https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Odoi

Started by Marcel_Gecov, August 29, 2021, 03:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Count Flapula

Quote from: Twig on August 29, 2021, 10:57:20 PM
Quote from: millsy on August 29, 2021, 05:02:38 PM
Full backs needn't be tall but do need to be quick and able to concentrate every minute.

Denis played well yesterday but, for me, too often played the safe ball back to Tosin, whereas Our play this season has been more expansive, with balls played along the floor into midfield, which Denis is not comfortable with and doesn't do accurately.

Certainly decent cover and offers some great marauding drives into their half but I'd prefer a solid RB who shuts his man down sooner then plays a simple ball away.

He did play quite a lot of fairly safe passes yesterday, more so in the first half. But it was his first 90 mins this season so a bit of caution was understandable. I thought he became more expansive as the game went on.

Agreed, second half he got forward well and started to pass forward down the right flank to either Onomah or Wilson, or combine with 1-2s to get the play forward, so think the comment about him playing it safe too often a tad inaccurate.

Also agree that most of his poorer and/or mistake laden performances have come at CB - he is more than capable covering at RB until Tete is back IMO.