06:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deeping_white

He's the best/second best player ever (depending on how you view the Messi/Ronaldo debate) and he's proven for years and years that he's miles above everyone else in several different leagues. He's not only a very good footballer but he's got such an elite mentality that it's hard to not be impressed by him, he's even carried his country to international silverware so domestically and internationally he's just on another planet - there's a reason why he's the all time champions league and international top scorer

Motspur Park

He is the best player I have ever seen at Craven Cottage and I have been supporting for 49 years. Quite simply, in one of his performances he was frightening running at our defence. We had no answer against him. He was brilliant. However, the fees involved at his age are absolutely ludicrous.

perry geyton

Beamer

United will probably get the fee back in online shirt sales before he kicks a ball for them.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Beamer on August 28, 2021, 12:01:25 AM
United will probably get the fee back in online shirt sales before he kicks a ball for them.

True statement
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Somerset Fulham

I think that most of the shirt stuff will go to Ronaldo and Nike, but have a look at United's share price over the last 48 hours. Its absolutely mental.

Forever Fulham

Yeah, he has a bit of a reputation as a diver.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st3676ruggg

But I think in terms of sheer developed overall skill, he's better than most of the great old timers.   The foot speed, the conditioning, the sustained conditioning given his age and productivity over the years, how every aspect of his game is at the highest level.   Does he have any weakness, any at all, as a player?   The consummate professional athlete.  Many's the nights of his career where he carried his team.  You have to respect someone who worked that hard, day after day, year after year, to be the very best player possible.  None of the old time greats could stay with him, match him  stride for stride.  And with control.   And he was never a one way street.  He never stops battling from start to final whistle all over the pitch.  George Best was a better dribbler, a genius with the ball.   But in spite of that, on any given match day, Ronaldo would likely dominate in a head to head. 

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

The comparison of past and present players is completely irrelevant. Would Johnny Haynes be as good in todays game? Probably because his was all about vision and pin point accuracy with his passes. Can I compare him with a similar player such as Andrea Pirlo? No, because I've only seen Pirlo play. Would Pele score as many goals as Ronaldo or Messi in todays game? Probably, but who knows for sure, again I've not seen Pele play so couldn't comment. 

Best player of my time is the Original Ronaldo in my opinion. Literally had everything and had injury not hampered his career somewhat, he'd have done more.
In todays game, CR7 is the best. But again it is down to preference, like saying who's better, the stone or the beatles. Some will say one, and some will say t'other.

FulhamKC

General

Quote from: grandad on August 27, 2021, 06:21:19 PM
That works out at £ 400k a week. Sheer madness. F***k FFP

They'll likely make it back, or a lot of it back of shirt sales alone relatively quickly I'd have thought. Especially given the romantic notion of the prodigal sons return. Its funny to a degree as everyone narrates Ronaldo around him becoming the player he was under SAF and at Utd, but he had one top season there (scoring 30 goals, compared to two of 17/18 before and after) before going to Madrid where he played his best football, whilst he played, albeit briefly at Sporting Lisbon, in the match against UTD which sealed his move he was already impressive enough for players like Scholes etc to tell SAF he HAD TO buy Ronaldo.

So there is a reason for it but 5 or 6 years as a kid, whereas the majority at Real.. is just interesting to see.

That being said though, now he's signed, alongside Varane, Sancho and the rest of the squad they've built there, unless Ronaldo is past it in the PL they have to be seen as serious contenders for the title now.

JoelH5

So pleased this has happened. I may actually watch some PL games now
I was there, standing in the Putney end

RaySmith

Only hard headed business reasons for the signing, and the wages - that it's thought that he will help United on the pitch, which  is  linked to  commercial reasons, of course, and with profile and international shirt sales etc.