Gazziniga

Started by JimmyConway, August 30, 2021, 10:21:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on August 30, 2021, 02:06:49 PM
Quote from: Tabby on August 30, 2021, 10:37:20 AM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on August 30, 2021, 10:33:24 AM
6 game's in 3 goals conceded.... I'm not complaining

Another way to put it is 3 goals conceded on 8 shots.

Hard to judge him really since our defence has been ridiculous so far in restricting the opposition.

Another way to put it - 570 minute's of football & conceded 3 goals from 8 shots......or we could just agree that currently we don't have a problem with our defence and goalkeeper

This is my view.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Deeping_white

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on August 30, 2021, 02:06:49 PM
Quote from: Tabby on August 30, 2021, 10:37:20 AM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on August 30, 2021, 10:33:24 AM
6 game's in 3 goals conceded.... I'm not complaining

Another way to put it is 3 goals conceded on 8 shots.

Hard to judge him really since our defence has been ridiculous so far in restricting the opposition.

Another way to put it - 570 minute's of football & conceded 3 goals from 8 shots......or we could just agree that currently we don't have a problem with our defence and goalkeeper

Also worth considering that he should've only done better with 1 of those 3. One was perfectly placed in the bottom corner and the other was a complete fluke that no keeper would've anticipated happening

WindyCity

Quote from: Caedal on August 30, 2021, 10:23:00 AM
I think he's been absolutely fine. I mean he's barely needed to do anything

Not sure about him being absolutely fine, but he has been barely tested.  I don't think he's been asked yet to make just one 'world class type save'.  Kudos to the defenders and the entire team for their tracking back to help out.  He has looked rather shaky on catches/punches and has been caught out of place on numerous occasions but hasn't been punished.

So far, overall impression for me is.....*yawn*

b+w geezer

I'm another who notes he's terrific with his feet and stays glued for most crosses. As for communication with his defence, too early to judge or know really.

His foot skills won't fade, while the crossing side can maybe be coached to be more convincing. As mentioned above, Sergio Rico wasn't tops on that either. Aerola was OK on crosses, but it was I think his least impressive asset. All else was grade A, but that aspect not really.

F(f)CUK

I feel immensely sorry for Rodak, but Gazzaniga has done nothing wrong.

Woolly Mammoth

I am not convinced with Gazza, jury is out for me until I have seen him for myself a lot more.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

LC

For me Rodak is the better keeper. Gaz is better with his feet which is why he's in the team- not that I agree with that, but that's how I see it.

Bottom line for me, I don't think it matters this season, our defence is solid and he won't have much to do for the majority of the season. Next season I'd expect us to be back in the market for a keeper.

Twig

Can we at least get his name right please? It's not Gazziniga, the correct spelling is Gazzaniga. Really p's me off when our supporters can't spell the names of our own players.

Hugh Gentry

Quote from: Twig on August 30, 2021, 07:29:46 PM
Can we at least get his name right please? It's not Gazziniga, the correct spelling is Gazzaniga. Really p's me off when our supporters can't spell the names of our own players.
What do you think about Hary Willson?

Twig

Quote from: Hugh Gentry on August 30, 2021, 07:32:37 PM

I think he's an upgrade on Kneeskins Kibano

FulhamStu

Quote from: b+w geezer on August 30, 2021, 04:23:59 PM
I'm another who notes he's terrific with his feet and stays glued for most crosses. As for communication with his defence, too early to judge or know really.

His foot skills won't fade, while the crossing side can maybe be coached to be more convincing. As mentioned above, Sergio Rico wasn't tops on that either. Aerola was OK on crosses, but it was I think his least impressive asset. All else was grade A, but that aspect not really.

This is spot on, he is excellent with the ball at his feet, one touch passing in crowded areas is a big asset in the modern game.

Hugh Gentry

0001.jpeg
Quote from: Twig on August 30, 2021, 09:02:22 PM
Quote from: Hugh Gentry on August 30, 2021, 07:32:37 PM

I think he's an upgrade on Kneeskins Kibano
0001.jpeg

Black, White and Fred

He's probably the better footballer but rodak the better keeper. He still warrants his place and does need time to settle and get his confidence. He's hardly played recently so happy to sit on this one for now and see how he develops
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

paulbrookersmazydribbles

I think Gazzaniga rather neatly highlights how, for a lot of modern coaches, the goalkeeping being an eleventh outfield player is more important than their cross claiming ability for example. He frightens me terribly under a high ball and I think Rodak has been harshly treated but until he makes a real clanger, I think Silva will retain him as number 1.